Ryan Lochte scandal megathread

Frenzied Wombat

Potato del Grande
The whole fucking choice of Brazil as an Olympic location was just bleeding heart stupidity. "Hey, let's pick a 3rd world shithole for the Olympics because it makes me feel good about myself and it's the right and moral thing to do! All you people making points about toxic water and crime are just hateful assholes!"

• 4Solidarity
  • 2Like
Reactions: 5 users

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
The whole fucking choice of Brazil as an Olympic location was just bleeding heart stupidity. "Hey, let's pick a 3rd world shithole for the Olympics because it makes me feel good about myself and it's the right and moral thing to do! All you people making points about toxic water and crime are just hateful assholes!"
I think it has a lot more to do with corruption and bribes for a select few than it does for some SJW agenda.

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Diemess

Silver Knight of the Realm
Lochte has always seemed a little off, especially during interviews. I remember one interview he did a few years back and sounded completely stoned, not really making sense.

But lets be honest, the place is a shit country, and I wouldn't be surprised if he was robbed..maybe not with guns but threatened perhaps?

• 2Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Lochte is a retard, but he's our retard!

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like

khorum

Murder Apologist
Bechtel used to have a shit ton of projects in Brazil but everything was so neck-deep in corruption and just outright thievery from locals that last I heard they'd bought out of everything except a subway project. That's BEFORE the bribery and pay-for-play rackets that rocked the country and deposed Rousseff's administration this year.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
I'm pretty sure the thinking 10 years ago or whenever this was decided was that Brazil was on the up and up and by the time it got around to 2016 Brazil would be a utopian paradise free of corruption and full of sexy brown skin ladies. Of course as we all know it didn't really play out like that.

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity

Frenzied Wombat

Potato del Grande
I'm pretty sure the thinking 10 years ago or whenever this was decided was that Brazil was on the up and up and by the time it got around to 2016 Brazil would be a utopian paradise free of corruption and full of sexy brown skin ladies. Of course as we all know it didn't really play out like that.

Yeah, Brazil was an economic darling at the time. Everybody was buying up Brazil focused ETF's like it was going out of style. Then they're economy did the exact opposite of what everyone predicted, it crashed lol.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
Lochte has always seemed a little off, especially during interviews. I remember one interview he did a few years back and sounded completely stoned, not really making sense.

But lets be honest, the place is a shit country, and I wouldn't be surprised if he was robbed..maybe not with guns but threatened perhaps?

Maybe im retarded. What are these savage jungle beats stealing? Seems like they go for the neck on everyone...stealing necklaces?

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
LOL, Brazilians are like south American Arabs.

My step dad grew up there and has many friends.

• 1Solidarity

Diemess

Silver Knight of the Realm
Maybe im retarded. What are these savage jungle beats stealing? Seems like they go for the neck on everyone...stealing necklaces?

Gold.

Wearing any type of jewelry or holding a phone makes you an instant target to get robbed.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

Xequecal

Trump's Staff
You are full of shit if you think that someone could get shot without warning for pissing on something and not go to jail. The law isn't remotely applied that broadly. Don't be dumb.

PENAL CODE CHAPTER 28. ARSON, CRIMINAL MISCHIEF, AND OTHER PROPERTY DAMAGE OR DESTRUCTION

They also threw rocks, which is enough. $100 or more in damage is all it takes for it to be legal without exception, as long as it happens at night. It can be legal for less than that too but then there's exceptions that apply. Sure, you risk running afoul of whatever the opposite of jury nullification is called but on paper, it's legal.

Texas is the state where a guy who shot a hooker that tried to walk out without blowing him got off for it because killing someone over minor property crimes is perfectly legal.

• 2Solidarity

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
PENAL CODE CHAPTER 28. ARSON, CRIMINAL MISCHIEF, AND OTHER PROPERTY DAMAGE OR DESTRUCTION

They also threw rocks, which is enough. $100 or more in damage is all it takes for it to be legal without exception, as long as it happens at night. It can be legal for less than that too but then there's exceptions that apply. Sure, you risk running afoul of whatever the opposite of jury nullification is called but on paper, it's legal.

Texas is the state where a guy who shot a hooker that tried to walk out without blowing him got off for it because killing someone over minor property crimes is perfectly legal.
how many cases of somebody getting shot for taking a piss and nothing happening to the shooter?

• 1Solidarity

a_skeleton_06

<Banned>
Are those little fuckers armed or something? I see grown men backing away cautiously from what look like feral children.

• 1Solidarity

khorum

Murder Apologist
Yeah, Brazil was an economic darling at the time. Everybody was buying up Brazil focused ETF's like it was going out of style. Then they're economy did the exact opposite of what everyone predicted, it crashed lol.

HAHHA the whole "BRICS" thing was fucking wishful thinking by butthurt neoliberals pining for a "post-American" multipolar world. In fact, the only worthwhile BRICS state has been the one that's been our Most-Favored Nation trading partner for four decades, and is thus co-dependent on our economic fate: China.

The rest of them? LAWL, fucking Zika-ridden Brazil, rapidly imploding South Africa, a desperate Russia and a subcontinent full of poos-in-the-loos. Meanwhile FUCKYEAH remains the sole superpower, is actually GROWING and is poised to blossom into a thousand-year Trumpenreich.

• 4Solidarity

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Brazilian conference: Head of police is named Braga. They already lost the argument as everyone remembers Fast and Furious.

• 1Solidarity

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Well to be honest other than bad water inside and outside the olympics, the olympics in Rio are probably being run much less corrupt than the olympics in Chicago would have been if they had won.

• 1Solidarity