Project 1999 - Making Norrath Great Again

BigDirty

Security Director of Crisis and Weather Management
<Bronze Donator>
So im getting into this because of the hype for a new tlp server , rocking a level 11 Enchanter named Deadthings , anyone have any spare chanter stuff lying around? I dont even remember what i should be looking for haha , its been a long time since i stoped playing live , quit right after PoP

Kaines

Potato Supreme
So im getting into this because of the hype for a new tlp server , rocking a level 11 Enchanter named Deadthings , anyone have any spare chanter stuff lying around? I dont even remember what i should be looking for haha , its been a long time since i stoped playing live , quit right after PoP

CHA and HP gear. All your charm and mez spells are cha based and hp for... well you could never have enough hp in EQ.

nectar

Golden Knight of the Realm
random question but who was making that battle royale EQ server and what happened to it?

disregard i suck cocks

Last edited:

Behemoth

Trakanon Raider
Are staff of elemental mastery still retarded to get on p1999? I already have an epic mage on there but the character name is lame.

Would play more again if I could either realistically complete epic on my other mage, or get a name change in the other one.

nawcor

Lord Nagafen Raider
The earth staff is still hard to come by, if the char name violates naming policy I think they will change it for you.

Behemoth

Trakanon Raider
The earth staff is still hard to come by, if the char name violates naming policy I think they will change it for you.

• Names where the combination of the first and last name forms a phrase or violate a previous rule (e.g. Crymea River, Bran Muffin, Story Thyme).
The character name is. Woodelfw Annabe so definitely breaks a rule, but you can’t self-ask for a name change.

After thinking more and remembering P1999 never gets out of Velious I just don’t see the point. Maybe if they ever do a full reset.

Siliconemelons

p99 has draw because it is most likely the largest and most active population of any emu server - its the longest running also in terms of no resets/wipes etc.

but it is sad that we wont get space cats

Arden

Blackwing Lair Raider
They promised server resets seven or eight years ago. Open a fresh progression server and keep the older server. After progression server gets to a certain point, merge it with the older server and restart the progression server. That way there is always a progression server but you never need more than two servers.

Seems very worthwhile, but I don't think they've ever generated the motivation to actually do it. I haven't played on p99 in many, many years, but that's the only scenario that could possibly bring me back.

Man0warr

Molten Core Raider
Well Rogean/Nilbog said a new progression server won't happen until they are completely finished patching up to Luclin. There was a huge delay for it but as of now they are down to the final patch (Chardok 2.0 + 2-Hand damage bonus rework) - they are releasing it in two parts, with the first part released a couple weeks ago.

nawcor

Lord Nagafen Raider

• Names where the combination of the first and last name forms a phrase or violate a previous rule (e.g. Crymea River, Bran Muffin, Story Thyme).
The character name is. Woodelfw Annabe so definitely breaks a rule, but you can’t self-ask for a name change.

After thinking more and remembering P1999 never gets out of Velious I just don’t see the point. Maybe if they ever do a full reset.

You could post on the forums to change it, I dont see why you couldnt ask for your own name change.

Siliconemelons

You could post on the forums to change it, I dont see why you couldnt ask for your own name change.

They look into your history.

If you make a knowingly "bad" name - and then go off and scam trades, be an asshole etc. Then you have to live with your rep or they ban you.

So generally they do not take action on "self reports"

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Just FYI -- there are at least 1 or 2 P99 staffers that read this thread. Tho I'm pretty sure the ones that do are more on the coding/database side, so idk if they give much of a shit about CSR issues. Just something to think about when discussing playing the system like that^ tho.