Solo: A Star Wars Story (2018)

Azrayne

Irenicus did nothing wrong
Well at least Hayden Christensen can look forward to being overshadowed in the "actor who ruined a key SW character" department.

• 6Worf
Reactions: 5 users

Royal

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures

I don't think Lucasfilm should be happy about this being referenced as "the funniest Star Wars movie yet". Not with one of the more consistent criticisms of TLJ being the over use and misplacing of humor. Not to mention the trailer they just released didn't have a happy fun vibe to it at all. They're really dropping the ball on marketing this one.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Juvarisx

Florida
If the point was to make a funny SW movie why the fuck would you fire Lord & Miller

• 1Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Royal

Goddamn I'm picking up a whiff of that new Falcon smell just looking at this. Han must have been hard on the old girl.

DVcGCKaWAAA9Ai-.jpg

• 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Drakain

Trakanon Raider
Completely changes the context of Lando's line in ESB, "What did you do to my ship?"

I'd turn Han over to Vader no questions. Lando is the hero we need!

• 2Worf
  • 2Solidarity
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 4 users

The Edge

Lord Nagafen Raider
Completely changes the context of Lando's line in ESB, "What did you do to my ship?"

I'd turn Han over to Vader no questions. Lando is the hero we need!

How does that completely change the context? Seems to go right in line with the original statement.

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
Why does that han and chewie cover look like the start of a gay romance.

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
said chris pine wouldnt be a bad solo.

Chris Pine has a really mature look. Not age-wise, but just a maturity about him. That mature look jives with the OT cast, and the OT Solo, but doesn't jive with the Disney NT vision. The NT cast hasn't had a single mature character that I can name outside of Admiral SJW. OK I guess Oscar Isaac qualifies but the fact his character had to behave like an asshat in TLJ trounces it.

To highlight OT vs NT maturity. Check Leia versus Rey for example. Same ages, different maturity.

They insisted on this boyish industry insider hack for a reason, as part of the soymilked cum in Luke's face take on Star Wars. We can't even get serious antagonists in the NT-- never mind a serious anti-hero in Chris Pine. The fact L&M couldn't elicit a performance from this guy, in what is now confirmed to be a comedic movie, just doesn't bode well at all. You're some sort of mutant fuckup if L&M can't make you funny. As if Channing Tatum was some comedic genius prior to L&M's coaching and mentoring.

All eyes on Donald Glover it is!

Last edited:
  • 2Like
  • 1Picard

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
What's gonna make this dumpster fire really sad, is that it probably has the potential to be something awesome. I could easily get the fuck over all the fan boy issues. I don't give a shit if this clown looks like han or anything like that, just give me a good fucking movie.

They have the potential to do some fun stuff here. Avoid jedis and retarded shit, just make a fun movie with space stuff. Problem is we all know its going to be the exact same bullshit as always. Oooo Empire bad. Gotta steal from the empire, cause they have the evil and the moneys. And hey, Look at this women, she can be bad ass too. God, I can see it now. They probably will play it out like episode 5. Some romcom, just put chewbacca into the C3P0 roll of always awkwardly interrupting things. It'll be fucking hillarious.

For once in my life can I get something new. Fuck you star wars. I don't even need to see this dumpster fire to know what happens. All of the characters in these new movies are portrayed both as incredibly safe and incredibly flat. They're boring as fuck.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Harrison Ford's Contributions to Solo: A Star Wars Story - IGN

If you know the history of the Han Solo character and Ford's relationship with it, you'll get a kick out of this article. It's a real knee slapper and smacks of desperation by Kennedy.

In case you all weren't aware, she personally casted the lead actor herself, so she has a vested interest in making up outright falsehoods and revisions to history in order to sell him.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
On a lighter note, cool fluff piece here. Is this a warming via Ron Howard's relationship, or did Kennedy arrange the visit? We can only speculate.

George Lucas Contributed to a Solo: A Star Wars Story Scene - IGN

“He had intended to just kind of stop by and say hi, and he stayed five hours,” Kennedy said. “There’s even one little moment in a scene that — I can’t tell you what, sorry — but in the scene on the Millennium Falcon where George said, ‘Why doesn’t Han just do this.’”

This marks an end to George's self-imposed "no-contact" order on Star Wars productions. If things continue to warm up even further, I'd take it as a sign that Kennedy is considering more consulting work for George on future Star Wars movies. Which is a really good idea at this point-- because that storyboard committee ain't gon' hunt.

Royal

Ford having had a sit down with Ehrenreich is old news back from well before production began. Billy D. did the same with Glover. I don't know that Kennedy herself is solely the one who picked Ehrenreich either. He came with Spielberg's recommendation and I've no doubt that carried a lot of weight with her and she was likely the most important voice in the overall decision. But you can't ignore Lawrence Kasdan in any respect of how this movie was made. Her role in choosing him was likely signing off on the decision reached by Kasdan with Lord and Miller's input (they ran the casting process).

Last edited:

Royal

This marks an end to George's self-imposed "no-contact" order on Star Wars productions. If things continue to warm up even further, I'd take it as a sign that Kennedy is considering more consulting work for George on future Star Wars movies. Which is a really good idea at this point-- because that storyboard committee ain't gon' hunt.

Actually Rogue One would mark the end of it, if George giving direct input on set is how you're choosing to measure that. He visited the set while it was shooting and Edwards used a style of helmet for some of the stormtroopers on Jedha that George had picked out from the various designs. George did have good things to say about Rogue One after having seen it and not the left handed sort of compliment he gave TLJ either.

ohkcrlho

Silver Baronet of the Realm
On a lighter note, cool fluff piece here. Is this a warming via Ron Howard's relationship, or did Kennedy arrange the visit? We can only speculate.

George Lucas Contributed to a Solo: A Star Wars Story Scene - IGN

So kennedy is fucking that guy....got it.

Last edited:
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Ford having had a sit down with Ehrenreich is old news back from well before production began. Billy D. did the same with Glover. I don't know that Kennedy herself is solely the one who picked Ehrenreich either. He came with Spielberg's recommendation and I've no doubt that carried a lot of weight with her and she was likely the most important voice in the overall decision. But you can't ignore Lawrence Kasdan in any respect of how this movie was made. Her role in choosing him was likely signing off on the decision reached by Kasdan with Lord and Miller's imput (they ran the casting process).

I know its just speculation, but your accounting doesn't really jive with L&M's. Just comes right out with it and stops dancing around it. They were paying a lot of lip service, going through the motions, and then you can see him cringe and tap the mic off his face as he looks down. There is even some stuttering as he dares expose the whole fucking thing.