Raised by Wolves

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Kanglor

Silver Knight of the Realm
I knew they were playing with the whole Adam and Eve thing(serpent skeletons)...but c'mon, that's the season finale?? Can't believe I'm gonna say it, but think the new Lost in Space series might have a more coherent central mystery than this. Genius way to end the season, don't really give any answers at all, and then just pile on more mystery for the hell of it.

Xevy

Log Wizard
I guess they're not going to explain
How the rapist reversed the flow of blood from the cyborg fetus, or why it made him superhuman? It's also bullshit that the android mass murdered the theists' colony, including children, but the kidnapees all suddenly love her. Stockholm syndrome I guess?
It's the whole mystical being bullshit. Whatever manipulator being is doing it all wanted that guy to be his disciple so he juiced him and weakened Mother, the only other threat. When he died it was all on Mother again. He kicked ol' Marcus to the curb the second his followers started questioning him too.

Weird as fuck, but will watch Season 2 for sure. Not sure how you deal with that type of big bad though.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Toids

Molten Core Raider
I knew they were playing with the whole Adam and Eve thing(serpent skeletons)...but c'mon, that's the season finale?? Can't believe I'm gonna say it, but think the new Lost in Space series might have a more coherent central mystery than this. Genius way to end the season, don't really give any answers at all, and then just pile on more mystery for the hell of it.

I am very curious where you negative fucks are getting your quality Sci-Fi from? the CW maybe? That is a fair question if you are comparing this series to Lost in Space. The Expanse has a few seasons available, but after that what? Everyone wants to be the alpha-nerd and criticize quality TV, just because it isn't perfect. If you liked BSG, even kind of, watch this shit, and fuck these "...but c'mon" dickheads.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
just saw episode 1, GODDAMN that was fucking amazing. i wanna pace myself, but the world building is insane

Good ole spronk spronk wants to "pace" himself for a series that released two episodes a week and finished it's run in under a month. Fucking retard

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
Screenshot_2020-10-02 ‘Raised by Wolves’ Ridley Scott Explains That Monstrous Finale.png

lol

• 2Picard

Kanglor

Silver Knight of the Realm
I am very curious where you negative fucks are getting your quality Sci-Fi from? the CW maybe? That is a fair question if you are comparing this series to Lost in Space. The Expanse has a few seasons available, but after that what? Everyone wants to be the alpha-nerd and criticize quality TV, just because it isn't perfect. If you liked BSG, even kind of, watch this shit, and fuck these "...but c'mon" dickheads.
Speaking for myself, The Expanse is the only high quality sci-fi I've seen in quite awhile. Westworld started off strong, went to shit, same with Altered Carbon...not to mention the new Trek stuff is awful imo. Sorry that I won't accept chickenshit as chicken salad because there's not much to choose from. More power to you and anyone that likes it, hell there's people that genuinely enjoyed that Nightflyers series a couple of years ago...somehow.

• 1Like

velk

Trakanon Raider
The ending of this season was a gigantic pile of 'What the fuck?'.

I was amused that the 'miracle child' was an intestinal parasite though, this is a much better direction than I was expecting from a terrible storyline like that.

• 2Like

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser

Free tie-in comic here, reading now because apparently it expands on the lore

ShakyJake

<Donor>
Certainly I'm not the only one who noticed that female kid looks like a Romulan?

• 1Worf
  • 1Seriously?

Shmoopy

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Yeah really strong start but went a bit downhill into weirdness. Still good show.

After The Expanse hard to find sci-fi that is consistently as excellent.

• 1Like

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
Getting serious LOST vibes from this. Always worrying when instead of working through mysteries, a show piles more on.

Really thought we were going to see an AI story line, where a sentient, planetary AI got the dumb monkeys on earth to believe in it as a God by giving them the ability to create super advanced AI of their own (Though, as their religion states--they don't really understand how it works, they can only make them. So they are mechanics, not engineers). I figured the "Atheists" had realized SOL was not a god, and in fact an alien incursion and tried to rebel--hence the war. I figured the cards might have been files/records from the race that originally created the AI, trying to warn the humans about its dangers and keep them away from Kepler, since it seemed the goal of the AI was to create a half AI/Half carbon based hybrid.

But nope! Giant psychic fucking snakes on this motherfucking world were behind it all. LOL. This really seems like an author got way too far in the biblical weeds. Ridley Scott is way to obsessed with religion in his old age.

Heh, this is a "careful for what you wish for moment". Because so far, the biblical themes in this are really obtuse and overt. The serpents giving humans 'information' which destroys them and makes them miserable (Giving knowledge of good and evil to humanity)? The symbolic "eve" (Mother) releasing the serpent's evil in the new garden?

The 'female centric' themes seem to be--women will fuck up everything. lol.

• 1Solidarity

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
What a fucking joke that finale was. All of that set up with the "creator" and it turns out to be a magical flying leech snake? That grows into a fucking Japanese anime monster? What the fuck, lol. Nevermind they flew through the middle of the molten core of the planet.

• 2Like

ShakyJake

<Donor>
But nope! Giant psychic fucking snakes on this motherfucking world were behind it all. LOL. This really seems like an author got way too far in the biblical weeds. Ridley Scott is way to obsessed with religion in his old age.
Also reminded me of Prometheus -- snake comes out with nothing significant to feed on but somehow manages to grow 1000x in size.

CaughtCross

Vyemm Raider
An AI could still be behind everything. The AI designed the serpent kind of like how the Aliens in in Prometheus were designed by those tall white skinned dudes. Also getting serious Lost vibes with this now.

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
It doesnt matter who is behind what at this point.

This show has devolved into such shit, which is ironic, because at this point, DE-evolution is the only interesting aspect in this show now. Father mentioned the planet is devolving, I guess its really going to now with their new giant flying snake overlord.

Oh, and Im not sure if you actually watched Prometheus, and or Covenant, but it was David who created the Aliens bud.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
How to fuck up a series 101. Taught by Professor Scott.

• 1Like

Xevy

Log Wizard
The snake fed off the energy of the lander. Mary even said it was growing at the "cellular level" at a crazy rate. Throw in some nuclear level energy source and you've got big expansion. Need mass? Not really. He could be larger with less density, which would be ideal as it levitates/flies.

Ninen

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
That ending really felt like a shitty, transparent plee to get picked up. To many hooks.

You like the kids? we have a hook for that!
The androids? The impersonators? The Godbothers? The Athiests? Planet Lore buffs?

If any of these things were Your Jam, we have a hook that we Promise (tm) we'll make good on in season 2, so do your bit to get them to throw cash at us!