RIP Chris Cornell

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Soundgarden - Blow Up the Outside World just came on my Pandora shuffle... never paid much attention to these lyrics before:

Someone tried to tell me something
Don't let the world bring you down
Nothing will do me in before I do myself
So save it for your own and the ones you can help

Barellron

Trakanon Raider
What an immense talent. I grew up following his career but regret I never got to see him live. When somebody asks me who my favorite singer is, I refer them to Cornell's first solo album Euphoria Mo(u)rning, and this song in particular;

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Synj

Dystopian Dreamer
<Gold Donor>
I loved Nirvana, Pearl Jam, Alice In Chains. Loved them.

STP and Soundgarden were just never my thing. Different strokes. Still sad to see an entire era of talent just gone.

Fuck, you add MJ, George Michael, Prince, Bowie and everyone else that's died recently and my childhood memories are basically all dead. Literally.

From what I've read though, it just doesn't fit. I'm almost hoping it was just an accidental jerk off session.

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>

I tried to watch Pearl Jam get inducted to the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame this spring and had to turn it off as soon as Eddie got the mic and immediately started preaching about how America needs to get our shit together. They made some great music but fuck that self-righteous douche bag.

• 1Solidarity

BrutulTM

<Silver Donator>
Chris Cornell's Wife Issues Statement, Blames Medication for Suicide

Pasich added that side effects of Ativan include "paranoid or suicidal thoughts, slurred speech and impaired judgment"; Vicky Cornell noted her husband's slurred speech following the Detroit concert in her statement.

Benzos + Opiates = death. Chances are he was back on the Oxy and then mixed in the Ativan and there you go. Happens all the fucking time. Doctors are starting to figure out that you can't just hand out pills to addicts but celebrities can get doctors that will give them whatever they want.

• 1Solidarity

Synj

Dystopian Dreamer
<Gold Donor>
Benzos + Opiates = death. Chances are he was back on the Oxy and then mixed in the Ativan and there you go. Happens all the fucking time. Doctors are starting to figure out that you can't just hand out pills to addicts but celebrities can get doctors that will give them whatever they want.

Ya but didn't he hang himself?

Benzo + Oxy would cause CNS depression and ultimately respiratory failure but doesn't sound like what happened here?

EDIT: Benzos can cause suicidal ideation however, so there's that.

Synj

Dystopian Dreamer
<Gold Donor>
I tried to watch Pearl Jam get inducted to the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame this spring and had to turn it off as soon as Eddie got the mic and immediately started preaching about how America needs to get our shit together. They made some great music but fuck that self-righteous douche bag.

Never meet your heroes etc...

• 1Solidarity

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Any rock star or actor or any of those clowns starts talking political shit, its like a -100 to their character as far as Im concerned. Not that thy cant have an opinion, its just that they represent nothing but virtue signals draped behind walls and walls of hypocrisy and their left slanted bubble worlds that dont even see what the real world is all about.

• 1Solidarity

Zapatta

Krugman's Fax Machine
<Gold Donor>
Any rock star or actor or any of those clowns starts talking political shit, its like a -100 to their character as far as Im concerned. Not that thy cant have an opinion, its just that they represent nothing but virtue signals draped behind walls and walls of hypocrisy and their left slanted bubble worlds that dont even see what the real world is all about.

I completely agree, but did give Rage Against the Machine a pass. 1) because they kicked ass musically and 2) I took their message about as seriously as Slayer trying to bring about Satan's kingdom on Earth.

Last edited:
  • 2Solidarity

Synj

Dystopian Dreamer
<Gold Donor>

I completely agree, but did give Rage Against the Machine a pass. 1) because they kicked ass musically and 2) I took their message about as seriously as Slayer trying to bring about Satan's kingdom on Earth.

Seeing U2 tomorrow night. I'll be booing on the inside when they do their inevitable Trump bashing.

Fuckit though, it's the Joshua Tree Tour. I'll be damned if a little virtue signaling is going to keep me from enjoying my probably #1 album all-time played live.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
At least the U2 guy goes and donates and does fund raisers and shit, so thats only a -50 for him. Hes actually doing some good. not so much for the other clowns.

• 2Like

Zapatta

Krugman's Fax Machine
<Gold Donor>
Seeing U2 tomorrow night. I'll be booing on the inside when they do their inevitable Trump bashing.

Fuckit though, it's the Joshua Tree Tour. I'll be damned if a little virtue signaling is going to keep me from enjoying my probably #1 album all-time played live.

Gotta love Bono, worth $600 M and has given out about $25M to charity while lecturing everyone else to dig deep.

• 1Like

BrutulTM

<Silver Donator>
Ya but didn't he hang himself?

Benzo + Oxy would cause CNS depression and ultimately respiratory failure but doesn't sound like what happened here?

EDIT: Benzos can cause suicidal ideation however, so there's that.

I'm not an expert at all, I just listen to Dr Drew's podcast and he blames the opiates+benzos combo whether it's suicide or an overdose. Very possible that it's just the adivan this time. I'm sure he will talk about it on his next podcast.

• 1Like