Secret Invasion

Aldarion

Egg Nazi
The "spy shit without superpowers" part has always been the most boring and pointless part of the MCU. Now they've got a whole show about it, neat.

First MCU show my kids and I have started then lost interest partway through the first episode. Booooooring.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The "spy shit without superpowers" part has always been the most boring and pointless part of the MCU. Now they've got a whole show about it, neat.

First MCU show my kids and I have started then lost interest partway through the first episode. Booooooring.
I think the main problem is that I was hoping this would have the same quality of a spy story as "Winter Soldier". That movie did the Spy thing perfectly with strength and flying being the only two Super Powers shown.

We have already had a secret infiltration story. It was a better story than apparently this one was.

Hydra was the secret Infiltration bad guy story .

This one is trying I guess to do a different approach but technology already existed that allowed a person to look like another person. So why would the Skrull be that interesting?

I was hoping maybe that this would be similiar in quality but I guess at this stage I should know better.

• 1Like

k^M

Blackwing Lair Raider
Forget watching this show and go pick up the 100ish comic arc instead. Probably about the same amount of time to finish it, and its 1000x better.

The high seas even have it packaged in reading order to boot

• 1Like

joz123

Potato del Grande
I think the main problem is that I was hoping this would have the same quality of a spy story as "Winter Soldier". That movie did the Spy thing perfectly with strength and flying being the only two Super Powers shown.

We have already had a secret infiltration story. It was a better story than apparently this one was.

Hydra was the secret Infiltration bad guy story .

This one is trying I guess to do a different approach but technology already existed that allowed a person to look like another person. So why would the Skrull be that interesting?

I was hoping maybe that this would be similiar in quality but I guess at this stage I should know better.
In WS, Blackwidow used some face mask tech to look exactly like that senator lady so the whole Skrull thing really is redundant and worthless as a story arc not to mention boring as shit.

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
so Maria Hill ain't really dead is she? theyre pulling a Coulson again
Agents Of Shield Marvel GIF by Disney+

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Two episodes in and I'm kinding of rooting for the Skrull.

I mean, what's the premise? 5 or 6 episodes of running around not achieving much then a final episode where there's a Super Skrull for 5 minutes and <insert superhero here> turns up and slaps him down. Then all the other Skrull reflect on him going bananas and agree to live in peace on the moon or wherever while signing up to help humanity in Nick Fury's memory.

*edit* Also, what's up with all the hair styling tips? I feel like I walked in on queer eye for the questionably straight guy.
Me and lanx are assholes. We derail everything.

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Blah.

Feel like I can't start Jack Ryan until this is over because it will make this show look even more ham-fisted.

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
Blah.

Feel like I can't start Jack Ryan until this is over because it will make this show look even more ham-fisted.

I tried watching S3 of Jack Ryan but it felt like garbage. S1 was good, S2 was ok, but S3 lost me after 2 episodes.

• 1Like

Lenthan

Trakanon Raider
S4 first two episodes of Jack Ryan make it look like the season could be quite good. We'll see.

• 1Like

Xevy

Log Wizard
This show is just super disappointing. I'm hoping it hits its stride Episode 4 or something, but it's some pretty fucking weak tea right now. Though I half expected Fury to blow that dude's kid's brains out in front of him.

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
Started it yesterday.... so far.... just ok. It has a lot to do in these last few episodes to make this worth while. That's what Disney really needs to address.... making stuff for the sake of making it. These characters and storylines are just too good to throw into mediocrity. It being bad or just ok, is starting to hurt the other movies and series. There is certainly room for it all but it needs space, especially for characters they have already established.

The series has some remaining potential but thus far, I really haven't felt it has taken me anywhere.

• 1Like

meStevo

<Silver Donator>
A lot to like about this latest episode. Moved things along. What really bothered me though was how shitty that tiny POTUS motorcade was and the lame and slow quick reaction teams responding to the attack.

All for the story, but as someone who likes to read about The Beast and the security that goes into overseas trips, there was all sorts of wrong there in order to make all of that work.

meStevo

<Silver Donator>
It was good enough that I didn't even realize how short the episode was until Charlie mentioned it in his recap.

• 1Like

Kajiimagi

<Gold Donor>
I thought it sucked, another 45 min-ish of nothing a few pew-pew and everyone is really an alien so nothing happened. I'm 100% hatewatch now. At least I didn't pay for it.

• 1Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
are you trying to get me to watch shitty marvel tv shows so i'll derail em w/ you...

FnP8.gif
oh no. its better NOT to watch shitty Marvel TV stuff and derail them anyway. it makes people angrier. :)
for example, Lanx, Marvel really sucks, but what kind of method do you grill with? gas, charcoal or pellets? i do charcoal, but Nick Fury really seems to hate white people along with his bro Rhodey but both wouldnt be shit without Tony Stark and his tech.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
oh no. its better NOT to watch shitty Marvel TV stuff and derail them anyway. it makes people angrier. :)
for example, Lanx, Marvel really sucks, but what kind of method do you grill with? gas, charcoal or pellets? i do charcoal, but Nick Fury really seems to hate white people along with his bro Rhodey but both wouldnt be shit without Tony Stark and his tech.
jesus christ eps 1 is garbage

you ppl actually watch this?

secret invasion is about homeless skrulls that became fervant zealots and remembered that they dissected the earths illuminati b/c and decided, hey, why don't we just become human!

but this spy garbage no one cares about? ugh

currently i've ditched my pellet grill, or rather it just sits there, i'm using up the remaining pellets in my vertical charcoal smoker that i bought to make peking duck (hanging the duck vertically) but have still never done it, but the brisket is way more amazing. recently on my hunt for good long lasting charcoal for my hibachi grill, Dr.Retarded Dr.Retarded turned me onto the b&b logs and they have been great i use em in the vertical smoker as well.

i'm probably just gonna leave my pellet smoker here in tn if/when i move and say it comes w/ the house.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
jesus christ eps 1 is garbage

you ppl actually watch this?

secret invasion is about homeless skrulls that became fervant zealots and remembered that they dissected the earths illuminati b/c and decided, hey, why don't we just become human!

but this spy garbage no one cares about? ugh

currently i've ditched my pellet grill, or rather it just sits there, i'm using up the remaining pellets in my vertical charcoal smoker that i bought to make peking duck (hanging the duck vertically) but have still never done it, but the brisket is way more amazing. recently on my hunt for good long lasting charcoal for my hibachi grill, Dr.Retarded Dr.Retarded turned me onto the b&b logs and they have been great i use em in the vertical smoker as well.

i'm probably just gonna leave my pellet smoker here in tn if/when i move and say it comes w/ the house.
skrulls are so boring and tropey. its also an annoying gimmick. i hate when Mystique or Loki shapeshifts all the time.

i love the simplicity of charcoal, but i will likely pick up a small propane grill because i love the taste of steak or chicken when its grilled that way.