Skyrim

Arden

Blackwing Lair Raider
Almost done with Enderal (full conversion Skyrim mod). Best game I've played in years. Head and shoulders better than Skyrim. Can't recommend enough.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Arden

Blackwing Lair Raider
Better than Skyrim vanilla? Or better than modded the fuckout Skyrim?

The look, feel, and game mechanics of Enderal are significantly better than they are in Skyrim, but those are things that newer Skyrim mods might have greatly improved. I dunno. I played Skyrim with a few mods, but that was years ago.

What I will say, is that a large part of what makes Enderal better is the dialog, story, lore, world and dungeon building, etc-- things that no amount of modding will fix. I can't take the story and dialog of a lot of RPGs these days, but Enderal blew me away. So meticulous, so professional, so well thought out and woven together (and interesting!) I'm a world builder myself so I get hypercritical, but these guys outdid themselves with the POIs and environments they created. There are jungles, deserts, huge underground cities, at one point you actually take an airship to a floating city... etc. It's ridiculous.

Anyway, I'll stop shilling, but you're really missing out if you don't try it. I'll leave it at that.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Loaded up special edition

Was not blown away by the graphics at all man

Maybe I need a spankin new video card and ultra settings

Medium looked like wtf

Prob get a new rig anyways around the time they get all the mods working

The Dauntless One

Lord Nagafen Raider
Loaded up special edition

Was not blown away by the graphics at all man

Maybe I need a spankin new video card and ultra settings

Medium looked like wtf

Prob get a new rig anyways around the time they get all the mods working
It's not suppose to blow you away. It's a 5 year old game.

SE adds 64bit though, so in a year you might see some crazy mods if SKSE ever gets released.

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Ya, imma play it when all the mods are working.

I think I can fault their advertising for over hyping the graphics thing though.

Grabbit Allworth

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I've had Skyrim since the day it was released, but never even completed the first quest in the main line. The game just didn't grab me, but a lot of the mods out there are quite interesting. A few months ago, I made an attempt to mod it, but the sheer number of mods + layering them correctly just ended up fucking up the whole experience. From what I have read, it can take many many hours to get mods installed correctly. Is there not an easier way to do this? Is it even worth it?

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Caliane

yeah.. honestly Ive been trying to get my mods up and running the last few days. With utter failure.

Nexus mods refuses to work atm. not sure if its getting hammered with the SE or what.

Skanda

I'm Amod too!
The last couple of times I loaded up Skyrim I took a couple of days getting the mods just right. For an "easy" time you can follow the S.T.E.P guide or the G.E.M.S guide. I tend to start with the STEP and then layer on some stuff from GEMS and finally add my own stuff on top of both of those. Of course you have to keep an eye on memory use as you do all that which is why STEP generally recommends 1k/2k texture mods instead of 4k stuff.

sakkath

Trakanon Raider
Really need to wait for SKSE to be ported before you can get serious about modding.. It's being worked on but is still some time away it seems, they have a lot of work to do to get it up and running.

Skanda

I'm Amod too!
Moded will look better then the remaster for some time.
[/MEDIA]

All but one of the mods he's running in that comparison have been ported and the other can be made to work with a little fuckery (and the author is working on a port). Even ENB has an alpha version released already. They are catching up in the looks department very quickly. The major sticking point will be SKSE.

Bubbles

2022 Asshat Award Winner
<Bronze Donator>
yQXjYCM.png

LR8L1Eb.png

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
Xbox Owner.

Havent played this in years.

Is SE with console Mods worth it? I played a ton and there is so much I never finished. Im sure mods add tons of content.

Thoughts?

Skanda

I'm Amod too!
Not sure what's been released on Xbox for SE. Your two big problems will be no SKSE (not that PC has that either yet for SE) and the 2GB hard limit for mods. I'd imagine there's plenty to sift through to enhance your game. At this point you'll probably only be missing the really large texture packs, which may or may not be a big deal to you.

Warr

<Bronze Donator>
Hadn't seen this before today. Got a hearty chuckle from me.

c54Hg7L.jpg

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users