Solo: A Star Wars Story (2018)

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
I still haven't seen this. Maybe I should download it.
its not heavyhanded SJW, its actually an entertaining film, L3-37 the robot was my favorite part. reminded me a little of Marvin in Hitchhiker's Guide To The Galaxy.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
what was kiddy about Luke witnessing the only parents he ever knew turned into smouldering skeletons? seriously?
89a974435b8d4c029dfb79f8cca67f80.jpg

C'mon. You chose the most extreme example from the OG trilogy. Compared to Rogue One - the darkest of all the SW films. Where all the main characters die.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
C'mon. You chose the most extreme example from the OG trilogy. Compared to Rogue One - the darkest of all the SW films. Where all the main characters die.
how about Leia's home planet getting BTFO in front of her eyes?
R4dNiC.gif

how about Lukes mentor killed?
HandsomePowerlessGallinule-size_restricted.gif

yoda!
GenuineHideousJuliabutterfly-max-1mb.gif

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
I still haven't seen this. Maybe I should download it.

This movie just got BTFO cuz of Last Jedi. Movie is decent and kind of disappointing we won't get a sequel. The Han Solo actor was passable, tbh there wasn't ever going to be an actor people were happy with.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
how about Leia's home planet getting BTFO in front of her eyes?
R4dNiC.gif

how about Lukes mentor killed?
HandsomePowerlessGallinule-size_restricted.gif

yoda!
GenuineHideousJuliabutterfly-max-1mb.gif

Only Obi Wan getting off'ed compares in any way. Who gives a fuck about a planet where we met absolutely zero of the people who live there? Zero emotional investment. Yoda just died because dude was old.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
This movie just got BTFO cuz of Last Jedi. Movie is decent and kind of disappointing we won't get a sequel. The Han Solo actor was passable, tbh there wasn't ever going to be an actor people were happy with.
when they had young Indy in the beginning of the Last crusade played by RIver Phoenix, i was completely fine with it.
maxresdefault.jpg

MV5BMDhlZDZhYWMtMTA3Yi00NGY2LWI0OGQtNjY2YjZmMTc2MWUxL2ltYWdlL2ltYWdlXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTEzNzczMA@@._V1_.jpg

he was young enough where he didnt have to look and act exactly like his older self because most people dont get that "done" look until they're in their late 20s early thirties.
although Harrison Ford does look pretty much like himself in high school.
young-harrison-ford-high-school-picture-photo-u1

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Only Obi Wan getting off'ed compares in any way. Who gives a fuck about a planet where we met absolutely zero of the people who live there? Zero emotional investment. Yoda just died because dude was old.
how about vader's last scene?
p9i1xK.gif

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Just watched this last night because I was bored. I enjoyed it for being a SW movie. Better than the other swill they released. I would put this one right behind Rogue One but way above the new main story movies.

I kind ow wish they would go all dark with these SW movies but that will never happen, you just have to accept that this franchise is pretty much meant for kids, and if you look at these movies through that lens, they do a good job.

I just think they would do better catering to the true SW fans, people like you and I, which saw the originals when we were kids. To be quite honest you would think that todays kids would give a shit, but just from what my kids (now teens) think of the entire SW thing, they could give 2 shits. Its not the same to them as it was to us back in the 80s.

Its just too cheesy even for todays kids. Which are used to other more "adult" action and other type films.

Good post. Current cast includes some very young candy faces as well.

Leia and Han weren't candy faces and had a certain maturity. Leia was fucking 19.

Luke while a kid was a bit of a hatchet face by the end of the series.

There's a lack of maturity in the current cast type by Disney.

Can't wait to see how they fuck up the only mature character they have left in Thrawn.

ohkcrlho

Silver Baronet of the Realm
The question is, who cares about any character in rogue one ? Lol

• 2Worf
  • 1Like

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I cared about K-2SO in the same way that you care about Chopper from Rebels because he has more kills then the rest of them combined.

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler

MCM is not an all female company. The lead engineer was a man. This is all information that can be found without great difficulty. But you're chuk, so I guess that's par for the course. Why don't you save this stupid shit for your circlejerks?

• 3Like
  • 1Salty
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 4 users

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Going to watch this tonight for the first time. Dealing with a horrid cold so ordered a pizza and will sit back, not drink, watch this and maybe catch up on some games.

• 1Like

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Ok I thought this was pretty good. Well, at least a shit ton better than last Jedi.

The guy that played Lando did fantastic.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
MCM is not an all female company. The lead engineer was a man. This is all information that can be found without great difficulty. But you're chuk, so I guess that's par for the course. Why don't you save this stupid shit for your circlejerks?

M’lady *tips fedora*

• 1EyeRoll
  • 1Like
  • 1Seriously?

Feanor

Karazhan Raider
After watching this I watched RLM's review. I side with Jay. This movie was garbage.

I337 bot was a funny piece of shit. Alden Ehrenreich registered as a cardboard standee yet for some reason unknown to me Ewan McGregor seemed right in the prequels. Not sure what it is but Ehrenreich sucked. The movie was boring, the action was fine while almost everything else was incredibly bad.

Parsecs, chewie's nickname, solo's surname. Fuck you. Lando was alright.

Cinematic Star Wars is one of the least detailed universes in science fiction. Shouldn't be as creatively bankrupt as it is, really. These people just keep doing the same shit over and over.

Rogue One and Last Jedi were better. Did not anticipate Solo to be so shitty.

• 1Like

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
I turned it off around the time they started the train heist. Shitty acting, horrible look to the movie, and a "who gives a fuck about any of this?" story.

Who the fuck wants to watch one of the worst actors in the history of cinema fail at being Han Solo? He made Emilia Clarke look like Daniel Day-Lewis

• 1Solidarity