She-Hulk

Sevens

Log Wizard
Arnold couldnt even speak english when he first started acting. And none of his movies really needed him to have depth as an actor anyway.
Little known fact...Christopher Lambert couldn't speak English when they filmed Highlander.

"The filmmakers were shocked to find out after signing a contract for Christopher Lambert to play Connor MacLeod that he spoke absolutely no English."

lambert.jpg

• 4Like
  • 1Mother of God
Reactions: 4 users

ShakyJake

<Donor>
Because they aren't going to find a real girl in make-up that is as big as She-Hulk? Also the CGI for Hulk got better over time as well. Same will happen with She-Hulk. It's also not like a secret that shows are tweaked til the last minute.
The Hulk didn't have THAT much screen time. And she's the focus of an entire show. Also, the show isn't going to have the budget of a fucking Avengers movie.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Well, I was thinking they could remap Titania's face over the body builder's. Body builder could be paid cheap since she wouldn't have to "act". I think it's doable, but alas we have a full CGI version which looks like shit.

That's funny because the actress is named Tatiana, but Jameela Jamil plays a character named Titania.

• 1Blown
Reactions: 1 user

spronk

FPS noob
She Hulk releases in August, 3 months basically. not much is gonna change, especially considering this show is 9 episodes long. I would expect what you see is what you get.

most people don't care anyways

• 1Like

Angerz

Trakanon Raider
it looks like there is no budget for this show, that says to me they have little confidence in this show or Roth and Ruffalo's salary sucked most of it up.
or both. Disney+ shows arent the massive hits they projected them to be. Chapek might have slashed a lot down .

isnt the budget 200 mil? that feels like enough for 9 episodes.

I think the more likely explanation is Marvel/Disney's sweatshop CGI teams are ultra busy finishing Ms Marvel and Thor, have this and Guardians Holiday Special to do this year, then Ant-Man, The Marvels and Guardians 3 on deck for next year.

They used to have to "only" do 2 movies a year, but now that schedule includes 2 or 3 TV shows as well.

• 1Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
isnt the budget 200 mil? that feels like enough for 9 episodes.

I think the more likely explanation is Marvel/Disney's sweatshop CGI teams are ultra busy finishing Ms Marvel and Thor, have this and Guardians Holiday Special to do this year, then Ant-Man, The Marvels and Guardians 3 on deck for next year.

They used to have to "only" do 2 movies a year, but now that schedule includes 2 or 3 TV shows as well.
does it look like a 200 mil budget? its a lawyer procedural.

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
The Hulk didn't have THAT much screen time. And she's the focus of an entire show. Also, the show isn't going to have the budget of a fucking Avengers movie.
I am talking from introduction to now. The Hulk's CGI has changed in every movie for the better.

Brad2770

Holy shit the CGI on that is fucking horrible. I can't watch it if that is what it is going to look like in the finished product.

I realize I haven't read a She-Hulk comic in decades, but part of the attraction was that she was fucking fun. I know this chick is a great actress, so maybe the trailer just isn't portraying it well, but this doesn't scream "fun" at me.

This is the She-Hulk I want:
View attachment 413012

I agree. She hulk was a comedian. She broke the 4th wall occasionally, similar to Deadpool. I’m ok with no tits if you can still have sexy and the comedy.

Also:

6FF9268A-853F-43F4-B7CF-525F4870042C.jpeg

• 5Like
  • 2Worf
Reactions: 6 users

Vanessa

Uncle Tanya
<Banned>
isnt the budget 200 mil?
That's huge for a "TV" show, right?

Bro. Please tell me there is a backing board and I'm just not seeing it.
There is not LoL.

It's only a 35-ish dollar book, but yeah, still... get you some backing boards, Brad! (But avoid the acid-free boards... get the totally dipped in acid kind)

• 1Like

Juvarisx

Florida
All the Marvel shows have MCU film budgets, though the number ive heard is 100-150 million. Im sure D+ is still a "loss" atm but it allows the films to be much larger cinematic events.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>

There is not LoL.

It's only a 35-ish dollar book, but yeah, still... get you some backing boards, Brad! (But avoid the acid-free boards... get the totally dipped in acid kind)
My books that aren't even worth the paper they are printed on still have boards.

Total aside, I didn't even know they were a thing until recently but ended up buying some top loaders for some of my more valuable comics, and some clear backing boards for ones with wraparound covers and such.

Brad2770

There is not LoL.

Wait, that’s 35 bucks?!

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Wait, that’s 35 bucks?!
Maybe, but that's pushing it. From my inexpert eye and not being able to see all the corners or the spine, etc you might be able to get that high, but I'd guess closer to 20 bucks. Still worth more than like 99% of the comics I own though, regardless of their condition!

spronk

FPS noob
writer goes into detail why shows across the industry are getting worse and worse VFX every year right now

i wonder if avatar 2 will shake things up. probably not