Rainbow Six Siege

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Vegas killed Rainbow Six a decade ago, not sure how you figure this game is the one that did it in.
Yeah. My favorite game on original Xbox for the Rainbow six Series. I cannot remember what iteration it was, but it was fucking awesome.

As was original Ghost Recon coop.

Then they done fucked it all up.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
The Vegas games were fun, but they also gutted everything that made them Rainbow 6.

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Vegas was a decent shooter, but a shitty RB6 game. I take it you never played the series before Vegas or you'd know what I mean.
I used to play the original Rainbow Six and Rogue Spear on MSN Gaming Zone. Best times of my life gaming wise, by far.

KCXIV

Molten Core Raider
Has this game improved from the beta in October or whatever? I actually thought it was fun, but did not think that it was $60 fun. Way too shallow.
i bought it off G2A for 40 bucks. I have friends that are playing it, so i bought it, so far, it seems really fun, but i never played any of the R6 Games. My first one. I wasnt really into Shooters until recently, so all this stuff is new for me.

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Yeah. My favorite game on original Xbox for the Rainbow six Series. I cannot remember what iteration it was, but it was fucking awesome.

As was original Ghost Recon coop.

Then they done fucked it all up.
Raven-shield was where it was. Fucking amazing multiplayer. Ghost Recon was dope as well.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Raven Shield and Ghost Recon were probably the best overall. I really loved GR and the expacs. GR2 was such a huge disappointment.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
So I got this for free with a new video card, so can't really say if I'd recommend spending a full 60$ on it, but it's been a damn lot of fun so far. I feel like I'm basically awful at it cause I have no idea wtf is going on half the time, but the fully destructable stuff is really awesome and makes this a lot more "tactical" than I was really expecting. Having a prep/scout phase at the beginning of every round and each of the characters or whatever be so different makes things pretty different round to round, and it's far less call of duty-ish than I was expecting.

I loves me some full body shield so far and just giving no fucks at all.

BrotherWu

MAGA
<Silver Donator>
What are the complaints on this? I watched a stream of it the other day and I thought it looked like fun, especially if you have a pre-made group. Sort of like less-open CS:GO with gadgets and destructible environment. My only beef would be that I would not pay 4x the price of CS:GO.

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
PvE is fun unless the host leaves which disconnects everyone.

Hoping price drops a bit over the next month, would make a hell of a LAN game scratching the SWAT 4 itch some of us have.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
My only beef would be that I would not pay 4x the price of CS:GO.
That's really the only issue I have with it. This game is a case study in not releasing at a 60$ price point. Much like Titanfall, Battlefront, etc, there just isn't enough there to justify the price tag for a multiplayer only game. If they had launched this at 30$ it would have sold like crazy.

KCXIV

Molten Core Raider
PvE is fun unless the host leaves which disconnects everyone.

Hoping price drops a bit over the next month, would make a hell of a LAN game scratching the SWAT 4 itch some of us have.
on greenman it was 40 bucks same with g2a

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
This shit is free this weekend with codes:

TMTE-DQVQ-JKC8-CCU8
NAME-3G4L-FQGQ-TQEY
FLMK-R4WM-933E-UMV6

Sulrn

Deuces
That's really the only issue I have with it. This game is a case study in not releasing at a 60$ price point. Much like Titanfall, Battlefront, etc, there just isn't enough there to justify the price tag for a multiplayer only game. If they had launched this at 30$ it would have sold like crazy.
Disagree. Game has an identity crisis that a lower price point doesn't solve. It was marketed as the new tactical shooter but plays like a round-based arcade shooter. Even in the last beta-session devs still didn't know which direction to take the game and as far as I'm concerned streams have confirmed that they still don't. There are plenty of cheaper (or free) games that offer a similar if not more refined experience on Steam already. No point in paying $60 or $30 for the same thing - especially to Ubisoft.

Sulrn

Deuces
So this is $45 on Steam.

If you miss the cerebral planning of the older R6 gamesDoor Kickersis $4.00 andBreach&Clearis $2.25.

I picked up Doorkickers last Spring and Breach&Clear this Winter after being let down by Siege not restoring it's roots. Both are top down plan/react/adapt tactical strategy games and help scratch the itch or need something fun to mix into things and well worth the $10 it took for me to get both.

Stave

Potato del Grande
Just picked this up for $30 on ebay with an Nvidia code. They expire tomorrow though, so not sure if they will still be useable after that. I am surprisingly enjoying this. I didn't care much for the previous R6 titles, as they were too tactical, but I am really digging the whole 5v5 with destruction gameplay. Hopefully it stays fun for a while. Already having more fun though than I did in Battlefront.

Stave

Potato del Grande
They are doing a free weekend for this game on Steam this weekend.

Just an overview, I still play this a few nights a week. Have put over 200 hours into it and greatly enjoy it. The destruction really makes it a unique type of FPS. To me it's one of the few cornerstone games I wouldn't uninstall from my PC, along with CSGO, Diablo 3, and a few other select games. I'd highly recommend trying it to anyone who may have had any interest in it. One thing to mention though, similar to a lot of free to play weekends on games, it tends to draw in the hackers. Hacking is pretty minimal normally, I have only ran into a handful in my 200+ hours, but this weekend there are a lot of people trying out hacks.

TecKnoe

Molten Core Raider
anyone still playing this was looking for some type of guide, that shows what competitive players are using for loadouts, anyone got a link to any of that info?