Raised by Wolves

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I think the fact that it flies is what fucks with me. if it slithered out of her robot poon, and into the darkness, that would have been horrifying, and compelling. Still a little strange, but very alien and terrifying. But when it flew? and she aloofly stated to father that "oh, we cant kill it by throwing it down the hole, it flies!" .......that was just a bridge too far.

spronk

FPS noob
i mean... she can fly, not much of a stretch to imagine it "learned" how to do it from her. Its possible the original alien versions didn't fly and made the tunnels, if the worms could fly they really wouldn't need the tunnels.

theres a lot of cool setup for season 2 but based on all history of TV shows, the Sophomore Slump usually kicks in and season 2 is a turd

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I was "intrigued" for the entirety of the season. Not overly excited to watch it, but still compelled to. There are just so many mysteries, plot holes, etc. that I want filled in and more were added every single episode. What is that? What is this? What does that do? Why dont they do that? But even while Im asking thos questions, I'm also thinking.. "They're advanced, they cant figure out how to create some form of transportation instead of walking all over the desert?" "If there is a tropical zone within distance, and you have a lander that uses biofuel that you can readily refuel - why in the fk are you all still living in stone huts and looking for food?" "Did they really just crack open a big container of Milk thats been stored for who knows how long that trip was?" and on and on and on...

Like others, I'll watch Season 2. I want answers. But I want more science fiction this time and less.. well, children, mother/father complexity. There is all this hope and motivation to build a new civilization, but the best theyve been able to do is plant radioactive crops and build huts. I guess in a way, I just expect more from a science fiction show. Even if its just eye candy.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Jozu

There was just so much unnecessary shit on screen. Children bullshit, way too much time. Android and Human creator love angle, completely wasted.

The Sol stuff was mediocre, the only really interesting part of the show was in the early episodes where mother was owning shit and just murdering. The ark cgi was awful but her crashing that entire ship was one of the most ruthless acts Ive seen from a character in any sci fi universe (outside of ridiculous Star Wars Death Star nonsense).

Div

Silver Knight of the Realm
I think the fact that it flies is what fucks with me. if it slithered out of her robot poon, and into the darkness, that would have been horrifying, and compelling. Still a little strange, but very alien and terrifying. But when it flew? and she aloofly stated to father that "oh, we cant kill it by throwing it down the hole, it flies!" .......that was just a bridge too far.

The serpent has some of the Necromancer powers and since she is able to fly I guess it got that power from her.

Jozu

Like mother like son, got it. I wonder if she can do it again and make another one?

Div

Silver Knight of the Realm
Other then flying, we don't entirely know what other powers it has, maybe the screaming blowing up humans shit or who knows.

Well I doubt she'll be making another one. She thought she was pregnant with a human baby and when it was born she realized she was "tricked" into birthing the serpent.

The one thing that annoyed me was, with all the fucking advanced tech they have, did they not do an ultrasound and realize oh fuck that thing is a snake and not a human?

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
it's pretty simple from where were at right now - season 2 is either going to cement this as a god tier fantasy sci fi show (which we're sorely lacking), or it's going to prove this out as a big joke.

i'd put money on the latter but will try to remain optimistic

spronk

FPS noob
Other then flying, we don't entirely know what other powers it has, maybe the screaming blowing up humans shit or who knows.

Well I doubt she'll be making another one. She thought she was pregnant with a human baby and when it was born she realized she was "tricked" into birthing the serpent.

The one thing that annoyed me was, with all the fucking advanced tech they have, did they not do an ultrasound and realize oh fuck that thing is a snake and not a human?

I kinda thought that was one of the more interesting moments, first she was on the crashed ship so systems are almost all dead. Her companion is a medibot which seems to really only follow orders and not really do much on its own, especially as its built for humans not androids.

But most fascinating was Mother's "human" assumption chain. She just assumed the baby was a gift from her creator, and her real purpose for coming to Kepler 22-b and restart a new civilization. Of course the logical/AI thing to do would have been to get scans on it, blood and DNA samples, analyze what she is carrying, etc. She does NONE of that, and immediately just starts feeding it everything she can get her hands on including human blood (plasma) at the end. Its that overriding survival instinct we have in us, and while she was in no way programmed with it, she somehow developed the instinct to do everything to protect her offspring. the ultimate Mother.

• 1Like

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
Isn't that exactly what Campion did though, program her with "mother instincts" to raise these children? Hard to tell what was real in those flashbacks and what was demon snake created.

Cynical

Canuckistani Terrorist
I don't consider it a good sign when they deliberately put in these plot holes, just to make me want to watch the next season. I'm so fucking sick of this Lost style shit. Keep me watching because your telling a good story, not with these stupid plot carrots, that ultimately get hand waved away seasons later with something stupid, or never at all.

Diving into the planet part bothered me a lot, was that supposed to be the core of the planet? I kinda interpreted that as a giant pocket near mantle or something, it was far too small of an area. The upside down camera makes it appear they shot through other side, but that doesn't make sense for so many reasons. The exit was shorter than the entrance, depending on angle, following any of those holes out from that depth would take you to a completely different part of the planet, with drastically different distances (which it did)

Easier to accept that somehow the creature turned it around, or Mothers "maternal instinct" took over at last second, and use it as a flashback in S2. It was interesting those holes swiss cheesed the "ceiling" though, looked more like ancient boreholes from surface that mined out the pocket, and whoever made them delved too greedily & too deep.

• 1Like

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
I'm fucking shocked that this show even exists TBH. Crazy hard sci-fi with no backing popular IP isn't a thing I thought I'd ever see studios taking a risk on these days. Was this a Ridley Scott baby that he railroaded through with his name or what?

Only couple episodes in but seems fucking fantastic so far.

spronk

FPS noob
found out today that the guy who played Father voiced Bayek in AC Origins (the egypt one)

• 1Like

Lenas

Trump's Staff
There are all kinds of things to nitpick on, like it makes no fucking sense to travel "through" a planet - the ... gravity would reach zero at the center so you'd just hover around completely fucked, ...but eh sometimes you just gotta flow with the story.

You have an interesting understanding of physics.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
1603742686344.png

If you read that I can see how he got there.

Xevy

Log Wizard
I just figured it went down near the mantle of the planet or just higher lava flows or whatever, snekgod took control of the vehicle, and then he flew up the appropriate tunnel to come out in the tropic zone they've talked about like 1000 times. They were all planning on walking to the tropic zone so I imagine it wasn't the literal exact opposite side of the planet.

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
Finally finished this series up. I have no idea what's going on, and I half think the writers have no idea either, feels very much like lost or something. Sci fi is probably the one genre where really wtf stories can work. It slowed a bit toward the end, but the show didn't lose me.

I didn't take it as them flying through the planet. They obviously covered a large distance, but nothing like 'through the planet'

Lenas

Trump's Staff
I didn't take it as them flying through the planet.

Irrelevant. My only point was even if you did somehow manage to get to the center of the planet you wouldn't be floating around in zero gravity.

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
I'm fucking shocked that this show even exists TBH. Crazy hard sci-fi with no backing popular IP isn't a thing I thought I'd ever see studios taking a risk on these days. Was this a Ridley Scott baby that he railroaded through with his name or what?

Only couple episodes in but seems fucking fantastic so far.

this is the one reason why i'll give season two a fighting chance and attempt not to hate too much on the end of season one