Relocating from Philly to Denver

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

uncognito

Trakanon Raider
after eating at one of those find establishments I suggest you end your night at nob hill inn and romantix

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
after eating at one of those find establishments I suggest you end your night at nob hill inn and romantix

This place is awesome. Went there on a Friday morning while waiting for a table at Sassafras and I couldn't believe how many people were there at like 10am.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Old bump.

Now that I see this post again (trying to find another post about relocating), I forget who "a_skeleton_02" used to be. Oh well.

My wife and I are now thinking about moving yet again. We went from Philly to Hawaii a little over 4 1/2 years ago. We're debating on doing another big move, this time way back to the east coast and settling down in the Orlando area. Mainly for Disney and shit like that while the kids are still young. Plus, there are much better opportunities for the kids not in Hawaii. We still absolutely love it here, but we're thinking about them. Then, when they get a little older (Daughter is currently 9, son is 3), we'll relocate yet again. But that way they can REALLY enjoy Disney in their youth. It's something that we both wish we could have done, so let's live vicariously through them instead.

Who really knows what the future holds, but this might be a lot of fun. We moved out to Hawaii just to challenge ourselves and live in paradise. We still LOVE living here, but think there might be some better choices elsewhere. We're very comfortable here, but we stopped adventuring. Honestly, we haven't even visited the other islands yet, so that's something we still want to do before we really get into the idea of moving to Disney. We're both comfortable with our careers. Not setting the world on fire, but comfortable. I'm in mid-level management at Sam's Club, and she's a nurse. We'll both be able to easily transition to anywhere else in the country, so why not give long-distance relocating another try? Additionally, the Airline her parents are exclusive to in Japan, fly to Houston TX as a direct flight, and that's a quick 2 1/2 hour connecting flight to Orlando. Plus, for my parents, the flight from Philly/Newark to Orlando is a MUCH closer and cheaper alternative than flying out to Honolulu to come see the grandkids.

Sludig

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Old bump.

Now that I see this post again (trying to find another post about relocating), I forget who "a_skeleton_02" used to be. Oh well.

My wife and I are now thinking about moving yet again. We went from Philly to Hawaii a little over 4 1/2 years ago. We're debating on doing another big move, this time way back to the east coast and settling down in the Orlando area. Mainly for Disney and shit like that while the kids are still young. Plus, there are much better opportunities for the kids not in Hawaii. We still absolutely love it here, but we're thinking about them. Then, when they get a little older (Daughter is currently 9, son is 3), we'll relocate yet again. But that way they can REALLY enjoy Disney in their youth. It's something that we both wish we could have done, so let's live vicariously through them instead.

Who really knows what the future holds, but this might be a lot of fun. We moved out to Hawaii just to challenge ourselves and live in paradise. We still LOVE living here, but think there might be some better choices elsewhere. We're very comfortable here, but we stopped adventuring. Honestly, we haven't even visited the other islands yet, so that's something we still want to do before we really get into the idea of moving to Disney. We're both comfortable with our careers. Not setting the world on fire, but comfortable. I'm in mid-level management at Sam's Club, and she's a nurse. We'll both be able to easily transition to anywhere else in the country, so why not give long-distance relocating another try? Additionally, the Airline her parents are exclusive to in Japan, fly to Houston TX as a direct flight, and that's a quick 2 1/2 hour connecting flight to Orlando. Plus, for my parents, the flight from Philly/Newark to Orlando is a MUCH closer and cheaper alternative than flying out to Honolulu to come see the grandkids.
Tiggles iirc

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
Old bump.

If I were your 9 year old and you were planning to move twice more before I left for college, I would be incredibly pissed at you. Yeah, you can always find "better opportunities" when you look elsewhere. Know what you can't find? A feeling of belonging somewhere, long-term friendships and relationships. Lived 5 years in Hawaii. Lived 4 years in Florida. Lived another 4 years in ???. Where do you go home to see people? You and your wife will probably move again, and your kids won't have any reason to come back to wherever you're living next.

Stay in Hawaii. There's lot's to do there. There are plenty of opportunities for your kids, and they'll feel like they have an awesome, solid home base to come back to whenever they want.

But that's just my $0.02.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
Moving because of Disney World? Isn't there someplace in Hawaii where you can eat a churro while standing in line for 2 hours for a 4 minute ride?

• 1Worf
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Honestly, we haven't even visited the other islands yet, so that's something we still want to do before we really get into the idea of moving to Disney.

You've lived there for almost five years and you haven't even visited the other islands?

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Bingo. You get too involved with life, and don't have a chance to take trips. In 4 1/2 years here, I've only been off the island once, and it was to purchase my Pacifica in Detroit, before shipping it out here.
So now we're going to focus on taking mini vacations to the neighboring islands, but only 3-days at a time.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Bingo. You get too involved with life, and don't have a chance to take trips. In 4 1/2 years here, I've only been off the island once, and it was to purchase my Pacifica in Detroit, before shipping it out here.
So now we're going to focus on taking mini vacations to the neighboring islands, but only 3-days at a time.

Damn dude. Kauai would have been my #1 priority after getting settled in.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Damn dude. Kauai would have been my #1 priority after getting settled in.
We're trying to make trips now, but bullshit covid restrictions aren't helping at all. Unless there's a way around them, which I would absolutely jump on.