Skyforge anyone following this?

Xaxius

Lord Nagafen Raider
The few hours I played were actually enjoyable. I don't know if it's worth it past that.

I think the amount of classes is limited. Only seem to have 6 or so.
This is the amount of content announced for the Russian OBT release, I'd expect something similar.

• 13 Classes
  • 11 Regions
  • 33 Solo Adventures 1-3P
  • 8 Group Adventures 5P
  • 5 PvP Arenas
  • Invasion, Anomaly - (Supposedly an instance filled with only bosses), Raid
  • God Form
  • Pantheon & Portal

I played it for a few hours but the left click spam really wore on me after awhile, especially after the HP sponge boss encounters that drag on way too long. I did think the UI was really kinda cool and the graphics were pretty nice for F2P game. They seems to have some interesting concepts with thePantheon Wars, character class swapping,AelinetandAscension Atlas.

It's a weird marriage between Allods and Obsidian, one of the only reasons it's even on my radar at this point. It will probably due well for itself if it sticks to itmonetizationpolicy.

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
The one thing the character creator has on everyone else is that I don't think I've ever seen an avatar with bigger tits.

Tauro

Bronze Knight of the Realm
So, early access started, no problem so far, game runs smooth and looks quite good. Fun game for casual play.
Regarding classes, you start with 3 classes (Pala/Cryomancer/Lightbinder) and can unlock the other 10 classes in your ascension atlas. You can switch unlocked classes out of combat, so no alts needed
wink.png

Nice overview of the classes:
http://sf.my.com/us/about/classes

gogusrl

Molten Core Raider
Anyone got an extra key ? I'm to cheap to pay for early access and I don't have anything to play this weekend.

Tauro

The keys from the founder packs dont work for early access, they were only for closed beta. So you have to pay or just wait one week...

bayr_sl

shitlord
It's basically a worse Neverwinter in a scifi setting, and I guess there's more people in the open quest zones than I recall in Neverwinter.

Which makes me wonder what ever happened to Neverwinter? I guess it was too p2w or something, I remember there being like 15 currencies at launch.

Felmega_sl

shitlord
The most generic and downright weird MMO to come out in a while. What bayr said id correct, its basically NW, but in a quasi sci-fi setting.

Really, the graphics are pretty good, but I was instantly reminded of Destiny when i started playing (not a good thing) in that the game is totally zoned, you picked a planet(zone) to beam into - kick some ass, then beam out.

Some will love it, I guess.

bayr_sl

shitlord
It doesn't look like it, I've unlocked only one pvp mission vs a handful of pve ones. And if it were the focus it would be a mess to pvp on this game, it's just not responsive in any way. I would probably say Wildstar is the benchmark for mmo pvp these days if you are looking for battlegrounds.

It's very much just grinding a limited set of missions to accumulate points/currency. Pretty much every action MMO I've played does it better than this. Tera, Vindictus, even the quasi action ones like Wildstar.

The ass sliders are legit though

Carl_sl

shitlord
Disappointing, I'm really craving some action combat mmo gameplay right now. Was about to download this because it went open beta today I believe.

Faltigoth

It's basically a worse Neverwinter in a scifi setting, and I guess there's more people in the open quest zones than I recall in Neverwinter.

Which makes me wonder what ever happened to Neverwinter? I guess it was too p2w or something, I remember there being like 15 currencies at launch.
NEverwinter still out there, it was the game of the month a few months back. I am still playing, there is a new module coming Aug 11 that will introduce guild strongholds/guild PvP. Probably giant resource sinks similar to Star Trek Online's starbases for minimal gain. It isn't quite P2W, but if you didn't abuse earlier exploits it is very difficult/time consuming to reach the highest levels of gear (which are not at all required for much of anything, really).

That being said, a few people from my guild started playing this and I had no idea wtf it was. Boob physics seems a good start to any game and I find Neverwinter's gameplay extremely fun, so sci-fi neverwinter sounds intriguing.

Anomander Rake

Golden Knight of the Realm
Downloaded and installed last night, here are my thoughts:

Pros:

Boob Physics
Graphics
Animations
Free

Cons:
Apparently 95% of all chat is in Portuguese. HueHueHue
Combat, while fun at first becomes VERY repetitive. Keep clicking your basic attack until your cool-downs are up. Carpal tunnel incoming.
Lobby based gaming. Small maps surrounded by even smaller maps that you can group in. Kind of like a mix of Destiny and Guild Wars 1.
Bullet sponge mechanics. Like fighting the same bosses in a challenge with different names and 10 health bars you have to whittle down? Not me.
Repetitive, uninspired quests. Kill that group of guys, and go press space bar on that object. Repeat.

Verdict:
1 Tera reinstall out of 10.

bayr_sl

shitlord
Yeah it's pretty bad. If you're absolutely desperate to 'play' a game where you watch numbers gradually increase you might like it I guess. It feels like MMO purgatory

nevergone

Low IQ Vegan Pacifist
<Gold Donor>
I'm surprised by the negative feedback people are giving this title.

I'm guilty of judging a game too soon myself, so maybe it's the beginning of the game that's setting people off - but once you get into the later areas and developing your character in non-linear ways, it's pretty extraordinary.

The combat is pretty decent too. There aren't many hugely telegraphed attacks or anything, but there's definitely obvious stuff you need to dodge if you're going to survive. I'm enjoying my cryomancer quite a bit so far, it's a nice blend of dishing out damage with a couple nukes on CD while juggling CC and free DPS attacks.

Helldiver

Can't say that much good about it. But it's one of those games that either you like or you don't (kind of like TSW in that respect).

Pros:
-Fap material, all the way down to butt physics and buttock slider.
-Bewbs
-Great graphics. However be prepared to lag in the capital city thing.
-Non-linear class progression.
-No levels really. You just unlock more and more abilities and improve character statistics through gear, enchanting, spending crystals/sparks what ever it's called.
-No direct gear grind really, in many ways it's kind of like TSW. You're grinding marks/crystals/sparks what ever they're called to improve your character stats (which work for any other class you switch to). Actual gear is just improved/enchanted by breaking up old gear and using it as enchantment fodder. Also, it seems you improve the "slot" and not the gear itself.
-Switch classes any time. There is no need for alts (not sure if it's even possible). Also, statistics you've built up on one class (such as strength, valor, luck) work with any other class you've unlocked. So it's not like you start from scratch like other games.

Cons:
-Unless you paid for any of the premium packages, you won't be unlocking any other class for a very long time (estimating about a month if you're a casual with a job and a life). Obviously premium packages speed that process up. The early quests reward about 100 or so of the resource you need to progress in which ever branch you choose on the road to a class you want (it's about 14,000 for most classes). Give or take a few hundred if you do more quests within the theme-park instances. I haven't kept count, but if you do every single quest in these places you'll get about 100-200 of any one type. Group instances (which can be done solo) reward additional resources of which there are three (blue, red, and green and I forget their name). Btw only a few of these group instances show up when you start. As you progress through the main story more of them open up. I believe most are on a timer. So you may have an instance that opens up that rewards Red stuff, but have to wait for one to open up that rewards blue stuff. You need this blue, green, red crystal stuff to progress on the main class tree (to unlock other classes), or to further develop your current class. Unfortunately if you want to be worth a shit, you're going to have to blow most of these making one of those three classes worthwhile to make the grind to your next class easier. Instances and quests can be repeated and supposedly the rewards improve?
-Animation locking. If you hate animation locking ala Tera, the useless idiot that decided that is here also. Some classes have it more than others. Most of your power builders and spam abilities are pretty smooth and can be cast on the run. Any combo ability (such as those requiring mouse click combinations) and your dumbass character gets stuck in a stupid "build up" animation before firing. Gets very annoying, but on the plus side you'll eventually (pretty early on) get to try out all classes and all their abilities in the training room. Use that opportunity to decide which one suits your fancy, and especially if you're into the movement/animations.
-Left mouse clicking can be a chore. Also, some classes rely on mouse button combination (LMB+LMB+RMB finishing move) type shit. May or may not be your cup of tea.
-Quests are bare bones extremely mundane. Run around this spot and kill enough of the same generic looking mobs until the thing hits 100%. Hit F for your Pez reward. (usually class/atlas progression crystals).
-Combat doesn't feel crunchy, it felt floaty and as if I was hitting things with a wiffle bat.
-[Edit] I forgot to mention; All resources are capped to a certain amount per week (resets every Wednesday I believe). Once you reach that cap, you won't get any more of that resource but instead will get something else. Depending on which one you capped, that same resource will be replaced with something else. I believe it's things like cloth threads for costumes, sparks for resets and class unlocking, or alternate forms of currency. Premiums have different caps I believe. So forget about power grinding with a group of friends. I'd be willing to bet money, they will put something in their cash shop to get rid of a weekly cap. Who thinks up of shit like this?

No idea on the story. The whole gods thing isn't my thing, I just space barred the whole thing. Some classes seemed to be easier to play than others. Slayer was beast and fairly smooth. Bezerker suffers from animation locking which is shit. Archer was a pain for me because most of her good abilities come out of mouse click combos (RMB+RMB, followed by LMB hold for finishing move). Alchemist seemed like the smoothest of the advanced classes.

Again, if you liked Tera, you'll love this game. If you don't mind the animation locking on some classes, the grindy repetitive gameplay (be prepared to run the same instances for quite a while), this may be for you.

Oh and it's the guys who did Allods, so be prepared for some sort of Cash Shop shenanigan eventually.

krismunich

<Silver Donator>
I have way more fun with this than I thought. Playing for three days straight now and yes, it's "Grindforge", but it let's you choose how much and what you grind. Basically I clear one of the single outdoor zones, play some "dungeons", manage my Followers, rince repeat. Also I switch around depending what is 2x or 3x bonus right now. The flow is just perfect, something they do really right. I never fell in love with GW2 or games with the same concept/mechanic, but this title got me hooked after 2,3 hours.
Also amazing idea that you can test all the classes in the "simulator" before you decide what to approach. I want to be a Sorceror, started out as Cryo. At first I really cursed about the design approach forcing you to play a class until you reached your desired one, but then I realized that you keep all the unlocks and boni on the way so you get a boost as soon as you switch classes. Content unlocks as you go. More quests, storyline, dailies. You get more and more dungeons as you raise in prestige (think of it as ilvl)

Visuals are top notch, music is good. Great title to try imho, Destiny meets MMO somehow. Also if you think you might like it, they offer "premium" right now for 3 bucks for a week. Premium speeds up ressource gain, that's all.

Also the difficulty feels good. Not super hard overall, but you need to pay attention to boss mechanics and need to manage your class and use all your abilities. With three person groups you can not really carry anyone after 1k prestige. One astounding this is how responsive this game is. When you see a telegraph and you dodge, it happens like in a singleplayer game. Never felt like this in Tera or Wildstar. Don't get me started on FF14...

One of the coolest ideas was, after you were sent with different quest context to a dungeon, the games tells you "so how about you how me how you solo that dungeon, bro?". Story overall is well, okay. Giving you a statue as a god and recruit followers with a somewhat complex economy sim meta game is nice. Bit like in van helsing 3 if you know that.

Also, if I did the math correct than it takes you two to three weeks to reach your desired class if you max the weekly caps. That is not terrible. I read stuff like "need 6 months to unlock a class"

PvP Unlocks after a while, 6v6 and 10v10 bg/arena style. Someone mentioned there are/will be raids?

Sumi_sl

shitlord
Maybe I was overlooking the whole it's free thing a bit too much. I mean, what else do I have to do this weekend? Download commence!