Silicon Valley

Asmadai

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Probably not the place to ask for this, but this whole #metoo movement shit had me wondering, as i'm not a lawyer...

How the fuck are accusations and the like made against someone that are way, way, way, past the statute of limitations for legal actions, not a cut-and-dry slam dunk defamation/libel/slander case?

spronk

FPS noob
Probably not the place to ask for this, but this whole #metoo movement shit had me wondering, as i'm not a lawyer...

How the fuck are accusations and the like made against someone that are way, way, way, past the statute of limitations for legal actions, not a cut-and-dry slam dunk defamation/libel/slander case?

Well libel and defamation also have 2-3 year statute of limitations in most (all I think) states. But for the most part libel/defamation have the same problem as these year old assault cases: to prove libel or defamation, you must prove the defendant knowingly made a false statement. Well, just like you can't prove assault or rape years later, you can't prove it didn't happen either usually so its just he said vs she said.

For a decent libel/defamation case you must have evidence the person lied, basically and thats gonna be tough in most of these kind of cases.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider

Statute of limitations has nothing to do with defamation/libel/slander. Something being true is an absolute defense for all of the above. So something either happened or it didn't and you can either prove it or you can't.

The fact that it can't be prosecuted due to the time frame is completely irrelevant.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

tyen

EQ in a browser wait time: ____
<Banned>
jin yang replacing erlich is such a great move.

That dude is so dry, its hilarious

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Well I went from not sure about how the show would work without Erlich to being fully on board with the idea.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

spronk

FPS noob
i honestly can't remember how season 4 ended other than erlich peacing out in nepal but i'm 100% on board for more jin yang

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
If I recall, Richard went to Gavin's house to get the rights for something. And Gavin left hoolie, but came back. Oh, and they somehow set Gavin's couch on fire with a hot poker from the fireplace. And Gavin gave Richard the giant picture of his face that they wrote on.

I'm pretty sure that's how it ended.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Ok, I just re-watched a bit of episode 10. They were converting pied piper into a file storage site for large large websites. And it was Elrich hacked Jin-Yang's smart refrigerator, which made a giant backup of the insurance company or something, and now it exists on the fridge server.

Oh, and Richard fucked the almost wife of the insurance company CEO and that guy attacked him, giving Richard a black eye.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Does that really surprise you? He's not exactly the Pakistani Denzel.

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

spronk

FPS noob
Damn, his wife is not a looker.

i for one think its brave he followed his convictions and married a tranny. Maybe they could play a quick run of Kill the Homosexual, Pakistan's favorite PS2 game, on AGDQ this year

GzYBhCN.jpg