Pregnancy Thread

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Pinch_sl

shitlord
Unfortunately, my wife miscarried on Tuesday, which would have been about 8 weeks. We were trying for our first and were scheduled to hear the heartbeat for the first time in a couple weeks. Rough times... At least my wife is healthy and there weren't any further complications on her end. It's something that you know is possible, but never really consider could happen to you until it does.

Woefully Inept

Ssraeszha Raider
Damn Pinch I'm really sorry to hear that.
frown.png

opiate82

Bronze Squire
Unfortunately, my wife miscarried on Tuesday, which would have been about 8 weeks. We were trying for our first and were scheduled to hear the heartbeat for the first time in a couple weeks. Rough times... At least my wife is healthy and there weren't any further complications on her end. It's something that you know is possible, but never really consider could happen to you until it does.
Sorry man, been there before myself and it is pretty heartbreaking. Hopefully it is a sign everything is working the way it is supposed to.

Took us 3 years after our miscarriage to get our daughter but now that she is here I wouldn't go back to change the way things happened at all. Hopefully you have far less complications than us, in the mean time you and your wife keep your heads up, things will be a lot better on the other end of the journey.

OneofOne

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Sorry brother, been there. Just try and keep having fun trying, and be there for your woman.

Ronaan

Molten Core Raider
Wife's period is five days late but we're still waiting as to not be disappointed in case it's just coming late.
Since the incident this summer her period has not been as regular as it used to be (it was 28 days on the spot all the time).

We already got our hopes up last month when she was late but that turned out to be nothing. Waiting until thursday (7 days after due date) with the test.

Ronaan

Molten Core Raider
Had a post written up and database error fucked me.

So I'll TL;DR this: did the test this morning because we didn't want to wait, positive, now for some 35+ weeks of hoping all goes well.

Estimated delivery date of my latest product: June 10th, just like our youngest niece. That would be fun and non-fun at the same time (birthday parties colliding).

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Grats Ronaan.

My wife is getting increasingly rotund and is comical when she gets out of bed or our couch. Two more months to go!

lindz

#DDs
Congrats Ronaan!

Close birthdays are not fun. My older two girls are two weeks apart and we now have a cousin that is the week between them. Now only one of my girls gets Grandparents for birthday since we all live in different states.
frown.png

Ronaan

Molten Core Raider
It feels different this time than last time (where we lost the child around week 6). It feels more "real" somehow, if you get my drift. Somewhat feeling attached to the little bugger already.

And it begins.

Wife is experiencing some light pain in the abdomen, fears tubal pregnancy. Most likely though it's just ligaments doing their thing. Gyn appointment at 4pm.
She's all upset already :-(
If we lose this one too, it's really going to suck.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Every small pain, change in mood, change in appetite, something she read on thebump, lifetime movie she watched, various pregnancy forums she reads, advice from her mother causes my wife to spin into a panic lately. She probably mentions miscarrying the baby at least once a day.

I've tried to tell her with all this stress she's going to bring it on herself, but I guess that was in poor taste because I think it made it even worse. My wife naturally worries over everything, so I'm getting stressed the fuck out.

Arative

Vyemm Raider
Every small pain, change in mood, change in appetite, something she read on thebump, lifetime movie she watched, various pregnancy forums she reads, advice from her mother causes my wife to spin into a panic lately. She probably mentions miscarrying the baby at least once a day.

I've tried to tell her with all this stress she's going to bring it on herself, but I guess that was in poor taste because I think it made it even worse. My wife naturally worries over everything, so I'm getting stressed the fuck out.
My wife was like that the 1st trimester, then she calmed down a bit once she felt him move, then it was you think everything is ok, when she hadn't felt him move in a bit, now with 20 days left, she just wants it over with.

Ronaan

Molten Core Raider
We had our share of "I didn't feel her move today yet" with the first kid. Only to have the kid wake up and kick my wife a minute later.

I'm trying to be as calm and positive as possible, trying to make her feel good about everything and of course trying to make herstop reading all those horror stories on the fukcing internet...

In about 90 minutes I'll know more, I hope. Bet it's just the ligaments or whatever, still am somewhat scared.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Yeah when my wife was in the first trimester a big part of my contribution was bullshitting her on how everything was going to be fine just to get her relaxed for health reasons.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Yeah when my wife was in the first trimester a big part of my contribution was bullshitting her on how everything was going to be fine just to get her relaxed for health reasons.
Yeah man, I'm like that too. The worst, and probably most embarassing, was right when she found out she was pregnant. It was during her annual gyno visit and the doctor didn't know until after her exam. Later that night my wife went to the bathroom and "stuff" came out. She was convinced the doctor scraped out the baby any it just went down the toilet..

"Everything is going to be ok.. it wasn't the baby.."

Ronaan

Molten Core Raider
In about 90 minutes I'll know more, I hope. Bet it's just the ligaments or whatever, still am somewhat scared.
It turns out I was, as expected, right. Everything is fine for now. Next checkup in two weeks. I'm so fucking happy.

Going to need a new car in two years, no way in hell I'm taking two kids to kindergarten/daycare in a 3 door Audi A3. My back hurts just thinking about it. Doing it with one kid is borderline abuse already (towards me!)