Solo: A Star Wars Story (2018)

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Royal

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures
I know its just speculation, but your accounting doesn't really jive with L&M's.

KK having chosen him before the casting process was carried out doesn't jive with it either, outside of retroactively applying some pre-chosen meaning to their body language.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
KK having chosen him before the casting process was carried out doesn't jive with it either, outside of retroactively applying some pre-chosen meaning to their body language.

With # 1 of 3,000 ultimately selected, L&M looking around would appear to have been optional. If it were any number other than 1. Any number. I'd probably see this whole debacle differently. But given the rumors of problems on set with performance, I just don't see L&M's hands on this one. It would likely be more Kasdan as you said. Ultimately Kennedy calls the shots and has all of the personal connections to the actor himself in this scenario. I'm not aware of Kasdan introducing this actor as # 1 of 3k to begin the process.

Royal

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures
Lawrence Kasdan isn't a limelight type of guy. In his interactions you quickly get the impression that he would rather do without the whole fan outreach business. He doesn't project much in the way of patience in interviews either.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Melvin

Blackwing Lair Raider
Disney's army of lawyers must be proactively seeking out new and innovative ways for Disney to stomp all over copyright laws.

Edit, or the original artist might not have actually read his contract with Sony before he did the work. That's not as interesting of a story though.

• 1Like

Angerz

Trakanon Raider
Disney's army of lawyers must be proactively seeking out new and innovative ways for Disney to stomp all over copyright laws.

Edit, or the original artist might not have actually read his contract with Sony before he did the work. That's not as interesting of a story though.

Yeah, my thought is the company that made the posters ripped off the artist and Disney had no idea, or Disney really liked them and bought them from Sony Music to use. I can't imagine Disney knowingly stole something that blatantly from Sony, since they probably own the artwork, as it was used on their albums.

• 1Solidarity

Siliconemelons

At first i was like, oh they ripped off a style - and at first your like, yeah, paper foreground cutout words colored scene filling in the letters...

but...the color hues AND font AND foreground color...

But I still bet it was all kosher between whomever owned what, duder just dont know it because, generally its not "his" and those who PAID him to make it are GTG... if you ever have done a copyright, you know one of the questions "Did you create this work for hire and for whom" etc etc

• 1Solidarity

gak

<Gold Donor>
This is like someone writing a book about "Larry Potter" and "Muggles" then someone writing a bunch of books and movies stolen from it- oh wait.

h.jpg

• 1Picard
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Ishad

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
  • 8Worf
Reactions: 7 users

Fadaar

That guy
Have they explicitly stated how long before ANH this takes place? Harrison Ford was only 34 when ANH came out, so assuming characters ages are roughly equal this can't take place much longer than 10 yrs prior to that. Also, Lando was wearing similar outfits in SW:Rebels (spoiler, he shows up in the show) which takes place I think 5 years prior so there's that.

Miguex

The lad himself
<Gold Donor>
No they haven't put an explicit time stamp on it, but from the trailers so far it definitely seems to take place in at least 2 time periods, and I've seen speculation that it may be three. Rumor is that its roughly 3-5 before ANH in whatever the later time period is.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Could stick a 9 inch in his hand and nobody would notice.

Other pickups off the poster are I'd say Clarke pegs him in this movie. Her knowing expression and posture look pretty deliberate.

• 1Worf

spronk

FPS noob
the spanish poster has guns on it the brazilian/portuguese one does not. it didn't change, just differences in country marketing

• 1SJW

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Look at this smarmy twat pickle. How am I suppose to buy that this faggot along with Khaleesi, and Woody from Cheers is Han Solo. They would of been better off with a full cast of no names and someone who was more rugged. #notmyhan

gallery-1498049688-young-han-solo.jpg

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users