Science!! Fucking magnets, how do they work?

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
my brother-in-law just got the invite to the program. I'm not sure he wants to because he views it as pretty expensive buy-in ($499 for the tripod and router, $99/mo). I didn't understand if the $499 actually BOUGHT you that, or if you paid the money as a "payment in full lease" while you have the service.

Cybsled

I have to imagine that is a purchase price vs. a lease. When the full service launches, though, I would strongly suspect they'll have plans with equipment lease or pay it off in increments as you go (like traditional telecoms) type setups to get more people to use the service.

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
Apparently Google has optimized computational protein folding to a point where relevant measuring metrics are such that the results are equally as good as actual experimental modeling. If this can be generalized, this is pretty big.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
For years, scientists have been struggling with the problem of “protein folding” – mapping the three-dimensional shapes of the proteins that are responsible for diseases from cancer to Covid-19.
Google’s Deepmind claims to have created an artificially intelligent program called “AlphaFold” that is able to solve those problems in a matter of days.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user
Well. This will probably be very useful. Especially when Landrew needs to be built.

yeah.
Screenshot_2020-12-01 Meet GPT-3 It Has Learned to Code (and Blog and Argue) (2).png

sounds thorough.
Screenshot_2020-12-01 Meet GPT-3 It Has Learned to Code (and Blog and Argue) (3).png

Hello easy A!

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
So it has learned not to tell people to their face they are stupid and have no creative talent whatsoever. It has exceeded the average IQ of a human.

Rime

<Donor>
If I had $80,000 burning a hole in my pocket, I would buy one of the Spot robotic 'dogs'. They are so cool.