Smartphones

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Thanks for the link. It wouldn't need to be a real up to date smart phone. Basically all it would need is ability to talk and one or two apps that are just a deal that list all the steel sizes and such. It's wouldn't be a phone they would use at any other time than inside the gate. A tablet might work as well but I think most have a camera and that would be a little large. Basically something they could stick in their pocket.

The phone in that link look pretty good. I'll forward that and see what kind of quote they get. I must not be the only one, from the site.

Applications
Oil and Gas
Petrochemical
Mining
Manufacturing

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
I think you could take any phone or tablet to a phone repair place and have the cameras removed. Most of that stuff is modular and just has to be unplugged. You can probably even do it yourself and fill the holes with epoxy or something.

galaxy_tab_a_cp.jpg

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
If anyone wants a good unlocked phone for only $250, Amazon has the 128 GB version of the Essential phone as a prime day deal.

Edit: link shows the full price but if you go to the page it shows the sale price.

Last edited:

Wake Up Man
<Banned>
Thanks for the link. It wouldn't need to be a real up to date smart phone. Basically all it would need is ability to talk and one or two apps that are just a deal that list all the steel sizes and such. It's wouldn't be a phone they would use at any other time than inside the gate. A tablet might work as well but I think most have a camera and that would be a little large. Basically something they could stick in their pocket.

The phone in that link look pretty good. I'll forward that and see what kind of quote they get. I must not be the only one, from the site.

Applications
Oil and Gas
Petrochemical
Mining
Manufacturing

Looks like this one is coming out next month. Android 8.1

SGiNO 6 Non Camera Smartphone | iNO Mobile

Lanx

Oye Ve
<Prior Amod>
anyone have any idea why,

my note4, connected to a samsung charger connected to a powerstrip won't charge.

however, when i turn off/on the power strip it charges

why???

Wifes iphones doesn't have an issue charging anywhere.

also it charges from pc(slowly), battery pack, car adapter. But any usb adapter has to be cycled off/on to charge.

Wake Up Man
<Banned>
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Zapatta

Krugman's Fax Machine
<Gold Donor>
Yeah Barry is in no way a Muslim ....
Obama race baiting on demand.

• 1Picard

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Was going back and fourth for a while, and then falling for the hype of all this cool shit getting packed into the S10, but decided on the Note 9. Launch event is tomorrow 8am PDT. Wooooo

Crone

Trying to figure out right now the best deal for it.

Samsung has it at full price, but will give me $300 for my S7 Edge.
Best Buy has it for $100 off, and nothing advertised about trade in value.
Verizon has Buy Note 9 , get Note 9, S9, or S9+ for free, but it has to be on a new line, so that's useless to me. Just like Best Buy, nothing advertised for trade in values.

Of course the benefit of Verizon and Best Buy is that you can get the phone on the 0% APR payment plan for 24 months.

Haven't checked Costco or Sams Club, but they might have something going.

Crone

So for anyone that doesn't need a second phone, hence Verizon's deal is useless, just go through Samsung.com for the Note 9.

cafb8ea65f6b91f206da7568052c1066.png

This is with my $300 trade in credit for my S7 Edge, and a couple things I learned off this page. First of all, the Samsung Upgrade program still exists. I thought they killed it off. Secondly, if you really wanted too, I could still get my huge trade in credit through Samsung, but just toss the payments on Verizon's DPP.

If you can get approved, I see no reason to not do their Upgrade program. After 12 months, if the S10/Note 10 have all the bad ass features people have been talking about, can just switch over.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
After the S8 I won't be going Samsung again for the foreseeable future. It's a perfectly fine phone, but all of Samsung's crapware annoys me to an irrational level and I can't believe the Note 9 still has the Bixby button. Even though the button is disabled on my phone it still pops up from time to time and it seems like every other day an update is downloading for some useless samsung app or a pop-up is trying to get me to use their shit. Fuck off Samsung, I would rather have a more cheaply made phone that has stock android on it. I really wish they would bring back the Nexus line.

The ability to get 1TB of storage in it is kind of amazing, but I can't imagine what you would do with it.

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
I would love Samsung hardware with just stock android. I just have to hope that Google doesn't fuck up the Pixel phones.

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
Early leaks of the Pixel 3 XL is not good. Smaller battery and a huge notch in the top. I may actually just get the Pixel 3, even though I like the bigger screen. That big ole notch is ugly as shit though. I hated it on the iPhone X, and I hate it more on the Pixel 3 XL

google-pixel-3-xl-image-3.jpg

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
That looks pretty ugly. I would much rather have a small bezel at the top than a notch.

Thankfully I was planning holding on to my Pixel XL for another year.

• 1Solidarity

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
Phone took a shit last night, need something cheaper than 600 bucks that isn't a turd that I can pick up today.

Anyone see any deals? I'm AT&T