Rerolled Pen and Paper Gaming Group

Xannder_sl

shitlord
Minor but important distinction, on a raise you add a D6 not an extra strength die (which would be insane on high str characters). The burst also works in the players favor as well. Nothing like carefully putting together a boss to have the first person who whacks it roll 37 damage and the fight is over. Full auto weapons are at a minor disadvantage compared to a normal shot unless you have edges to overcome the -2 modiifer on each shooting roll. However, focus fire can be insane with a bunch of three round burst weapons. I believe Runepunk has double tap pistols? That's not as bad but still a nice thing to have.

moontayle

Golden Squire
Minor but important distinction, on a raise you add a D6 not an extra strength die (which would be insane on high str characters).The burst also works in the players favor as well. Nothing like carefully putting together a boss to have the first person who whacks it roll 37 damage and the fight is over.Full auto weapons are at a minor disadvantage compared to a normal shot unless you have edges to overcome the -2 modiifer on each shooting roll. However, focus fire can be insane with a bunch of three round burst weapons. I believe Runepunk has double tap pistols? That's not as bad but still a nice thing to have.
Did that on my very first session. I had an adventure card that allowed me to interrupt an enemy action with a +4 hit and +4 damage. After all the rolls were said and done I had inflicted 6 wounds. GM blew through his bennies trying to soak but could only get rid of two of them. Made short work of the mooks that were with him after. And that's still not the craziest thing I've heard happen in a SW setting just because of the ability to ace a roll.

Zhaun_sl

shitlord
I was thinking of taking my other spell (after Healing) to be some kind of defense or escape one, but I can't say as I see as one particularly good. I thought about Obscure, but a lot of stuff can see in the dark here, so it didn't seem that handy.

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
So, my birthday is Thursday, and I'll be going to dinner on Friday at around 6:00CST. This will make me late to the game.

Hilariously weird timing, sorry folks. But I still plan to show, likely about an hour late or so. Hopefully you can just drag me along until I do?

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
So, my birthday is Thursday, and I'll be going to dinner on Friday at around 6:00CST. This will make me late to the game.

Hilariously weird timing, sorry folks. But I still plan to show, likely about an hour late or so. Hopefully you can just drag me along until I do?
I carried a guy that had pissed his pants on my shoulder last game, you shouldn't be much worse!

moontayle

Golden Squire
I'm sure Himeo could work out a delayed entry for your character. It's not like we're going to start off with the standard, "You're all sitting in a bar when, all of a sudden..."

Himeo

Vyemm Raider
Happy Birthday Sean! Don't worry about coming late, we'll work you in when you get there.

Xannder_sl

shitlord
Did that on my very first session. I had an adventure card that allowed me to interrupt an enemy action with a +4 hit and +4 damage. After all the rolls were said and done I had inflicted 6 wounds. GM blew through his bennies trying to soak but could only get rid of two of them. Made short work of the mooks that were with him after. And that's still not the craziest thing I've heard happen in a SW setting just because of the ability to ace a roll.
Yea, it makes for some spectacular stories that's for sure. Still, I couldn't go back to D&D or Pathfinder after playing SW but I am looking at Fate.

Zhaun, Armor gives you +2 armor on a success and +4 on a raise. Also Deflection is pretty sweet as well as that grants a negative(-2/-4 iirc) to hit you.

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
My character done - starting on Laura's in a second...

Name: Darius Windowcrack [Suggested surname stuff was a nearby object at birth - not a weirdo, following the lore!]
Race: Ferren Rank: Novice (2 XP)
Attributes:
Agility d10
Smarts d8 (d6 Base only was a 1 pt raise)
Spirit d4
Strength d4
Vigor d6

Skills:
Climbing d6 (Note: +2 Racial Edge, +2 Professional Edge [Not sure if they stack or not?])
Lockpicking d8 (Note: +2 Professional Edge)
Notice d8 (Note: +2 Professional Edge for traps and other "thief" applications of Notice)
Repair d6 (Note: +2 Professional Edge for traps - and initial d6 was free from racial edge)
Stealth d8 (Note: +2 Professional Edge in urban settings)
Shooting d6
Fighting d8

Parry: 6
Toughness: 4 (5 base but -1 Racial Hindrance)
Charisma: -2 (0 base but -2 Hindrance)

Hindrances:
Light Frame - Half total weight allowance (10 instead of 20 for d4 STR - yea, I'm not carrying shit besides basic gear... even just leather is too much weight for me ATM)
Small (the -1T mentioned above)
Enemy of the State (Minor)
Spiraling (Major: -2 Charisma Penalty taken above, also has a daily card check mechanism)
Illiterate (Minor)

Edges:
Claws (STR+1, +2 Climb)
Clever (d6 Smarts base)
Lowlight Vision
d6 Repair base
+2 to checks to break free of grapple and can fit through gaps smaller than my STR
Thief Professional Edge (+2 to a bunch of skills, noted above)

Armor:
None

Weapons:
Claws (x2) STR+d4
Rapier STR+d4 Parry +1 (Not assessed above, above assumes no rapier in use)
Ghost Blade STR+d4 Runic Weapon, AP4
Pitchpit Pistol - 12/24/48 Range - 10 shots - 2d6 damage

Other equipment:
Lockpicks

(Note: Some more edits beyond earlier - just realized I skimped on bonuses for my hindrances for one of the Minors - took 1 Edge + 1 Skill, did nothing for the other Minor Hindrance - taking money and adjusting for that...)

Zhaun_sl

shitlord
Xaander, it may just be our game but I'm playing a FATE game now and after looking forward to it, I find it awful.

I thought about Armor and Deflection but I figured even with a +2 (or +4!) It wouldn't be enough to really keep me alive with a base of 4!
smile.png

Zhaun_sl

shitlord
Vaclav, my maths may be off but do you have a full 5 points of ability score things? I am only counting 4.

Also, not sure if you've been following the last few pages but we were discussing how 1d4 in Stamina and Spirit will likely get you eaten in combat. Especially with a -1 toughness penalty and no armor. Not sure if you were planning on just avoiding combat or not.

Vaclav

Laura's taking her time even selecting a race.... and on a side note... STR + 1 for weapon damage and the like... that's +1 DIE TYPE on the damage, right? So STR +1 with a STR of d4 is d6, correct?

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Laura's taking her time even selecting a race.... and on a side note... STR + 1 for weapon damage and the like... that's +1 DIE TYPE on the damage, right? So STR +1 with a STR of d4 is d6, correct?
No. Zhaun mentioned that earlier I believe, but the +1 = d4 along with whatever your STR die is.

So in your case, you would roll a d4 + d4 for damage.

EDIT for clarity. It was changed to be that, there is nowhere that tells you +1 = d4. They simply changed every single damage value that was "+1" to be "+d4". +2 = d6, +3 = d8, etc.

Vaclav

So a +2 is +d6 then? Or.... this system is counterintuitive many times it seems, likely simple once you've got the fundamentals down but...

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
I clarified a bit in my edit, in case you missed it.

Also, I only count 4 attribute bumps in your character as well, as Zhaun mentioned above. Did you miss one?

Vaclav

Ah, editing to fix - on my handwritten I had a d6 Vigor that I missed copying it by accident I did underspend, but only because of a typo.

And on Spirit, it's intentional - I want to have a weakness to being spooked. I'm a rat being hunted by the law after all.

Vaclav

Laura

Name: Kiyomi Izumi
Race: Human Rank: Novice (2 XP)
Attributes: (Human so +1 Attribute Point available)
Agility d8
Smarts d8
Spirit d4
Strength d6
Vigor d6

Skills:
Healing d6
Knowledge (Chemistry) d8
Concoct d8
Gearcraft d6
Fighting d8
Intimidation d4
Persuasion d4

Parry: 5
Toughness: 5
Charisma: -1 (0 base, -1 for spiraling)

Hindrances:
Spiraling (Minor)
Big Mouth (Minor)
Curious (Major)

Edges: (1 edge for being human - 2 from hindrances)
Arcane Background (Inventor) - Armor and Bolt
Chemist - Boost/Lower Trait
Arcane Companion (Homunculus)

Homunculus
Attributes: Agility d6, Smarts d8, Spirit d6, Strength d4, Vigor d10
Skills: Fighting d6, Notice d6, Knowledge: Chemistry d8
Pace: 6; Parry: 5; Toughness: 5
Gear: As given
Special Abilities:
. Chemical Gland: A Homunculus possesses the ability to use chemistry power known to its creator at the time of its creation. Once selected, it cannot be changed. It has 10 Power Points and is able to convey the effect by touch. Should the Homunculus gain additional chemical glands later in play, the same power or another known by its creator may be selected. Each gland has its own separate Power Points. (Boost/Lower Trait for his current spell)
. Construct: +2 to recover from being Shaken; no additional damage from called shots; piercing attacks do half damage; constructs do not suffer from poison or disease.
. Helper: A Homunculus may aid its creator with any skills it knows.
. Size -2: Homunculi only stand 12" tall and attackers take a -2 to attack rolls.

Power Points: 10

Armor:
Armor (Spell - castable on others) - 2 power points, +2 armor, +4 on raise - Duration 3 (1/rnd)
Leatherjack - TAL - +1 Armor
Medium Shield - +2 Parry, +2 Armor vs. Ranged

Weapons:
Bolt (Spell) - 1 power per missile up to 3 targets, or 2 power for +1d6 damage on a single bolt - 12/24/48 - 3d6 damage
Longsword - STR + d8 damage

Other equipment:
$100