Secret Invasion

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>

Wondering if this Fury is going to end up either being a Skrull or a Life-Model Decoy.

Finale and after credit scene(s) likely a launching off point for Armor Wars, The Marvels and the plot throughlines for the Captain America and Thunderbolts movies.

Though would love if they pivoted, and rather than the predictable Marvels post-credits scene give us a look at Daredevil.

Harshaw

Throbbing Member

Wondering if this Fury is going to end up either being a Skrull or a Life-Model Decoy.

Finale and after credit scene(s) likely a launching off point for Armor Wars, The Marvels and the plot throughlines for the Captain America and Thunderbolts movies.

Though would love if they pivoted, and rather than the predictable Marvels post-credits scene give us a look at Daredevil.
It will definitely lead into the Marvels, as Fury is in that movie. All the fallout with Rhoadie, the President, and the Extremis/Powers stuff will go into Capt. America and Thunderbolts.

It would be weird to have something for Daredevil when this series has nothing to do with him and the show is probably still at least 2 years away with the strikes going on.

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
What a load of trash this was

So Daenerys is now the strongest character in the entire MCU? lol?

Last edited:
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Rough series, would have been better if it was released all at once instead of week to week IMO. Table is certainly set for the Dark Reign of the MCU though.

And yeah, she's pretty much the most powerful character in the MCU outside of the extremes on the cosmic side of things. Next time we see her one of the first things they'll do is introduce something that limits her in some way, like they're going to burn her out or something.

So Rhodes being in his hospital gown from being injured in Civil War suggests he's been a skrull for all of phase 3 onward - the last 7 years of Marvel movies.

Two really stupid things in the final fight... her with that little Drax arm that kinda looked like the wrong proportions and reminded me of Deadpool, lol, and the smug look to use Ebony Maw's abilities was dumb.

1690391322759.png

1690391353345.png

Charlie's recap, thumbnail is a bit of a spoiler, so it's here:

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
This was suprisingly still not the worst of Marvel shows. Squarely middle of the road and forgettable.

• 1Seriously?

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
This was suprisingly still not the worst of Marvel shows. Squarely middle of the road and forgettable.
Expectations were too high by calling it Secret Invasion and having it be just a Nick Fury show. I did like all the Super Skrull stuff they did though.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
This was so secret I didn’t even know it existed.
Disparu and Heels Vs Babyface have been killing it for the last few months on these horrible Marvel shows. its sad that they are ending. i cant wait to see what they make of Daeny becoming the bestest ever. again or if Gravik was Fury's son or if Maria Hill was really dead or if Fury's skrull bro, Talos was really dead..

Last edited:

Cybsled

The post credits teaser should have been Maria Hill waking up and Coulson hands her a cup of coffee

“I heard you just got back from Tahiti. It’s a magical place”

Last edited:
  • 2Like
  • 1Dislike
Reactions: 2 users

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
One thing I took away from the last episode was:

Fury is a self-obsessed dick. When he was asked why he didn't just call down a "super" to sort all the shit out he states he wanted to show he could handle it on his own. So all these folks unneccessarily died, the president's life was risked, and the world is on the brink of global thermonuclear war just so an old dude could show he was still relevant.
More like the writers couldn't come up with a better reason for them not being in the show.

• 1Like

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Another mega powered female hero. Yawn.

• 1Like

Kajiimagi

<Gold Donor>
Well that was 6 hours of my life I'll never get back. I have zero idea what happened and zero fucks to go back and try to watch. WTF was disney thinking?

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Well that was 6 hours of my life I'll never get back. I have zero idea what happened and zero fucks to go back and try to watch. WTF was disney thinking?
This is basically just a setup for Captain America brave new world. Thunderbolt Ross is president, and the United States basically being a military state makes that a smoother transition. Also brave new world is clearly going to be about racism but with skrulls. So now captain America gets to wax philosophical about his history with racism AND skrull racism. I was already planning on avoiding that movie but now I'm going to super seriously for real avoid it.

What sucks is that the last 5 minutes of the show is what the ENTIRE show should have been. The world falling apart because no one can trust anyone. Murders happening left and right, some revealing who was a skrull, some revealing just bad Intel and innocent humans getting killed instead. Then a bunch of "innocent" humans getting killed but no one caring because they were trash people anyway. Imagine presidential assassinations under the guise of "he's a skrull!" Then when they don't turn, the killer just shrugs and says "oops."

There was SOOOOO much potential for this, and I knew it was always going to come shy, but it was so much worse than I thought.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users