Rate Movies You've Recently Watched.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Wild Men - Amazon Prime. Its a movie about filming a big foot hunting show that runs into bigfoot. Its definitely a B flick but was really fun despite it. 7/10 due to budget.

Range 15- Amazon Prime Matt Best indiegogo movie. Was pretty fun schlock. Worth a free watch. 6/10 due to the rediculousness.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
In the Shadow of the Moon - Was somewhat bleh. Thought it was going to be much better and more interesting based on how it started but it never really went anywhere. Did have to finish it over 2 days so that may have impacted my perception of the pacing. Was just looking for something SciFi. Turned around and watched Edge of Tomorrow again bc hadn’t seen Emily Blunt in a while.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Better Watch Out - Christmas "horror" that starts off reminiscent of Scream and the like, takes a pretty cool turn halfway through. I enjoyed it more than I thought I would. No nudity, should have been. 7/10

Good Boys - Decent little story of three sixth graders trying to fit in with the cool crowd. Only rated R for the language (was hoping for some older girl titties), but considering 3 child actors were the focus of the movie, it was actually pretty good. Nothing ground-breaking, but a decent watch to see them get stuff totally wrong (like saying they would blowjob a girl so hard, because they have no idea what an actual blowjob is, but know it is somehow related to sex). 7/10

Better Watch Out was pretty good. Thanks for posting about it. And yeah Olivia DeJonge was thumbs up.

• 1Like

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Just saw Portrait of a Lady on Fire. It's a french film that was released around here 4 months ago and that will be released in the US in a month or so. The genius of the film is that anyone who saw its trailer or heard its pitch (18th century woman painter goes to a remote island where she has to befriend a reluctant bride to be to secretly paint her wedding portrait) know exactly how it will play out - and it does play out as expected - yet the film still manages to surprise and impress at every turn. Masterful.

I liked this a lot. Was very well done for everything it covered. My only nitpick that doesn’t really detract from my enjoyment is wishing it had ended in the classroom with her saying she wasn’t sad anymore. I didn’t like the one Orpheus call back followed immediately by a second reference in the art scene. The closing scene kind of sold it all though. That was pretty strong. Maybe just delete the in between and go straight in to Vivaldi. I dunno, like I said just being nit picky.

Adèle Haenel was gorgeous and looks so damn familiar but cannot figure out why at all. Nothing on her IMDB stands out as something I would have seen.

Izo

Tranny Chaser
Fury. 'Mericans in tanks ww2. Germans are bad, but have better tanks. Pew pew pew. Then some SS batallion murders them all, xcept the young guy who hides under the tanked tank. Tank-you very much for the action. Tanks. Brad Pitt is in it too, but he dies with 2 nades beside him inside tank, yet his body is okay. Tanks.

k^M

Blackwing Lair Raider
Velocipastor (Prime), oh my god so awful. Priest loses someone, goes to china, gains power to turn into a raptor. Such an amazing premise, filmed with what appears to be a handheld camera, and so terrible.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Velocipastor (Prime), oh my god so awful. Priest loses someone, goes to china, gains power to turn into a raptor. Such an amazing premise, filmed with what appears to be a handheld camera, and so terrible.

Is it not even so bad it is good territory? 😭Was looking forward to this one.

Chanur

<Gold Donor>
Tammy and the T-Rex. Denise Richards and Paul Walker with tons of cameos. B schlock that was pretty fun. I enjoyed it. Streaming on Shudder.

k^M

Blackwing Lair Raider
Is it not even so bad it is good territory? 😭Was looking forward to this one.

I love me a good B movie. I Binged 5 tremors movies for my birthday on netflix, but this movie seriously has no endearing appeal. Raptor he turns into looks like a blow up dinosaur for kids and everything. Blair witch had a higher budget than this kinda thing

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Chanur

<Gold Donor>
Bliss - Starts slow then jumps on a high speed train to crazy town. Tons of tits, ass, drugs, and blood. Must see horror film of the year. It reminded me a lot of Mandy in a way. It was very artsy/psychedelic in places. Streaming on Shudder. 9/10

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
Arlington Road - Great tension and holds up well even if you know the twist. Bridges nails being a broken man in the face of things triggering the fears and traumas lurking in his mind. 8/10

Oldbased

> Than U
Danger Close(2019) Aussie Vietnam movie from action in 1966. Not as good as We Were Soldiers but not bad either. Probably give it a 8/10.
Litght of my Life-Casey Affleck movie. Reminded me of a cross between The Road and The Walking Dead( without zombies but TWD was never about zombies ). I like these sort of stories with only a dozen or two actors so I give it a 7/10. Didn't like the ending, or rather where it ended.

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
Danger Close(2019) Aussie Vietnam movie from action in 1966. Not as good as We Were Soldiers but not bad either. Probably give it a 8/10.
Litght of my Life-Casey Affleck movie. Reminded me of a cross between The Road and The Walking Dead( without zombies but TWD was never about zombies ). I like these sort of stories with only a dozen or two actors so I give it a 7/10. Didn't like the ending, or rather where it ended.
Check out Leave no Trace with Ben Foster if you liked light of my life

Oldbased

> Than U
Check out Leave no Trace with Ben Foster if you liked light of my life
Thanks, will watch it tonight after the 3 Washington History channel docs.
Edit- Think I have seen this one but it was good. Might watch it again anyways.

Fucker

Log Wizard
The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy 2005. It is better than I remembered it to be. I can't believe ZD is already 40.

Oldbased

> Than U
Preppers 8/10 as I didn't expect the last 1/4 of the movie at all and the credit scenes were lol.

Chanur

<Gold Donor>
The Goods. Live Hard. Sell Hard. 9/10. Hilarious movie. The whole time my wife kept saying I can't believe im still watching this but finished the whole thing laughing all the way. On Amazon Prime.

• 1Like

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
The Goods. Live Hard. Sell Hard. 9/10. Hilarious movie. The whole time my wife kept saying I can't believe im still watching this but finished the whole thing laughing all the way. On Amazon Prime.

Yeah that's a great movie. Kathryn Hahn was hillarious going after the Rob Riggle character. Probably the best Jeremy Piven movie since PCU.

• 1Like

Szlia

In the Shadow of the Moon : it was in a "the films you missed in 2019" list that had some films I really liked (One Cut of the Dead !). The zero spoiler review is that it starts pretty well and has potential but then it gets increasingly dumber by the minute. Just to elaborate :

So this movie is in part about time travel. It certainly does not change the fact Primer is still the only movie where time travel makes sense - but the price for it is having a story that is basically impossible to understand. But the main problem I have with this film is the sour taste it left in my mouth. Let me explain : a couple decades ago when watching Dragon Ball Z (which aired around here literally a decade before it became a thing in the US for some reason), there is this episode where Trunks arrives from the future to warn Son Goku & co that the world is being devastated by robots. Instead of going immediately to where the robots are being built to crush the skulls of a couple engineers, Son Goku & co decide that they like a good challenge and will train hard during the next decade to be ready for the robots. I remember finding that totally dumb. After seeing In the Shadow of the Moon, I came to realize that the opposite alternative is worse. Here we have someone going in the past to kill people so their ideas, which lead to a deadly civil war, cannot spread. Can you think of something more fascistic than that ? Suddenly, Son Goku sounds like a pillar of morality : you don't travel to the past to kill people for their ideas, you go to the past so that people can hone other ideas and be ready to fight on the dialectic battlefield the rotten ideas that lead to a civil war.

• 1Like

Caliane

Mindgamers on Netflix. 0/10 one of the WORST movies I've ever seen. Horrible editing. completely incoherent story.