Science!! Fucking magnets, how do they work?

Captain Suave

Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris.
  • 2Solidarity
  • 2Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 4 users

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>

According to Goldhaber-Gordon, these analog devices create a “hardware analogy” to solve problems in quantum physics. To test the simulator, researchers used a simple circuit coupled together with two quantum components. Tuning electrical voltages, scientists created a state of matter called “Z3 parafermions,” which is when electrons have only one-third of their usual charge—the first time such a state was created on an electronic device in a lab. The idea is to scale up this simulator to solve more complex questions in quantum computing.

MusicForFish

Ultra Maga Instinct
<Prior Amod>

MusicForFish

Ultra Maga Instinct
<Prior Amod>

animation love GIF by Trippyogi

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>

animation love GIF by Trippyogi
191108-chriss-timmerman-dmt-research-001_1679565496185_x2.jpg

lmao of course this is what the DMT researcher looks like.

The usage of DMT to treat certain disorders is super exciting. Maybe one of the most interesting fields of medicine right now. One thing I've never seen are studies trying to characterize changes in brain function in normal or high performing people as a result of DMT dosing. For example, having a person of above average IQ perform a basic numerical/logical/spatial/verbal intelligence test like memorizing N numbers, solving logic puzzles, reading text, whatever before and after DMT dosing and under different conditions.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
Lot of new stuff coming with battery tech that might make some of this all electric future we're trying to get to more feasible.

• 1Like

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Lot of new stuff coming with battery tech that might make some of this all electric future we're trying to get to more feasible.

A notional cost / kwh, volume/kwh or mass/kwh not being present in this article is probably a bad sign.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
A notional cost / kwh, volume/kwh or mass/kwh not being present in this article is probably a bad sign.

For a cell with an electrolyte being much thinner than the electrodes, this results in volumetric energy densities of up to 140 mW h cm−3, which corresponds to gravimetric energy densities of up to 30 mW h g−1. For comparison, this is ≈30 % of the volumetric energy density of current lithium ion batteries at 450 mW h cm−3.

30% isn't bad, especially if it's not some bullshit comparison of theoretical densities vs some conservative figure they got for lion. A lot cost, high volume, high recharge count system could really improve the market for solar array roofs.

• 1Like