SGDQ Trannyfest 2019

Chris

Potato del Grande
I get speedruns, I just don't get why glitching is allowed. At that point you are not playing the game but playing the codebase.

• 8Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 9 users

SimSimSalabim

Molten Core Raider
I’m not super into the scene but I’ve seen enough to understand that there are different categories. Any %, 100%, glitchless, etc. These events tend to show a little bit from every category, or pick which run from the game is most exciting in their opinion. Definitely agree that speed running with some combination of skill and clever use of game mechanics is a lot more exciting and interesting than people glitching through walls to skip gameplay.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

reavor

I'm With HER ♀
<Bronze Donator>
Usually they go with glitches for games that would be way too long otherwise but are really popular, or just to show off how broken the game can be.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Namon

Blackwing Lair Raider
I remember when I saw "Bloodborne world record speed run. Under 5 minutes!" I was completely blown away and wanted to see how that was even humanly possible, only to see some cheesedick seriously fall through the floor in Cathedral Ward and run through the nether until they popped out in Forbidden woods. They then proceeded to do the same to get around the one reborn if I believe. Yeah that's glitching or even more harshly worded cheating. That's not skill.

• 5Like
  • 3Solidarity
Reactions: 7 users

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Wow you guys hate trannies more than me

Not sure what the point of posting in this thread is if all you're gonna say is "I don't get speedruns". Yeah we get it, you have downs

I don't hate trannies, in fact we're friends with two. However they are in no way as bizarre as the freak shows, nor are they aggressively fighting for "safe spaces" to be hostile in.

I’m not super into the scene but I’ve seen enough to understand that there are different categories. Any %, 100%, glitchless, etc. These events tend to show a little bit from every category, or pick which run from the game is most exciting in their opinion. Definitely agree that speed running with some combination of skill and clever use of game mechanics is a lot more exciting and interesting than people glitching through walls to skip gameplay.

I once saw a Quake 1 speed run on youtube where the speed runner used the grenade launcher on a fucking fish to rocket jump past half the level. If GDQ were about this, I'd watch it, but the last time I watched it, it was in no way at all about tricks like that.

Kiki

Log Wizard
I just watch the specific vods of the games I want to see. Fuck watching the SJW freakshow. If you don't like glitches, only watch glitchless then, I don't see the big deal. There is a category for everyone, you can't just watch everything and expect to enjoy it all. You can't sit me down in front of golf and expect me to like it.

I like seeing new glitches in things like Ocarina. Innovative pathing to figure out what the bare minimum they need to skip an area and still complete the game. They are still discovering things about decades old games.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I’m not super into the scene but I’ve seen enough to understand

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
I get speedruns, I just don't get why glitching is allowed. At that point you are not playing the game but playing the codebase.
There's different categories. Some categories involve just playing the game normally/only using minor glitches(the fact you move faster if you spam jumps instead of run for example), while other involve using everything to break the game entirely. Dark Souls for example has a ton of categories like that, they have the 100% speedrun no glitch no skip but also the any% use anything which involve getting off the map and skipping 80% of the game and duping items for the rest. They're both fairly interesting imo, although seeing the glitchy one is only interesting once, after that I don't give a shit if you make the same thing 3secs faster. No hit runs are also interesting in Dark Souls.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
There's different categories. Some categories involve just playing the game normally/only using minor glitches(the fact you move faster if you spam jumps instead of run for example), while other involve using everything to break the game entirely. Dark Souls for example has a ton of categories like that, they have the 100% speedrun no glitch no skip but also the any% use anything which involve getting off the map and skipping 80% of the game and duping items for the rest. They're both fairly interesting imo, although seeing the glitchy one is only interesting once, after that I don't give a shit if you make the same thing 3secs faster. No hit runs are also interesting in Dark Souls.
He's essentially saying I like the Olympics but I don't get why event XY is allowed????

Don't watch it my dude

Synj

Dystopian Dreamer
<Gold Donor>
Speedruns are stupid and so are CE videogame statues.

Don’t @ me

• 2Like
  • 2Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Drinsic

privileged excrementlord
Are there any shitlord speedrunners at these events? Would they let you wear a MAGA hat?

reavor

I'm With HER ♀
<Bronze Donator>
Are there any shitlord speedrunners at these events? Would they let you wear a MAGA hat?

most have left, either doing their own thing streaming or gone to smaller speedrunning events like ESA or RPG Limit Break.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Are the best speed runners trannies? That's the real question!

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
People got kicked out for wearing maga hats. It isn't the specifics of a maga hat (but we know it is), but allegedly anything political