Rate Movies You've Recently Watched.

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Fatal attraction. God Damn some of the scenes in it are eerie. As someone who was in a relationship with a woman who had bpd they really nailed how batshit such a woman can be. Also found out where the bunny boiler reference came from.

• 2Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Fucker

Log Wizard
Fatal attraction. God Damn some of the scenes in it are eerie. As someone who was in a relationship with a woman who had bpd they really nailed how batshit such a woman can be. Also found out where the bunny boiler reference came from.
Glenn Close was perfectly cast in that film.

Makes me appreciative that I missed all the crazy boats floating around out there.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Big Phoenix

<Gold Donor>
Glenn Close was perfectly cast in that film.

Makes me appreciative that I missed all the crazy boats floating around out there.
Lucky man. Having to witness a hysterical woman go through the motions of suicide is not fun.

Also watched Glenn Gary Glenn Ross. Watching older stuff really makes you see how much more modern stuff is merely a derivative. Pretty clear Gil from the Simpsons was based off shelly.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Rewatched The Martian last night. It wasn't nearly as good as I remembered. Over time book information and movie information got jumbled up in my head. There was a ton of science stuff and inner monologue stuff that I remembered but apparently was only in the book and not the movie and then vice versa. Like my memory was a better combined version of both sources. Anyways, it isn't the the movie was bad, just not exactly what I remembered. This all came up b/c I'm finishing up Hail Mary so wanted to revisit The Martian.

Fucker

Log Wizard
Also watched Glenn Gary Glenn Ross. Watching older stuff really makes you see how much more modern stuff is merely a derivative. Pretty clear Gil from the Simpsons was based off shelly.
Kind of amazing we don't get solid films like we used to. How many good movies have been put out this year? Last year? 2-3 total maybe? Used to be almost all movies were watchable, even the mediocre movies at least tried. All we get are remakes, reboots, capeshit, and the ever present washed up actress trying to John Wick herself.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like

Edaw

Parody
<Gold Donor>
Kind of amazing we don't get solid films like we used to. How many good movies have been put out this year? Last year? 2-3 total maybe? Used to be almost all movies were watchable, even the mediocre movies at least tried. All we get are remakes, reboots, capeshit, and the ever present washed up actress trying to John Wick herself.

Screenshot 2021-08-25 at 01-59-01 everything-woke-turns-to-shit-shirt-donald-trump-president-s...png

• 2Like

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
It reminded me of Castle where we are supposed to believe some nobody reporter has "total access" to a seriel killer case and literally ends up within 10' of the killer 3 or times.
That doesn't sound like any of the serial killer episodes from Castle that I remember. Not that the show didn't require plenty of suspension of disbelief.

Last edited:

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
That doesn't sound like any of the serial killer episodes from Castle that I remember. Not that the show didn't require plenty of suspension of disbelief.
I wasnt being specific to serial killer episodes but Castle being involved in all aspects of cases.

Big Phoenix

<Gold Donor>
How many good movies have been put out this year?
Pretty much the main reason ive been watching older stuff. At best you get well put together popcorn flicks(MCU movies being the paradigm of this). Only movie ive been looking forward to at all is Dune but I do not have high hopes for that at all.

Also watched Mulholland Drive. 2 1/2 hours of Lynch sniffing his own farts and dropping acid.

Guurn

<Bronze Donator>

7.5/10

I really enjoyed this. It's basically one step better than an art movie project but I found most of it amusing. It's not lol, more like smirking a lot.

No actual nudity, no real violence, just a funny little story.

Grab a big ol whiskey or beer and enjoy it.

Big Phoenix

<Gold Donor>
First time watching Mulholland Drive was something else.
Not for me. Movie seemed trippy for the sake of being trippy. Was this a lesbian love story or was it one about jealous friends? Or was it just a fever dream of some washed up junky? Who knows.

Watched Toy Story 4 then rewatched the other 3. Classic movies but there is a massive shift in tone from the first to the other three. First movie has Potato Head calling the skinky dog a kiss ass, a sadistic kid torturing and destroying toys, Bo inviting Woody over to bang then sexually assaulting him at the end. Flash forward to 4 and Bo and Woody dont even kiss even though theyre supposed to be in love. Also they went a little too far making Woody into a panicky fool in 4. It wasnt enough for Bo to be super competent and capable, they had to dumb down Woody to elevate her.

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Oblivion - Never saw it in theaters. Decent Sci-fi. The reveals weren't super complex. Compared to the shit currently available, it was enjoyable. 7/10.

Only Lovers Left Alive - Tom Hiddleston and Tilda Swinton. I love me a good vampire story. Cast is rock solid. It isn't for everyone. Its a love story and human (vampire) condition story that hits on themes most vampire stories dont. I am knocking a point off because the sister storyline could have been better. Its not bad at all just not up to the rest of the film. If you like artsy movies with music and zero action its a 9/10

Reminiscence - Hugh Jackman. It was a film noir story with a sci-fi twist that just isn't really good. I wanted to like it because I love film noir. Fucking Thandie Newton is just shit as an actress and I can't figure out who she blows to keep getting roles now that Harvey is in jail. There were elements that could have been put together to make a really good movie. Removing Thandie Newton's character would help. Her character has no real purpose and the one or two times she is integral a minor character could have subbed in to those scenes. It is pretty though and I will add a point for seeing Miami underwater (since I was born there). 4.5/10

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Fucker

Log Wizard
Oblivion - Never saw it in theaters. Decent Sci-fi. The reveals weren't super complex. Compared to the shit currently available, it was enjoyable. 7/10.

Only Lovers Left Alive - Tom Hiddleston and Tilda Swinton. I love me a good vampire story. Cast is rock solid. It isn't for everyone. Its a love story and human (vampire) condition story that hits on themes most vampire stories dont. I am knocking a point off because the sister storyline could have been better. Its not bad at all just not up to the rest of the film. If you like artsy movies with music and zero action its a 9/10

Reminiscence - Hugh Jackman. It was a film noir story with a sci-fi twist that just isn't really good. I wanted to like it because I love film noir. Fucking Thandie Newton is just shit as an actress and I can't figure out who she blows to keep getting roles now that Harvey is in jail. There were elements that could have been put together to make a really good movie. Removing Thandie Newton's character would help. Her character has no real purpose and the one or two times she is integral a minor character could have subbed in to those scenes. It is pretty though and I will add a point for seeing Miami underwater (since I was born there). 4.5/10
Best part of Oblivion were the drones. Those things conveyed menace pretty damned well.

Watching Unforgiven. Schofield Kid did a pretty good job. Haven't seen this in a long time, and it has aged well.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Best part of Oblivion were the drones. Those things conveyed menace pretty damned well.

Watching Unforgiven. Schofield Kid did a pretty good job. Haven't seen this in a long time, and it has aged well.
Unforgiven is top shelf.

• 3Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

Fucker

Log Wizard
Volunteers. Tom Hanks. John Candy. I never heard of it. Standard comedy of that era...but, John Candy!

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
The 13th Warrior. Still awesome. Well worth watching if you have never seen it.

Buliwyf: 'Lo, there do I see my father. 'Lo, there do I see--
Herger the Joyous: --my mother, and my sisters...
Buliwyf: and my brothers.
Herger the Joyous: 'Lo, there do I see the line--
Edgtho the Silent: --of my people, back to the beginning.
Weath the Musician: 'Lo, they do call to me.
Ahmed Ibn Fahdlan: They bid me take my place among them.
Buliwyf: In the halls of Valhalla...
Ahmed Ibn Fahdlan: Where the brave...
Herger the Joyous: May live...
Ahmed Ibn Fahdlan: ...forever.

• 4Solidarity
  • 2Like
Reactions: 5 users

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
The 13th Warrior. Still awesome. Well worth watching if you have never seen it.

Buliwyf: 'Lo, there do I see my father. 'Lo, there do I see--
Herger the Joyous: --my mother, and my sisters...
Buliwyf: and my brothers.
Herger the Joyous: 'Lo, there do I see the line--
Edgtho the Silent: --of my people, back to the beginning.
Weath the Musician: 'Lo, they do call to me.
Ahmed Ibn Fahdlan: They bid me take my place among them.
Buliwyf: In the halls of Valhalla...
Ahmed Ibn Fahdlan: Where the brave...
Herger the Joyous: May live...
Ahmed Ibn Fahdlan: ...forever.
It's the wurm!! THE FIRE WURM!!!!

Such an underrated movie that most people never saw.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users