PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

spronk

FPS noob
one of the big updates they talked about at E3 I think was putting in full in game replays, ala lol/dota, so it will capture the entire game and afterwards you can rewind/forward every step of the game from the POV of any person, in engine. that'll make it a lot harder for cheaters to continue since every person will turn into sherlock holmes with replays after a death.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Sludig

Silver Baronet of the Realm
one of the big updates they talked about at E3 I think was putting in full in game replays, ala lol/dota, so it will capture the entire game and afterwards you can rewind/forward every step of the game from the POV of any person, in engine. that'll make it a lot harder for cheaters to continue since every person will turn into sherlock holmes with replays after a death.
That seems like a mighty huge undertaking. That's a lot of space and shit happening.

littles

Lord Nagafen Raider
They already had a replay system in beta I guess, for whatever reason they removed it. So I assume they already have some of that work done.

Is there a steam group for this or something to do group shenanigans? None of my friends play this so I havn't had the pleasure of duo/squad action.

Last edited:

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
That seems like a mighty huge undertaking. That's a lot of space and shit happening.
Well I assume most people will only bother to check whomever shot them. I wouldn't be shocked to see a kill cam in single player with this as well. Kill cam would give too much info for duos/squads maybe but you get bullshotted you can at least take a peak.

I'm guessing the replays will be based on whatever the server ends up "seeing" so you'll probably be able to see whatever the other person "saw" and maybe be pretty obvious if lag / sync was a factor.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Right after Jeydax drunk drives us all into another rock.

• 1Solidarity

Fadaar

That guy
Pistol Silencer plus the new full auto Glock is gonna be the shit. I can't wait to kill Muur with it accidentally.

I dunno, in the Twitch clip the dev was very adamant about correcting it to semi-auto every time someone said auto:

Wtf is the point then? Unless the guy was wrong and it is going to be auto which... if it's a G18 that's kinda what it does. Would be neat if you could do suppressor + extended mag + uzi stock to make it a little 33 rd fuckstick.

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs

It is actually really easy to do this as it is similar to the data you send over the network all the time anyway. I've worked with people that put it into every game they make because you can get a recording of some really tough to reproduce bug and just play it back repeatedly to see what is going on.

Sludig

They already had a replay system in beta I guess, for whatever reason they removed it. So I assume they already have some of that work done.

Is there a steam group for this or something to do group shenanigans? None of my friends play this so I havn't had the pleasure of duo/squad action.

Discord - Free voice and text chat for gamers

Not as many on lately but sit in the pubg channel and you'll attract people usually

Discord - Free voice and text chat for gamers

Sludig

I dunno, in the Twitch clip the dev was very adamant about correcting it to semi-auto every time someone said auto:

Wtf is the point then? Unless the guy was wrong and it is going to be auto which... if it's a G18 that's kinda what it does. Would be neat if you could do suppressor + extended mag + uzi stock to make it a little 33 rd fuckstick.

Gun knowledge and game devs especially foreign don't usually go hand and have well even when their consulting experts and players correct them.

Even without auto if you could actually add all those things would be nice. Maybe make people actually use a pistol for a change since the second you find any smg/shotgun+ they after pointless.

GeneralF

Golden Knight of the Realm
A dev got on reddit specifically to correct that video and told us it would be switchable semi-auto/auto.

Fadaar

That guy
Ok good, because otherwise it'd be a worthless addition. Will be nice if they're not super super rare because I hate going in to the late game without an SMG because of the damage output up close. It's that longass time between the the early game and then that SMG's tend to fall off due to so many long distance engagements. G18 would be a nice little halfway point.

Sludig

Ran into that dankshot420 or wtf ever. Seemed immune to a flash that landed close and magically insta gibbed me in superhuman fashion. (One shot with a m16 somehow when I had lv 3 hat/chest and full health)

Oh and had come running out of the blue circle after he'd been in there a good decent little bit. Mid game circle, seemed unconcerned about it. I mean even if at 20% health if you instant triple tap to the head I suppose you dont care.

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
I jump in the Discord that has open spots or players. Lately the FoH Discord has a full group already so I peruse the others I have to find an open game.

• 1Salty

Cybsled

Was trying to escape the south island, but I had been shot up pretty bad and needed some first aid. So I had spotted a bike and went to check a nearby house for a kit. As I am healing, dude jumps on the bike and I unload some shots (hit him a couple times, hit the bike a couple times). So the blue wall is moving in and because I spot no boats, I figure I am fucked and will have to risk the bridge of death. Come across that same bike guy from earlier, but apparently another guy tried to jack his ride and they both killed eachother. As a bonus, the ambush guy had left his bike, so I was able to escape the island and score some loot lol

• 1Like

Sludig

Started double town of yellow house on South coast. Finishing second set and guy rolls up in a car in the middle of the buildings and bails out. Walk out the doorway and hose him down...... Always don't get people that do that rather than park near a tree or rock then run in more cautiously.

But i think max was one plane and didn't think it had dropped boxes where he came from but yet here in first circle this guy had a sks and m249. And 2 8x scopes.....

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
m249 is the only thing there that's crate only. Loot is super super RNG despite what people seem to think so that's an entirely possible, albeit lucky, loadout.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
x8 isn't even that uncommon if you drop on the military island or any of the shipping containers.

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
This patch will be deployed to the main servers on Thursday, June 22nd, 5 PM KST / 8 AM UTC / 1 AM PDT and is expected to take approx. 1 hour to complete.

Server Performance

• Resolved an issue with server performance dropping drastically in certain circumstances.
Client Performance

• Improved rendering performance of other characters.

• Improved client performance during ranged combat.

• Improved rendering performance of vehicles, motorbikes, and boats at a distance.

• Improved the rendering performance of weapon effects at a distance.
Bug Fix

• Fixed a client crash that occurred when changing character appearance.

• Prevented users from removing shadows by changing Steam launch options.

• Fixed a bug that caused players to fire more ammo than the amount loaded.

• Fixed a bug that caused lung icon to be displayed as full while taking damage due to lack of oxygen underwater.

• Fixed an issue with indoor walls and objects overlapping each other.

• Fixed a bug that caused the wooden doors inside houses to have a metallic gloss.

• Fixed a bug that caused some parts of the clothing to be shown when firing a weapon while aiming down sights, using 4x or higher scopes.

• Fixed a bug that caused players to enter the DBNO state after drowning. You will now die immediately after taking fatal damage from lack of oxygen.

• Fixed a bug that prevented the use of healing items after firing full auto mode.

• Fixed a bug that caused flower beds to be shown incorrectly at a distance

• Partially fixed a bug that caused a character to be stuck in terrain.

• Partially fixed a bug that caused the camera to pass through some objects.

Fadaar

That guy
I found 2 8x scopes in the same set of houses yesterday south of Georgopol. It's just blind luck sometimes.

11.jpg