Rate Movies You've Recently Watched.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Not sure I'd say I liked it. I appreciated how unapologetically weird the characters and dialogue were, and how it spun the usual tropes into something a bit different. I wouldn't call it a horror movie though. It was closer to parody.

Certainly unique though.
Kind of how I felt about it. I sort of liked it, but I couldn't really tell you why, and thankfully it was pretty short. The hot girl walking around naked for almost the entire movie definitely helped to keep me watching though. I didn't really appreciate her body as much as she deserved at first, but eventually I realized she's superbly built. At least they didn't go the way of most "horror" movies lately where apparently nudity is a bad thing. I mean, don't these people even watch old movies? Titties and horror go together!

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
I need a date night movie for tomorrow. 4th date, she’s coming over, we’re cooking dinner. Then some Netflix and chill, I think is what the kids call it these days?

TBT-TheBigToe

Gemcutter
<Gold Donor>
Bad Lieutenant, SwitchBlade Romance, The Green Inferno, Irreversible, I Spit on Your Grave, and Braindead are all perfect date movies.

• 6Worf
Reactions: 5 users

Izo

Tranny Chaser
giphy.gif

Upgrade. Netflix. Sci-fi. Guy loses wife to murderes, becomes quadriplegic in the attack, gets ic implant, becomes schizephrenic terminator. Has some visual basic gui enhancement moments. Not quite Blade Runner, but interesting movie. Spinal surgeon should’ve sutured intracutaneously when operating on CNS, not use clamps like a pleb hib-surgeon. Solid 7/11 action, recommended.

Last edited:
  • 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
Relic - 9/10

Psychological thriller/horror movie with an interesting theme. Will resonate with anyone that has had to deal with a family member's whose mind deteriorated due to dementia or Alzheimer's etc...and had to deal with the many struggles involved and the guilt that is felt. Takes some unexpected turns and has some very subtle elements that adds a lot of depth.

The RLM guys talked about it on the last half in the bag.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Szlia

I need a date night movie for tomorrow. 4th date, she’s coming over, we’re cooking dinner. Then some Netflix and chill, I think is what the kids call it these days?
Do you have any idea of what she might like ? If you want to go pure mainstream romantic comedy, my pick would be Love Actually. It has 8 stories in parallel, with different tones and types of characters, so there should be something for everyone. The finale is a stand out because it jumps from the conclusion of a story to another so the spectators is moved and happy and sad and laughing all at the same time. It still has a good dose of schmaltz (as one of the review quoted on rotten tomato put it - I checked to see if I was the only one to have fond memories of this film), but if it does not do the trick you can always blame Szlia from the internet.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Do you have any idea of what she might like ? If you want to go pure mainstream romantic comedy, my pick would be Love Actually. It has 8 stories in parallel, with different tones and types of characters, so there should be something for everyone. The finale is a stand out because it jumps from the conclusion of a story to another so the spectators is moved and happy and sad and laughing all at the same time. It still has a good dose of schmaltz (as one of the review quoted on rotten tomato put it - I checked to see if I was the only one to have fond memories of this film), but if it does not do the trick you can always blame Szlia from the internet.

Good question! Don’t think I ever even saw that film. Was never in to romcoms. She is pretty “girly” and might be down for that. Was leaning towards a comedy anyways.

Slaanesh69

Millie's Staff Member
giphy.gif

Looper. I don’t even.
My HBO has the edition with tits on the prostitute. But they’re A-cups. Okay action. Story sucks. Kid Hitler is terrible, no way he’s going to grow up normal. So many dumb plot holes. Why in would they send back the older self to get waxed by themselves? Holy shit that’s idiotic. What a load of bs this was. Was almost a 6/10 for tits, but minus 1 for a shitty ending, 5/10. Give me back my 2h.

I have to admit that I actually liked this movie. I didn't put too much thought into the flaws of all the time travel stuff, because who the fuck knows, but Levitt was great (and I am not generally a fan), Emily was delicious, and I thought the ending "And the path was a circle, round and round. So I changed it. BOOM" was pretty cool.

There are a couple of movies I have soft spots for - Constantine and this one are two of them.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
We went with Long Shot. It was pretty standard fare Seth Rogen. Had some laugh at loud parts and cheesy romance, was a little long at just over 2 hrs, but enjoyable.

• 1Barf
Reactions: 1 user

Ridas

Pay to play forum
Finally watched The Clovehitch Killer. Very well done movie about a teenage boy suspecting that his loving dad might be a serial killer.
Great actor, no stupid tropes, very toned downed. 8/10

• 1Like

Izo

Tranny Chaser
rsz_jv_06781_r-e1475758872729.jpg

Siege of Jadotville. Netflix. UN, 1961, Africa, Irish under siege by joggers. Some niece footage, pew pew pew, white men good, joggers bad, politicians bad. Honor and grit. For the greater good. True Story. Not quite black hawk down, but decent. 7/11.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Relic - 9/10

Psychological thriller/horror movie with an interesting theme. Will resonate with anyone that has had to deal with a family member's whose mind deteriorated due to dementia or Alzheimer's etc...and had to deal with the many struggles involved and the guilt that is felt. Takes some unexpected turns and has some very subtle elements that adds a lot of depth.

The RLM guys talked about it on the last half in the bag.

At first I was like.. WTF movie did you watch? lol

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Watched a movie called Mortal this weekend. Pretty weird, but interesting and I enjoyed watching it. Hard to talk about too much without giving stuff away (although just reading the official description gives away too much I feel). An American guy is alone out in the woods of Norway and has weird shit happen around/to him that he can't control, like water flowing in weird ways, shit catching on fire, electricity/storms, etc. Ends up getting arrested and a Norwegian chick psychologist is called in to try to talk to him before the people from the American embassy come take him away.

Dude speaks English, as do most of the people when talking directly to him, but most everyone else speaks Norwegian and it is subtitled. Didn't bother me one bit with how that was done. One thing that I enjoyed was that the "head" of the American people would almost universally have been an "old white guy" lately. Yet in this one it was a brown chick being the asshole, so that was nice.

Some descriptions were calling it the "Norwegian Chronicle." I mean, I guess that's sort of close, but that's kind of stretching it. Still, that gives you a bit of an idea. I enjoyed it well enough. 6/10, with nothing wrong with it, just nothing to really elevate it either. Worth a watch, but don't expect to be blown away.

Locnar

<Bronze Donator>
Haunt on Shudder. Was entertaining and I am kind of picky when it comes to my Horror.

Also on Shudder and even better: Host , this one legitimately scared me.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
I just rewatched city slickers out of boredom and noticed Jake Gyllenhaal was Billy Crystal's son. Mind was blown. Also, City Slickers isnt as funny as I remember

Izo

Tranny Chaser
9e7436547dab20c3443e6500679d697e5b960d46.gifv

47 Ronin, remake of the one from 1941, but with magic and shit. Honor, suicide, glory and witchcraft. Mostly watched it to gear up for GoS. Not a bad watch, Neo does a fine job, not too weird. Solid 7/11.

Last edited:

spronk

FPS noob

i keep a list of date night movies in my pocket in case i do something my wife considers retarded - happens on the regular tbh, like a month ago I accidentally broke our washing machine when I put in dishwashing soap which flooded the room.

my only rules are that it can't be excruciating for me to watch (The Notebook) and it can't really have lots of violence, children/animals getting hurt, etc since my wife won't go for that

Palm Springs (Groundhog day romcom, not too bad and new on hulu)
500 Days of Summer (young love)
No Strings Attached - standard rom-com that emphasizes sex is cool
Amelie - excellent french rom-com
About Time - dunno havent watched yet but heard its good
The Vow, Set It Up, Crazy Stupid Love, The Favorite - above
Clueless, Mean Girls, Princess Bride, Legally Blonde, Pride and Prejudice, Love Actually - every woman loves these its like their Mad Max or John Wick