Pope Benedict XVI resigns

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Just remember what happened last time we had video game popes, one turned out to be a Balnazzar and one turned out to be working with the Twilights hammer!
Let's not forget
Pope-Alexander-VI-assassins-creed-29321218-462-320.jpg

Fiyero_sl

shitlord
Breaking news, people that like to fuck little boys are now considered gay.
Breaking news, the overwhelming majority of pedophiles who have an adult orientation are straight. This has been studied for decades. Molesting young boys has nothing to do with one's adult orientation.

Zhaun_sl

shitlord
Honestly, I would just love to see the Vatican raided just to see it taken apart for what hidden secrets and treasures they have in there knowledge-wise. 2000ish years of hidden knowledge locked away in those vaults, I'd love to see what is hidden in there.

Cybsled

Probably the bodies of Jesus' descendants that they were able to track down and murder to keep things hush-hush.

Northerner

N00b
Less war, more scientific advancements, better health, longer lifespans, happier populations, lower crime rates, more equality, resurgence of literature/art/culture/music, expansion of the domain of the human race, sustainable existence... one could go on forever! Progress is things getting better, not worse.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Then the industrial revolution was a failure, french revolution is still on trial.
Hahaha you are a tool. I take it you built your own house with trees you logged yourself and shaped with your hands and you have no power make your own clothes and grow your own food while walking every place you go. Please explain how you managed to build a computer and your own internet to bring us this well thought out and definitely not retarded revelation.

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
Then the industrial revolution was a failure, french revolution is still on trial.
Yes, things were a ton better when you had to shit in a hut outside with your balls freezing off, only to get polio and suffocate to death because you had to re-use the same rags to wipe your ass. Lets not even get into how glorious it must have been to break your back in the fields and die at 35 knowing you've indentured all of your children to the same fate. Awesome!

fanaskin

Well known agitator
<Silver Donator>
no I didn't and I'm just as dependent on the "system" as you are at the moment, but I've changed my mind about buying a house, i'm going to buy land make a farm, at least I work for myself and don't work for others so I have that dignity intact, i'll try and reclaim the others that so many people toss about.

progress isn't achievement, otherwise the machine gun, tank, missle, bomber, napalm, white phospherus, mustard gas, nuclear bombs would be "progress"

If you go back and read the critiques say in England during the industrial revolution they'll mention things like the industrial revolution was destroying peoples dignity, it destroyed the forests, it took away peoples independance. robbed them of their health and leisure time, it's all there to be read. and it makes sense when man was a farmer he went by cycles when man became a machine worker there where no limits on his exploitation.

science doesn't have any morals, it just is.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Yeah except I'd have less freedom and leisure time at my socioeconomic status at every point in human history than I do now.

I'm a middle class nobody with no connections and average ability, but I can literally go to any populated place in the world at any time I want and can choose pretty much any career path I want and I won't starve.