Rate Movies You've Recently Watched.

Slaanesh69

Millie's Staff Member
Crocodile Dundee - 7/10

It has some pacing issues and hasn't aged too well, but it's still a fun little movie with some memorable scenes. The ending scene in the subway is great.

That's not a knife, this is a knife!

Classic! It is bottled '80's to be sure. May be one of the first movies at which I made out with a girl in the theatre, so I give it a 10/10.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
3022 - A group of astronauts living in the haunting emptiness of deep space awake to find earth has suffered an extinction level event. Omar Epps, Kate Walsh
5/10 slow, dark (as in the budget didn't include for more than 1 light bulb per scene) , depressing
Yeah, I can't recommend this movie unless you really want to watch a psychological introspective of people looking for reasons to survive or not after all hope is lost. And I just made the movie sound far more interesting than it really is.

I do give props to Epps for being able to pull off realistic looking facial tics. I have absolutely no idea how I would go about trying to duplicate that.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
The Dirty Dozen. 10/10.

This movie will hold up forever and was the basis for a lot of other great movies like Stripes and Down Periscope.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
The Dirty Dozen. 10/10.

This movie will hold up forever and was the basis for a lot of other great movies like Stripes and Down Periscope.

I just rewatched that a month or so ago and it definitely still holds up. It suffers a little bit from tone whiplash as it is both very funny and very dark at times but I think it really pulls it off. If you've never seen Emperor of the North I would recommend that one to you.

Image result for emperor of the north

Lee Marvin is just so good.

Locnar

<Bronze Donator>
Sweet Virginia , on Netflix now. Good and dark and artsy. 8/10

Cut Bank, also on Netflix. Thought it was going to be a lot better than it was because its a A24 film. Unfortunately 5/10

gshurik

Tranny Chaser
<Gold Donor>
I had actually never seen Spirited Away so I decided to give it a watch.

Amazing art and great soundtrack, but the story was pretty fucking weird. I enjoyed it for what it was though.

8/10

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
3022 - A group of astronauts living in the haunting emptiness of deep space awake to find earth has suffered an extinction level event. Omar Epps, Kate Walsh
5/10 slow, dark (as in the budget didn't include for more than 1 light bulb per scene) , depressing

Just finished this and 5/10 is about as good as I’d give it also. Parts of it just don’t work and I really wanted to like it. But at the end it is just not good.

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Midsommar - Sweden looks fun. 8/10
Joker - Phoenix was insane, cringed through most of the movie. 8/10
Knives Out - Nothing special, but solid enough? 6.5/10
End Game - that's about it for superhero movies for me. 6.5/10
Detective Pikachu - Loved this movie, hit all the funny goofy spots. 7/10

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Better Watch Out - Christmas "horror" that starts off reminiscent of Scream and the like, takes a pretty cool turn halfway through. I enjoyed it more than I thought I would. No nudity, should have been. 7/10

Good Boys - Decent little story of three sixth graders trying to fit in with the cool crowd. Only rated R for the language (was hoping for some older girl titties), but considering 3 child actors were the focus of the movie, it was actually pretty good. Nothing ground-breaking, but a decent watch to see them get stuff totally wrong (like saying they would blowjob a girl so hard, because they have no idea what an actual blowjob is, but know it is somehow related to sex). 7/10

Locnar

<Bronze Donator>
Siren (2016) on netflix. I watched it because it was said this was a continuation of one of the short stories from VHS and I really did like VHS and those short stories.

7/10 not bad, kept me entertained and they had some elements and environments I have not seen yet.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Dolemite is My Name (on Netflix). It's got Eddie Murphy in the lead as Rudy Ray Moore telling the story of how he made his first film in heightened reality not too dissimilar from what was done with Ed Wood.

It was a lot of fun!

Szlia

Just saw Portrait of a Lady on Fire. It's a french film that was released around here 4 months ago and that will be released in the US in a month or so. The genius of the film is that anyone who saw its trailer or heard its pitch (18th century woman painter goes to a remote island where she has to befriend a reluctant bride to be to secretly paint her wedding portrait) know exactly how it will play out - and it does play out as expected - yet the film still manages to surprise and impress at every turn. Masterful.

Slaanesh69

Millie's Staff Member
The Shape of Water.

For all the buzz and Del Toro attachment, it fucking sucked in my opinion. I am a fan of Michael Shannon and Richard Jenkins but even they could not support this slow, boring, plodding movie. The cinematography, the mood, the setting, it was all pretty great, but the story was just too blah and the whole relationship between fish man and mute lady was meh. Maybe my empathy was low so I just couldn't get the feels but I would not recommend it. The characters aside from the two leads were really cookie-cutter stereotypes too - violent security guard, sassy black lady, ass kissing corporate climber, arrogant general, gay neighbor.

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
I watched Megan Leavey today (it's on Hulu at least) and it was pretty damn good. Based on a true story, girl who went into the marines and ended up doing the dog stuff searching for IED's in Iraq. Might have even shed a few tears.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Good Boys - 4/10, nothing here. Dick jokes weren’t really funny, kids weren’t that funny, it even failed at being shockingly offensive.

Angel Has Fallen - 6/10, not great but mildly entertaining background noise. I enjoyed Olympus and London much more. Feels a little (okay a lot) drug out at this point. The behind the scenes and making of were actually kind of interesting. Seems like they really had a good time filming the thing. Too bad it just didn’t translate to the movie.

Zombieland: Double Tap - 6/10, not as fun as the first. Was pretty drunk at this point though and honestly can’t even remember how it ended. Most of the first 75% I remember. Emma Stone almost immediately makes this a 9/10 movie, but alas...

Streamed something I can’t remember in between Good Boys and Zombieland but damned if I remember. Will have to check at the house.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Oh yeah remembered!

Playing With Fire - 7/10, actually really enjoyed this. Maybe I was looking for something more wholesome and family oriented. The slapstick stuff wasn’t always on point but it was funny, cute, heartfelt.

Fucker

Log Wizard
It Chapter 2. 0/10. It's a long stream of canned and tired frights that are just noisy and not scary.

Guurn

<Bronze Donator>
Romeo is bleeding- 8/10. It's a great noir style film. Gary Oldman and Lena Olin are at the top of their games. Just a great film.

Quotes

Jack Grimaldi: People think that Hell is fire and brimstone and the Devil poking you in the butt with a pitchfork, but it's not. Hell is when you should have walked away, but you didn't.