Raised by Wolves

Shmoopy

Golden Baronet of the Realm
We are slogging through it just because it is so weird. Doubt it gets another season.

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
Made it through four episodes bc people here said it was decent before deleting it.

Man, this show is souless. It leaves me feeling gross.

• 1Seriously?
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

nu_11

I don't know guys.

S1 started strong but then it got worse and worse by the end that it was just boring.

S2 is crazy shit happening all the time, and for me it kinda works. The acid trips keep it from getting boring like S1. And it's nice that theres no overt woke messaging; everyone and everything is just fucked up.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Attog

Blackwing Lair Raider
OK I fucking admit this is not where I thought shit was going to go this episode. I was way off on my predictions about mama tree.

Writers on this episode in particular:

Elon Musk Smoking GIF

• 5Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 5 users

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
Made it through four episodes bc people here said it was decent before deleting it.

Ironic in a show partly about religion vs atheism, androids etc

Goatface

wonder if it is going to get another season. need to see where all this crazy goes now.

nu_11

Finale:
Did Sol actually show up at the end there helping Jesus Marcus, is it a sign of another entity, or something else?

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>

This show is a pile of nonsense. I like it, but I'd never try to articulate why to anyone.

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
This show is a pile of nonsense. I like it, but I'd never try to articulate why to anyone.

Because the devolving humans and the breastfeeding from ugly mermen allows you to live your sick, degen, furry fantasies vicariously through the show?

Yeah I totally get why you'd never articulate that to anyone

• 1Double Worf

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
Because the devolving humans and the breastfeeding from ugly mermen allows you to live your sick, degen, furry fantasies vicariously through the show?

Yeah I totally get why you'd never articulate that to anyone
You only fucked a dog, amateur.

• 1Worf

uncognito

Trakanon Raider
this episode seemed different than the rest of this season, not really in a good way.

• 1Like

Zaara

I'm With HER ♀
Not even the tv house safe from dog fucking denizen derails

not getting old at all

Nope

• 1Like

Oldbased

> Than U
this episode seemed different than the rest of this season, not really in a good way.
I call these hook finales. I'm sure there is a proper term but that is what I call them.
Finales where it could be series finale but with enough hook to say come on maaaan let's do another.

Warrik

Potato del Grande
<Donor>
Season 2 for me feels like they went all in with the Lost vibes, which is great imo. Layers of weirdness and mystery works really well, however, the trick is can you stick the landing. I really hope we get a Season 3 that delivers. Overall, S2 was very good and actually lifted S1.

Tripamang

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I really like this show for a whole host of reasons.

The premise seems to be three different paths that humanity can take, one of logic, morality and a middle path that combines them both but with individual choice. The collective was an AI that handled everything and turned humans into what were effectively slaves completely dependent on it for survival. Grandma is the epitome of this logic where human survival is reduced not to a measure of humanity but to simply adaption and survival. The humans blindly follow every command without question and just presume that because the collective is more intelligent then it must be the correct path to follow

The Sol followers have a very strong faith and will do absolutely terrible things to maintain that morality which is why they created things like the necromancer. They will destroy any non believers and they would rather see the world burn then a world exist without faith and their morality. The entity on the planet makes this whole thing a weird exploration of what that faith means especially if it's true. Do you blindly trust this powerful entity making your prophecy become reality? Or is the entity abusing that knowledge to manipulate you? What does that mean for your own choices if there is a god? What if god does exist but asks you to do terrible things? For example shooting somebody and crucifying them.

In either of the two extreme scenarios humans are effectively slaves to an ideology while the third option is a mix of both faith and logic moderated by humanity. The reprogrammed Mother and Father robots value life, want to see growth but they don't want to control the children as much as they want to guide them. If Mother/Father force the children to make certain decisions then they've failed to teach them why those decisions are important. It's fine to have faith, it's fine to be logical but if either of those two things conflict with your humanity then your humanity has to prevail. Mother/Father's personal growth has them becoming less robotic atheists and more into paternalistic figures while learning to value humanity and it's how we perceive their motivations throughout the second season. They don't want to kill Marcus, they don't want to see the Sol followers killed what they want to do is unite everyone and ensure their survival even without their guidance.

The show I feel dances around these premises rather than really pushing them in your face which I think is hurting more than it's helping. In a sense it's the show hoping to show you something to lead you to the right answer rather than telling you what it is (much like the mother/father middle ground). It might seem less abstract if it was more direct in the messaging and I suspect it won't get a third season which is a shame imo.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
I don't know guys.

S1 started strong but then it got worse and worse by the end that it was just boring.

S2 is crazy shit happening all the time, and for me it kinda works. The acid trips keep it from getting boring like S1. And it's nice that theres no overt woke messaging; everyone and everything is just fucked up.
This is me as well I got snake eating tree people and acid merman breast feeding babies just gives no fucks about explaining just more weird shit full speed ahead.