Ryan Lochte scandal megathread

Lleauaric

Sparkletot Monger
I think a big reason why people think Brazil was on the rise was they keep finding biillions of barrels of light oil reserves right off their coast.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Siddar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Oil that is now to costly to extract. Brazil rode the commodity prices upward and is now crashing along with them.

• 1Solidarity

TrollfaceDeux

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Bronze Donator>
good thing brazil don't export terrorism or stuff even though they live like shit. they keep it to themselves.

• 1Solidarity

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
They threw rocks at the gas station and may also have broken down a door, they didn't just take a piss.
Fuck you, you faggot. These men are American greats. Brazil deserves worse treatment. They should be honored Americans even stepped foot on their tainted ground.

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Cad

<Bronze Donator>
I think Xequecal's comparison here has some merit, if it were blacks in America doing that to a whole foods and someone drew down on them and made them fork over their cash, we'd probably be fine with it. The question is, did the guy just opportunistically rob them of everything or did he take $100 to cover damage/etc?

Don't excuse Americans being shits just because they're American. Brazil is a rough, disease ridden corrupt country but Americans can be better than that.

• 4Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Royal

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures
I think it has a lot more to do with corruption and bribes for a select few than it does for some SJW agenda.

This.

A more corrupt brood of assholes than the IOC you'd be hard pressed to find.

Even FIFA gets points against them in that game.

• 1Solidarity

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
typically security guards dont own the buildings they are hired to protect. i can see pulling his weapon to see their creds if they didnt comply, jacking their wallets and cash i dont really see as an option even if they were throwing rocks and chanting "zika ziika zika" and "Brahma beer is piss" while they did it.

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Brikker

Trump's Staff
I think Xequecal's comparison here has some merit, if it were blacks in America doing that to a whole foods and someone drew down on them and made them fork over their cash, we'd probably be fine with it.

Speak for yourself, Racist McRacisty.

Logical people would call the actual police.

• 3Solidarity
  • 2Like
Reactions: 4 users

khorum

Murder Apologist
typically security guards dont own the buildings they are hired to protect. i can see pulling his weapon to see their creds if they didnt comply, jacking their wallets and cash i dont really see as an option even if they were throwing rocks and chanting "zika ziika zika" and "Brahma beer is piss" while they did it.
He saw gringos. In Brazil that means he can feed his family for the next six months if he acts quickly.

• 4Solidarity

Cad

<Bronze Donator>
Speak for yourself, Racist McRacisty.

Logical people would call the actual police.

Well, legally, yes, you'd call the police. I guess the guy in Brazil didn't call the police? But then, in Brazil the police are probably worse than the criminals.

• 1Solidarity

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
Well, legally, yes, you'd call the police. I guess the guy in Brazil didn't call the police? But then, in Brazil the police are probably worse than the criminals.
This gets directly to my point. That shithole of a country should be grateful freedom loving Americans pissed and threw rocks at a shack there. Probably the greatest honor the country has received in recent history.

• 3Solidarity
  • 1Like

Brikker

Trump's Staff

Agreed, I was assuming your scenario was if it happened in the U.S.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

Cad

<Bronze Donator>
Agreed, I was assuming your scenario was if it happened in the U.S.

Well, my point was if our guys really were acting like hooligans and we generally support people being batman in hooligan situations with blacks, then we shouldn't cry if someone does it with whites also acting like hooligans, even if they are olympic swimmers.

But the more I read, the more it sounds like this was an opportunistic robbery because these assclowns drew attention to themselves, not vigilante justice, so it appears my comparison might be flawed.

• 2Solidarity

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>

I know a guy who was a Mormon missionary in Brazil and he said that they told him that if you run from the police, they can and will shoot you, but if you don't run from them, they still might shoot you.

• 2Solidarity

Synj

Dystopian Dreamer
<Gold Donor>
It's really funny to watch everyone shitting on Brazil for this when so many people on this board have previously advocated for allowing US citizens to outright shoot people for minor property crimes. If this had happened in Texas the gas station owner could have legally shot all of them, without warning.

Who on this board has advocated shooting people for minor property crimes you fucking retard? And what qualifies as "so many people on this board"? Lochte and his crew are fucking idiots but you're even stupider for thinking people are getting gunned down in the streets for going pee pee.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

Rod-138

Trakanon Raider
Their room probably didn't have a bathroom and the gas station's door was probably a sheet. Their actions were stunning and brave.

• 2Solidarity