PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
New patch has fucked the game entirely from the looks of it? Can't matchmake 90% of the time, and when it fires I'm on a server full of rangs and hackers.

If I click the little "anti cheat" checkbox the game just locks up and has to redownload files from Steam.

Pyratec

Golden Knight of the Realm
Game worked fine for me last night, had to wait up to two minutes for a game sometimes to fire when before the last patch it was mostly ten seconds or so but it always fired eventually. Didnt notice an increase in hackers or anything, but I did click the anti-cheat box before loading the game, which also loaded fine.

Ended up gold rank after the ten placement matches which is actually the third worst but is pretty accurate to my skill level. My K : D usually hovers around 1.1 or 1.2:1 with average damage around 140-150 so Im far from being a great player.

I know its the cool thing to hate on this game these days, but I´m pretty satisfied with the update and the desync etc. is from my perspective improving.

Molten Core Raider
I havent been following the game much lately, but you have to actually click a little button to tell the game you dont want to play with cheaters now?

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
No one seems to know what, if anything, the button actually does? There's no rhyme or reason behind matchmaking now, and I see way more Chinese fucks than I did prior to their "region" lock.

The game launches just fine without the "anti cheat" box checked, and it doesn't seem to influence matchmaking at all, but it does seem to crash the client a ton if I enable it?

Molten Core Raider
I actually came across an article over on massivelyop.com that talked about it not long after I made that last post. It's an in-house built anti-cheat system they plan to use in addition to the existing, yet apparently not very effective, anti-cheat system. Clicking the button makes you essentially a beta tester for the new anti-cheat before they implement it for everyone.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Rombo

Lord Nagafen Raider
Too late for any kind of salvage. Its not that its cool to hate on this game. It was ok when it was the only one of its kind. Agaisnt competition its just bad. Beta RoE has better mechanics, coding, hit reg. Tomorrow with cod, its the nail in the coffin.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Tarisk

Pathetic Reaction Bot
What is currently a better option than PUBG?

People will say BO4 but I'm still hesitant to agree. It's better coded, sure, much more solid from a technical standpoint. But for the slower paced military sim, pubg sadly still is better.

Muurloen

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
I can agree. Until proven otherwise PUBG is still a better option.

While I will not deny its faults and short comings, I think what people are above all us when they express that they do not like this game anymore, is burn out from playing only 3 maps for the last year and a half.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
The idea of PUBG is great, but I'm just not willing to slam my dick in the door of desync/physics glitches/hackers/ping issues and the other endless list of bullshit in the game. I prefer the style of game that PUBG is to something like Black Ops, but my hands are fuckin tied here - one game works, the other doesn't. No brainer imo.

• 4Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Muurloen

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
Ring of Elysium
Played it. Its ok with a good bit of potential, such as the 3 starting load out option (team snowboard 4 life), auto swapping of attachments from one gun to another, and the variable zone shape, but it has draw backs. The TTK just seems to be inconsistent to me on a lot of guns.