fucking millenials, loving voyager and shit

266840_60_news_hub_multi_630x0.jpg

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Lanx

<Prior Amod>

hey at least "endgame" was the only time janeway made a good tactical comman decision for once, even tho it involved breaking every rule in every book

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Kirk > Sisko > Picard > Archer > Janeway, Changemymind.jpg

I can see making the case for Sisko being equal to Kirk, but he turned into Black Space Jesus at the end of the show and had the best supporting cast of any Trek Show ever.

TNG has not aged well. A couple of the social commentary episodes are still solid, but the characters are all without flaws and the exposition is just too thick (along with the technobabble) compared to most other Treks. Plus, the first two and a half seasons and anything featuring Troi or Wesley (other than his court martial episode) are basically unwatchable, which is more than half the series. Ron Moore did more than anyone else for the franchise, in terms of fleshing out the lore and making it interesting. Curiously, a lot of the views championed in some of those social commentary episodes would get crucified by the casts current SJW bedfellows, and they would never grasp the irony of it.

Nothing in Star Trek will ever top Wrath of Khan or this moment:

Garrak is probably the best written and acted character in star trek history and anyone who thinks Discovery is anything other than dogshit needs to have that pounded into their fucking skulls to show how bad that show is.

I like Stewart, but the guy should just stick to self parody and voice acting at this point. Blunt should have clued him in that he needs to rest on Logan as his final legacy and not go all Raul Julia and have Street Fighter be the last thing he did. Sadly, even a phoning it in shitty Stewart will be better than Discovery (and most of Voyager).

• 4Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 4 users

TomServo

<Bronze Donator>
i don't know man. Street Fighter and Masters of the Universe are glorious and fun to watch.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
They're the most rewatched because everyone falls asleep during them and has to start them over.

• 5Worf
Reactions: 4 users

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
Clues being the 4th most watched TNG episode and Voyager 1x3 being watched more than 1x1/2 just doesn't make any sense to me.

Is Voyager just the most watched because Netflix has a huge female subscriber count?(They seem to target them heavily in their originals)

• 1Like

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
Also, since I mostly skipped Voyager when it was airing I began watching it a few months ago, that's probably true of a lot of people.

• 1Like

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
They're the most rewatched because everyone falls asleep during them and has to start them over.

In my area the Voyager ratings were so bad the local UPN affiliate pulled the show for a season. They just put something else on fuck you.

• 1Worf

Siliconemelons

I hit up the Ferengi Voyager episode because its hilarious and has some wardrobe choices for the ferengi's female attendants that would never pass the SJW check today.

Greed is eternal!

• 2Like

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>

Voyager is the most easily rewatchable series for me, for whatever reason. I've seen TNG episodes dozens of times already..... I've gone through Voyager 3 times now. The Borg make for interesting television. Hence Best of Both Worlds and Scorpion being on that list. The "best" episodes, however, are not really the most re-watchable. I'm not up for the weight of episodes like Inner Light on the regular.

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Voyager is the oddity in that the last season may have been one of the worst of the series. Pretty much the entire last season was depressing hopeless shit, outside of the Finale and the Chekotay/Seven shipper episode. The entire blob aliens dying off and leaving no living memory of their experiences before melting was a metaphor for that entire season. The issue with that show is that the Doctor and Seven were so much better characters (and acted) than everyone else it was torture any time they did a story with other cast members to keep the actor happy. Beltran and Mulgrew were really cunty about it, but I give Beltran a pass because the writers basically forgot he existed for five seasons.