Rate Movies You've Recently Watched.

Fucker

Log Wizard
IMO premise behind that movie was "hey how can we string together some notable scenes from the anime into a movie?".
I couldn't figure out what the movie was about. Well, I could have, but it wasn't worth the effort. Horrible, 0 effort movie.

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Jungle Cruise on Disney +
2/10 - Lord this was bad. I gave it a 2 instead of a 1 because the background scenario (filmed in Hawaii I think) was pretty.

Bright on Amazon
8/10 - Rewatched this last night and its actually better on a second viewing I think. I spent more time looking at the little bits of story in the background like the graffiti and shit. The big failing for the film is the end fight with Will Smith being a Bright. It just seems like lazy writing. Beyond that, I enjoyed it more on watch number two.

• 2Like
  • 1Great Review
Reactions: 2 users

yersinia

Lord Nagafen Raider
Personally i prefer the old silents with live organ accompaniment. They go about twice a month in SLC

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Rewatching Lord of the Rings retarded long 12 hour+ edition over Thanksgiving weekend and goddamn does it still hold up well. What an awesome fucking series of movies.

• 8Like
  • 3Solidarity
Reactions: 10 users

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Rewatching Lord of the Rings retarded long 12 hour+ edition over Thanksgiving weekend and goddamn does it still hold up well. What an awesome fucking series of movies.
It's so good. I think Theodan is my favorite character in the movies. He has a full character arc and his flaws and over coming them really makes him relatable. I like Boromir for the same reason.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
It's so good. I think Theodan is my favorite character in the movies. He has a full character arc and his flaws and over coming them really makes him relatable. I like Boromir for the same reason.
They watered him down quite a bit but at least he didn't get the Faramir treatment.

• 1Like

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Not sure if this is a movie. It's 2 parts about 2.5 hours each. It's the documentary Get Back on Disney+ (about the Beatles).

It uses footage shot over a couple of weeks in 1969 with the band prepping for their first live show in a couple of years.

It's long, it can drag because it's really just the band sitting and making up new music for this show on the fly. On the other hand, watching these guys just create some of their biggest hits out of thin air is amazing. They had 2 weeks before the show to create, practice and be ready to play 14 new songs on live TV in front of an audience.

If you like the Beatles or music in general, it's a pretty amazing look behind the scenes. These four guys sit and create music without arguing, bitching, yelling at each other etc. You can see they really were true friends at this point. Right up to the point where George says fuck you guys, I'm out.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Guurn

<Bronze Donator>
Pig -7.5.
A story about a truffle hunter whose pig gets stolen.

Even though it's a Nick Cage movie it has great acting and the dialogue is really well written. It's also shot well. This could have been a 9 if the story wasn't inane. The pacing was also pretty slow at times and some key elements were unexplained. No nudity.

• 2Like

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Pig -7.5.

Even though it's a Nick Cage movie it has great acting and the dialogue is really well written. It's also shot well. This could have been a 9 if the story wasn't inane. The pacing was also pretty slow at times and some key elements were unexplained. No nudity.

Completely thought your were giving this a -7.5 rating. There’s some bad Nic Cage but that’s harsh! Hah. Will have to check this out.

• 1Like

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>

For some reason I kept wanting Eomer to say Diabolical.

qc7uajrsmw371.jpg

• 1Worf

Goatface

Not sure if this is a movie. It's 2 parts about 2.5 hours each. It's the documentary Get Back on Disney+ (about the Beatles).

It uses footage shot over a couple of weeks in 1969 with the band prepping for their first live show in a couple of years.

It's long, it can drag because it's really just the band sitting and making up new music for this show on the fly. On the other hand, watching these guys just create some of their biggest hits out of thin air is amazing. They had 2 weeks before the show to create, practice and be ready to play 14 new songs on live TV in front of an audience.

If you like the Beatles or music in general, it's a pretty amazing look behind the scenes. These four guys sit and create music without arguing, bitching, yelling at each other etc. You can see they really were true friends at this point. Right up to the point where George says fuck you guys, I'm out.
it is 3 parts, 1 a day over last 3 days
never really into the beatles, but put it on plex for a friend. while looking at the different rips, found there is also a 92 hour audio bootleg of the recording session

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
it is 3 parts, 1 a day over last 3 days
never really into the beatles, but put it on plex for a friend. while looking at the different rips, found there is also a 92 hour audio bootleg of the recording session
As I said Im not a big Beatles fan personally but watching McCartney and to a slightly lesser extent Lennon just make up on the fly what would be huge hits and was mind blowing. They literally just put together some riffs and mumble and once they have the music they figure out words to fit it. Crazy.

• 1Like

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Pig -7.5.

That movie ended on a dumb note for me. For everything Cage went through it seemed anticlimactic or even dumb to just accept the thiefs word that the pig died during the theft.

• 2Like

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
That movie ended on a dumb note for me. For everything Cage went through it seemed anticlimactic or even dumb to just accept the thiefs word that the pig died during the theft.
I got the impression he was planning to kill himself.