Remnant: From the Ashes

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
So, those of you who have finished the game and farmed a lot, what would you say is the best melee weapon? I've been using Riven since I got it--power attack spam is pretty handy with the added bonus of it leeching health. Heard good things about Singe's sword too but I have no idea how I'm ever going to cut off his tail playing solo.
I haven't done it, because I didn't know about alternate kills... BUT my friend and I, we've been making pretty heavy use of the root decoy mod. It builds pretty quickly and lasts for several seconds. It's also indestructible and works on bosses. I used it on singe just to see if it worked and it definitely took several fireballs. That'd be my guess on how to get his tail

Jorren

Maximum Derek
<Bronze Donator>
Singe's sword is the shit! I do not mess around with melee much though, so not sure if there I better.

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
Me and my buddy been playing this largely co-op splitting between our two worlds back and forth. Anyway we had a horrible bitch of a time with Ent to the point where we were doing raid-boss type tweaking and calling out 'mortar mortar!' over party chat etc.

Was such a rush to win though and with the bonus heart.

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
Me and my buddy been playing this largely co-op splitting between our two worlds back and forth. Anyway we had a horrible bitch of a time with Ent to the point where we were doing raid-boss type tweaking and calling out 'mortar mortar!' over party chat etc.

Was such a rush to win though and with the bonus heart.

That is the worst fight in the game. If you didn't dump any points into stamina you can't out Dodge the hits.

Second worst is the twins.

Last edited:

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
If you're wearing light armor you can just outrun the mortars and not need to dodge roll at all. I never had any problem with the mortars, it was always the adds (or the roar that calls them) that would eventually get me. Finally said fuck it and just shot off his legs, which turned out to be the right idea anyway since the melee weapon lasted me until I got Riven and the gun from killing him normally is just crap.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
This is a great little game. Definitely rough around the edges but I fully support From software taking this concept and running wild with it. Please!

Doubt

Lord Nagafen Raider
Beam rifle has a nice bug for bosses. When firing the gun, if you press F to use ability, and it's not charged, the gun will drop it's whole magazine on your target in like a tenth of a second. Totem Father took about 15 seconds, constantly reloading only thing that slows you down. Not sure if it's been patched, still playing release version.

Hekotat

Beam rifle is probably the best all around weapon in the game, add wildfire perk to it and you can blow shit up.

j00t

Beam rifle is probably the best all around weapon in the game, add wildfire perk to it and you can blow shit up.

i've been using the particle accelerator mostly... i put some points into crit chance and the black hole started critting

Hekotat

i've been using the particle accelerator mostly... i put some points into crit chance and the black hole started critting

My problem with that gun is the crosshairs is off from where the bullet actually goes, same with the hive pistol. Makes me miss half my shots when I switch to it.

Vorph

Beam rifle is probably the best all around weapon in the game, add wildfire Swarm mod to it and you can blow shit up.
FTFY

How to break the game:
remnant.png
I'd probably use Defiler instead of the Magnum/Hunting Pistol/SMG, but I screwed up and took Harrow's shitty spear the first time, and now the fucker refuses to spawn again. Like 7 Clavigers in a row now, it's infuriating.

My problem with that gun is the crosshairs is off from where the bullet actually goes, same with the hive pistol. Makes me miss half my shots when I switch to it.
Yep, that gun is unusable unless you just never use the scope.

Hekotat

FTFY

How to break the game:
I'd probably use Defiler instead of the Magnum/Hunting Pistol/SMG, but I screwed up and took Harrow's shitty spear the first time, and now the fucker refuses to spawn again. Like 7 Clavigers in a row now, it's infuriating.

Bro, have you tried wildfire with the beam rifle? You hit them with five stacks and the damage from wildfire alone gives you two more. It also does the most DoT damage per tick that I have seen.

I need to play around with more builds, I got trigger happy and the + crit ring now.

j00t

FTFY

How to break the game:

i guess i never really noticed since we're a pretty run and gun group. i don't zoom in because it removes any peripheral vision and it doesn't seem to effect any accuracy. with the cultist's gear, i have the black hole up every few headshots

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Fastest Mod gen I've seen has been with Arcane Hit(?) trait with melee, and it does both weapons at once.

Vorph

Bro, have you tried wildfire with the beam rifle? You hit them with five stacks and the damage from wildfire alone gives you two more. It also does the most DoT damage per tick that I have seen.
The issue I have with Wildfire is you're shooting it instead of your beam rifle. With Swarm it's just fire and forget. The balls home in on what I'm fighting, apply corrosion, and the DoT itself is 5 balls each doing 22.5 a tick (lots of crits for 45 too). That said, the DoT really doesn't matter all that much when you're focusing the beam on something and all of a sudden it takes an 8k ring proc.

I could see Wildfire for a Radiant armor build, but I never got that shit to spawn so I could try it out. I think Swarm and Breath of the Desert are king for Bandit armor + Beam rifle though.

Sludig

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Playing keyboard vs gamepad? Not liking the PC port feeling. X to swap weapons is odd and melee being instant not something to swap too getting some used to. Accidentally drank my root resistance potion trying to swap weapons as soon as I went out into the world.

Pemulis

Not Woke
<Bronze Donator>
Playing keyboard vs gamepad? Not liking the PC port feeling. X to swap weapons is odd and melee being instant not something to swap too getting some used to. Accidentally drank my root resistance potion trying to swap weapons as soon as I went out into the world.
just bump the mouse wheel up or down to switch weapons

Hekotat

Change keybinds to Q like in CS or other FPS games. Once I got used to it it wasn't that bad, I have drank over 45 healing potions teaching my self not to hit the number 2. If I got play another FPS game I get right back into the habit though.

Vorph

Mouse acceleration / smoothing is horrible like always on UE4 default. Too lazy to fix it in ini files, so I've played it 100% gamepad with no issues at all.

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
Is there a list of minimum levels for the different zones? I saw a post that said the World Boss for Earth was minimum 5 for example.