Relocating from Philly to Denver

Wake Up Man
<Banned>
We Philadelphians are a contentious people for sure.

Second week here I almost fought some Californian driver because he honked at me for turning left at an intersection.

Like a good neighbor, a_skeleton_02 is stalking youuuuuuu. Seriously, stop sending my IP to DOS groups. Asshat.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Denver has dope breakfast places. Hit up Sassafras. It's a must when I'm in town. A lot of the breweries have respectable food too, but not exceptional.

TheBeagle

JunkiesNetwork Donor
Bruh. You're still looking UP at powerlines. This is what it looks like when you climb a mountain in CO.
IMG_20170818_124507.jpg

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Sludig

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I really want to try pikes peak on my supersport this summer. Though I am assuming lots of cops.

Fifey

Trakanon Raider
We Philadelphians are a contentious people for sure.

Second week here I almost fought some Californian driver because he honked at me for turning left at an intersection.
Knowing Philly drivers, its probably because you were turning from the right lane.

• 2Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

TheBeagle

JunkiesNetwork Donor
Didn't know that place existed, But now i'm obessed with going. I just put new rotors/pads on my little 4c mazda I wonder if I can go up/down it ok.
Sounds like it's the only way you're ever going to get to a real summit. Pike's Peak is a legit 14'er, all the other ones you have to get up the hard way. You know how to downshift/drive in low gear so you don't melt your brake pads right?

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
Didn't know that place existed, But now i'm obessed with going. I just put new rotors/pads on my little 4c mazda I wonder if I can go up/down it ok.

Make sure you go up to RMNP in the early spring and they open the old trail ridge road across the continental divide. Really great drive and lazy people from Philly don't even have to get out of their cars

a_skeleton_02

<Banned>
Sounds like it's the only way you're ever going to get to a real summit. Pike's Peak is a legit 14'er, all the other ones you have to get up the hard way. You know how to downshift/drive in low gear so you don't melt your brake pads right?

Yeah I drive a stick shift mostly it's just a 4 cylinder sedan.

Screamfeeder

The Dirtbag
<Banned>
Yeah I drive a stick shift mostly it's just a 4 cylinder sedan.
And after you do the touristy Pikes Peak thing, do Mt. Evans. It's closer to you, a bit higher and a lot less traveled. I used to do a motorcycle tour from Santa Fe up the San Luis Valley on the 285 to the 9 and cut over on the 70, hit up Evans and then a blast down the 25 back home. Some crazy roads out there.

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
slight thread hi-jacking... but in a month or so, work is sending me to denver for a week for some paid training. any places to check out? any must eat at restaurants? etc?
What kind of food do you like? I can put together a list of a few places that are good to great.

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
What kind of food do you like? I can put together a list of a few places that are good to great.
awesome, thanks. i'm a meat and potatoes guy. i don't like pretentious food, if that makes sense. i'm not big into mexican or seafood, or really anything spicy. i like thai and indian (again, as long as they aren't spicy).

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
Buckhorn Exchange - Steak and a lot of other meats to enjoy
Hoongs Palace - Excellent chinese food
Red Dragon - Also good Chinese
Piccolo's - Good italian food
New York Deli - Great sandwiches and other food

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Arden

Blackwing Lair Raider