Please help find who murdered my friends family member

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
So this is morbid, I'm sorry. Also not sure where to post it so mods move it if you need to, but I promised my friend I would do everything I could to help him and as such, this post appears. I also made this post on reddit in some of the obvious subs, but I'm doing everything I can to get this out here. This write up below is slightly different than what I posted on reddit, since there's a couple additional details from police and what my friend has told me.

Early in the morning around 6:50am on January 25 2019 in Tomball TX, approximately 5 minutes after her husband left for work, Elizabeth Barraza was in her front driveway setting some things up for a garage sale when a dark (possibly black) 4 door mid/late 2000s model Nissan Frontier stopped nearby. Out of the black truck someone walked out slowly and casual and exchanged some words with Elizabeth for about 5 seconds before pulling out a gun and shooting her point blank 3 times, then stood over her and fired once more while she was on the ground. She passed away the next day. This was all caught on a rather poor quality video by a neighbors surveillance. Please be aware, it shows everything, so please keep care watching it, it's extremely hard to watch. Another surveillance camera got another video of the truck going away.

Thus far, those responsible have not been apprehended. Elizabeth was an avid Star Wars fan, and was part of the local stormtrooper 501st legion, which often does appearances for charity. She passed away in the same hospital where she does most of her charity work. She was a loving soul and her family would love some kind of lead that helps investigators. The Peter Mayhew foundation is also rallying around the family and doing what they can to raise money to get the reward higher and such.

I am a good friend of one of the family members, and they know I am posting this. I just want to see if anyone can help with any information and hopefully get swift justice to the one who did this.

If you have any tips or information around this or can in any way help solve this case, please contact:

Detective Michael Richey: 713-274-9206
Harris County Sheriff's Office Homicide Unit: 713-755-6044
Crime Stoppers of Houston: 713-222-TIPS

Click2Houston News Story (Contains Full Video - Be Warned)
KHOU 11 News Story
Daily Mail -- Surveillance camera captures moment Texas woman is murdered in her driveway | Daily Mail Online
GMA -- Video: Gunman caught on camera killing woman at garage sale

Justice for Liz GoFundMe

Wed 10:30am Press Conference @ Crime Stoppers
Peter Meyhew Foundation Post

Summary of what we know, and all has been reported by the police or in the media:

1. The truck is a dark (or black) Nissan Frontier. Model mid/late 2000s.
2. Police are unknown if male or female.
3. Reward is currently up to $20,000.
4. The garage sale was not previously advertised. They put signs up earlier that morning. The purpose of the sale was to raise extra money for their 5 year anniversary, which was on 02/01.
5. (This is public record, but was not reported directly by the police). Elizabeth was employed in Data Analysis for a pipeline company. She had the day off.

Edits:

- My original post said 7:30am, but it was actually more like 6:50 or so. From what I gather, the 911 calls started at 6:55am.
- Edit: I was requested by a family member to remove some parts of my posts that contained speculation, out of concern to ensure all of the right info is out there. I will edit my post responses as well.

Last edited:
  • 25Solidarity
  • 5Like
Reactions: 29 users

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Jesus man, I can't even imagine. This makes me both rage and want to cry. I have nothing to contribute to the investigation, but fuck me, watching that made me feel like I had to say something. I hope they catch that fucker and crucify him/her. I don't care what the reason ends up being, that's some stone-cold-killer shit right there. That could be any one of us, or our loved ones.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Out of the black truck someone walked out slowly and casual and exchanged some words and hands her what appears to be a note (contents are unknown however) with Elizabeth for about 5 seconds before pulling out a gun and shooting her point blank 3 times, then stood over her and fired once more while she was on the ground.

I'm sorry but it's very likely that your friend's wife and/or your friend were into something shady. Suburban housewives don't get randomly assassinated and this was a hit. The fact that the killer drove up that early in the morning so soon after the husband left for work strongly suggests prior knowledge of the husband's work schedule.

If the cops aren't already investigating your friend, they should be. Not accusing him of involvement in his wife's murder, but aside from the obvious angle of trying to find the truck there really isn't anything else to pursue but the theory that the killer knows the husband/his work schedule.

• 9Like
Reactions: 8 users

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
I'm sorry but it's very likely that your friend's wife and/or your friend were into something shady. Suburban housewives don't get randomly assassinated and this was a hit. The fact that the killer drove up that early in the morning so soon after the husband left for work strongly suggests prior knowledge of the husband's work schedule.

If the cops aren't already investigating your friend, they should be. Not accusing him of involvement in his wife's murder, but aside from the obvious angle of trying to find the truck there really isn't anything else to pursue but the theory that the killer knows the husband/his work schedule.

My friend is one of many family members - apparently they have a very large family. I'm sure they are working on everyone to rule that out. It's very possible they were into something shady and hopefully that will come out if so.

edit:

The fact that the killer drove up that early in the morning so soon after the husband left for work strongly suggests prior knowledge of the husband's work schedule.

I asked my friend about this. Her husband works in flooring and has differing schedules. Sometimes he would leave early, other times not so early. It just depended on the work load that day.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

a_skeleton_02

<Banned>
Post this stuff on the /r/unresolvedmysteries subreddit.

They actually have cracked cases before.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
Post this stuff on the /r/unresolved mysteries subreddit.

They actually have cracked cases before.

It has to be 6 months old to be there, so hopefully I never need to post it there. However, I did post it on the houston subreddit, and RBI. I only posted it here because I know there's some houston bros here, and also because this lady loved star wars to the point even Peter Meyhew is pushing this. Her husband was the leader of the 501st in that area, and they had been doing it for years together. They were total nerds.

• 2Like

Lanx

Oye Ve
<Prior Amod>
Like many, i'm going to say it was the husbands gf. HOWEVER, this entire exchange seems like it was done by a stone cold pro. Drives up to the house, waits a bit, gets out and apparently startles the victim (you see her take a step back when the shooter approachers her, probably shocked someone is talking to her at 7am in the morning), hands her the note then 3 shot quick shots till she falls down and then one to make sure.

That is some stone cold killer shit. Whats the caliber of the weapon? looks small b/c it doesn't see like theres much recoil, considering shes a woman and shooting one handed 4x.

Also it's a woman b/c it runs back to the truck like a woman

Also, there's a lot of "flowy" fabric looks like a nightie, like she just got out of bed to murder someone.

The note was a distraction, it's a very pro move. Here's what i mean, say you're walking down a street and a wakandan approaches you and asks you "say dawg, you got the time". When you look down at your wrist, the next thing you do is wake up drowsy cuz you've been sucker punched in the head. This is a common tactic of wakandan thugs in the st, to stop you and ask you for the time. The same thing happened here, the victim was handed a note, she was distracted, she looked down, and then 3 blams blams.

that truck isn't something a woman drives (maybe in tx? i guess? idk), most likely took her husband/bf's truck out to do the deed.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Either monumental bad luck with a crazy person or the wife was involved in some illegals activities like drugs or someone else's husband. That was a personal execution, someone wanted revenge.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Frenzied Wombat

Potato del Grande
Like many, i'm going to say it was the husbands gf. HOWEVER, this entire exchange seems like it was done by a stone cold pro. Drives up to the house, waits a bit, gets out and apparently startles the victim (you see her take a step back when the shooter approachers her, probably shocked someone is talking to her at 7am in the morning), hands her the note then 3 shot quick shots till she falls down and then one to make sure.

That is some stone cold killer shit. Whats the caliber of the weapon? looks small b/c it doesn't see like theres much recoil, considering shes a woman and shooting one handed 4x.

Also it's a woman b/c it runs back to the truck like a woman

Also, there's a lot of "flowy" fabric looks like a nightie, like she just got out of bed to murder someone.

The note was a distraction, it's a very pro move. Here's what i mean, say you're walking down a street and a wakandan approaches you and asks you "say dawg, you got the time". When you look down at your wrist, the next thing you do is wake up drowsy cuz you've been sucker punched in the head. This is a common tactic of wakandan thugs in the st, to stop you and ask you for the time. The same thing happened here, the victim was handed a note, she was distracted, she looked down, and then 3 blams blams.

that truck isn't something a woman drives (maybe in tx? i guess? idk), most likely took her husband/bf's truck out to do the deed.
Women drive trucks in Texas. Some little 4'10" Texas girl at the office drives a massive F-250 with brush guard and the works. Seeing her climb into the thing is hilarious.

• 2Solidarity
  • 2Like
Reactions: 3 users

Hosix

All labs matter!
This is brutal and I am sorry to read it.

Has the male portion of this taken a polygraph yet?

He give his cell to the popo?

Popo take her cell?

Edit...hard questions and if you don’t know that’s fine.

• 1Like

agripa

Molten Core Raider
No offense but 9 times out of 10 the spouse was involved. I would also post this on the cities subreddit page.

• 5Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 5 users

a_skeleton_02

<Banned>
Quick Google search says it's usually the husband's doing.

Either he hired someone or something he did caused this to happen.

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Guurn

<Bronze Donator>
It's a weird video to watch. The person walks more like a woman than a man and seems to have specific intent. Having seen many shooting victims the last shot is the one that seemed the most out of place to me, almost like it wasn't the first rodeo for the perp. So basically what everyone else is saying.

• 1Like

Hosix

All labs matter!
Uh, what? He shouldn't do this whether he had her murdered or not.

Depends....sometimes it fast to rule someone out. It’s a legit question if he has or hasn’t.

Edit...also, if we are setting up his defense strategy it’s a different topic.

• 1Picard

Lanx

Oye Ve
<Prior Amod>
A polygraph will only ever incriminate you, it can never exonerate you.
yea, gonna have to agree, never take a pseudo science test where ppl can "interpret" results however they want.

• 6Like
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 6 users

dizzie

Triggered Happy
Sad, very sorry for your loss.

Although reddit's unsolved mysteries won't take it, the local area forums there will. They are very good generally regarding crimes.

I hope they catch whomever is responsible.

• 1Like