Rerolled Hearthstone Tournament #4 Sign Ups!

Mures

Blackwing Lair Raider
How are we handling new cards? I mean we haven't submitted decklists or anything, but stuff like my Warrior is changing from Naxx and I'd like to not have to change it back before every match. I'm assuming we're just letting people change things since long time etc
uh no, you shouldn't be changing your decks, that's pretty against the rules.
Good question because I don't think it is in the rules. In the past we've done no card swapping, but that was when it was smaller and done in one night. I like the idea of having 4 different classes and banning 1, decklists aren't so important then and its more about counter picking. So going forward I wouldn't mind one way or the other, but for this tournament I guess use the honor system and keep decklists the same throughout since it wasn't made perfectly clear.

Arch

Lord Nagafen Raider
That's kind of what I thought (no swapping), I imagine the next tourney we do will be after Naxx so there won't be any new cards coming in and this won't be nearly as much of an issue.

Mures

Blackwing Lair Raider
Yeah, cards being released in the middle of the tournament make it more of a special case. Having new cards played in a later series that wasn't even available when the tournament started and matches already played doesn't seem right.

Edit - And really it wouldn't be so much an issue if you could just make more than 9 effing decks. Seriously why haven't they started just selling extra deck slots? I'd happily pay $10 for another 9 slots.

bixxby

Molten Core Raider
Sent you a friend request Bixxby, hopefully catch you on tomorrow night, not sure I'll be back on tonight. If a certain time works for you let me know and I'll see if I can be on.
Usually get on around 530 or 6 est

The Master

Bronze Squire
How are we handling new cards? I mean we haven't submitted decklists or anything, but stuff like my Warrior is changing from Naxx and I'd like to not have to change it back before every match. I'm assuming we're just letting people change things since long time etc
Deck lists have always been on the honor system to not change them. One of the complications of the spread out matches, but the community voted for it.

This is kind of a special case with Naxx releasing new cards mid-tournament. It won't normally be an issue.

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
There is no gain from forcing people to use the same decks without new cards when the tournament is going over weeks when new cards are being released.

1) There is no prize.
2) You don't know your opponents decks anyways
3) It's far more annoying to say use the same cards

It's one thing if it is done in one night, it's another when it's over weeks time.

Quite frankly, I'd rather just drop then have to figure out what I've changed in my decks every time I can actually find someone to play a match.

The Master

Bronze Squire
Well, that can be your decision. Since it has been brought up as a point of contention I'll make a poll for the next tournament asking if people want to be allowed to switch cards between matches. I don't think that is a good idea, because it isn't just a few cards. You could switch back and forth between Handlock and Zoo and still be inside the rules if card switching is allowed. Depending on what classes your opponent is playing, that could be a huge advantage.

But it isn't that difficult to take a screenshot of your deck and rebuild it for your matches. If other people feel this is a genuine issue with the spread out format, we can go back to the tournament being done over just a couple of hours.

AngryGerbil

Poet Warrior
<Donor>
Well, that can be your decision. Since it has been brought up as a point of contention I'll make a poll for the next tournament asking if people want to be allowed to switch cards between matches. I don't think that is a good idea, because it isn't just a few cards. You could switch back and forth between Handlock and Zoo and still be inside the rules if card switching is allowed. Depending on what classes your opponent is playing, that could be a huge advantage.

But it isn't that difficult to take a screenshot of your deck and rebuild it for your matches. If other people feel this is a genuine issue with the spread out format, we can go back to the tournament being done over just a couple of hours.
I want to agree with slippery but instead I agree with this.

A couple of my tournament class decks have morphed because of Naxx but it ain't no thing to switch them back before my match in this particular tournament. I think that's only fair. Decklists aren't supposed to change in the middle of card tournaments for a fundamental reason.

This trickling nature of the release of these cards, happening over a drawn-out tournament like this, is a very unique thing. I think the honor system of using our pre-Naxx deck lists is not too much to ask.

And of course, this can all be solved by just having more damn deck slots...

Frenzic

Lord Nagafen Raider
Switching cards is bullshit. There's only 30 cards to deal with, keep track of them. If you can't do simple things you're going to force everyone to submit screen shots which is going to piss everyone off. If you don't feel you can comply with the rules then step aside and let the real champ through!
smile.png

Edit- Also all my decks are on twitch so there's that...

Arch

Lord Nagafen Raider
For deck tracking I recommend Hearthstone Tracker, it's a good program to run anyway imo but the deck storing feature is nice. You can simply un-number a deck but keep your screenshot/name for it so you can rebuild as needed.

The Master

Bronze Squire
Akibana/elidib, you two really need to get on your match. I'd like to get this tournament finished this weekend.

littles

Lord Nagafen Raider
Going to stream my match tonight vs mures at about 8:30PM PST, no mic or anything but if anybody wants to watch the link is in my sig (about a 5 min delay).