South Park

SeanDoe1z1

They missed a hilarious window to have Bruce Jenner run over a confederate protest.........for shame. buckle up buckaroo.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
They missed a hilarious window to have Bruce Jenner run over a confederate protest.........for shame. buckle up buckaroo.
thats exactly what i was expecting, i understand that it was "too soon", but old southpark wouldnt have given a fuck, they also would have made a funny episode too.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
Eh, I liked it, not their best, but it seems the format is back to one off episodes and Cartman is back to being a manipulative asshole.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
good lord, this is worse than last week.

-edit
ok the amusement park scene was pretty funny. so its not worse than last week. stil pretty weak.
-final edit
went back to shit.

Last edited:

SeanDoe1z1

I had a coworker recently move to CO springs for a 50 % pay raise. He literally bought a house. It has been 6 months and he jumped ship to another job out of state due to the culture there (after 10 years at his previous position).

Any residents chime in, is this the next CA?

I work with someone who has S1/S2 south park originals on their desk signed by both Matt and Trey. I am jealous.

I will re watch the gay anime episode to get some context.

Njals

<Bronze Donator>
I always thought CO Springs was a religious nutjob place and not vegan granola nutjob place.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
I thought the Tweets were A+ but the preachy overtones they added were faggy and gay. I expected less SJW shit from these cunts.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
I thought the Tweets were A+ but the preachy overtones they added were faggy and gay. I expected less SJW shit from these cunts.

They don't know what to do. For the longest time counterculture was simply against the group in power, now that it's not so many comedians are rudderless. How much shitty comedy from '90-'15 was safe politically correct bullshit that was only edgy in that it was so formulaic you didn't think they could keep getting away with it?

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Doesn't this go back on them saying they weren't gonna do "Trump stuff" this season?

Anyway season sucks so far.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Don't care this shit was funny... the rest was garbage though

DKNqOXqXcAA3oUn.jpg:large

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Doesn't this go back on them saying they weren't gonna do "Trump stuff" this season?

Anyway season sucks so far.
i guess it was their little geeky joke by punking everyone into thinking they would move on. or they just aint got shit for material anymore and are just riding the edgy TDS wave. for a brief moment this episode they were mocking the TDS crowd during the amusement park scene, but its like they were afraid they would lose their street cred with the establishment and so went right back to virtue signalling over trump's tweets. it ended so stupid. i thought for sure cartman's GF was going to get run over by a distracted driver. nope

• 1Like

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
I don't recall any "SJW shit" in this episode. If you think making fun of Trumps blowhard tweets is the same as the Daily Show then you're just a partisan. I laughed quite a few times at this episode and I want to remind people that any time you agree with Chuk on a TV show you are automatically wrong.

• 2Like
  • 2Worf
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 5 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
I don't recall any "SJW shit" in this episode. If you think making fun of Trumps blowhard tweets is the same as the Daily Show then you're just a partisan. I laughed quite a few times at this episode and I want to remind people that any time you agree with Chuk on a TV show you are automatically wrong.
yes, the complete lack of anything funny in the first episode and most of this one is all my fault. its also my fault there is zero discussion about this show anymore. when i bumped this thread, it was sitting in the middle of page 2. nah. thats not because the show is trash now, its my fault!

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
They are doing too much social commentary rather than doing "South Park". With a brand new season they had the opportunity to drop the forced continuity and go back to what made the series great but now it feels like most of the episode is trying to shoehorn characters into forced roles / situations.

Doesn't matter what the content is the design is inherently flawed and Matt+Trey need to fix it.

• 1Like

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
Forced continuity? If that's another way of saying season long arc, I gotta ask what makes you say that about the first 2 episodes. Looks to me like they're going back to how it was when it was the most successful. There's always been some continuity. The important thing is that the main stories were completely different (white suremacist / alexa took err jerbs and rocket man / distracted driving)

The South Park I know and love was back in the latest episode. The tweets were fantastic. The jab at fidget spinners was pretty good (maybe because I know people with autistic children who told me the spinners helped their child). They clowned the fuck out of distracted driving people, but the best part of the DD story was when cartman said anyone talking about suicide was just looking for attention. I can see people getting their butts hurt over the end when they called all the distracted drivers 'presidents'. But you're being overly sensitive if that was you. That was nonsensical shit along the lines of the "boogers and cum" song at the end of the yelp episode. How ridiculous do they have to make a joke in order for you to recognize it's a joke?

• 1Solidarity

Chris

Potato del Grande
It was OK.

They don't know what to do. For the longest time counterculture was simply against the group in power, now that it's not so many comedians are rudderless. How much shitty comedy from '90-'15 was safe politically correct bullshit that was only edgy in that it was so formulaic you didn't think they could keep getting away with it?

Hit the nail on the head here. South Park was very close to the internet counter culture style of humour and targets for jokes, they even had an episode on why it was OK to call people faggots and very recent ones on safe spaces and transgender bathrooms. Trump's election clearly broke them somehow, the counter culture is actually pro Trump and they don't seem to be able to bring themselves to continue bashing SJW types now they are out of power.

I'm confused and dissapointed. I thought they'd be delighted with the current chaos and opportunities to attack both sides.

• 1Solidarity

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Forced continuity? If that's another way of saying season long arc, I gotta ask what makes you say that about the first 2 episodes. Looks to me like they're going back to how it was when it was the most successful. There's always been some continuity. The important thing is that the main stories were completely different (white suremacist / alexa took err jerbs and rocket man / distracted driving)

The South Park I know and love was back in the latest episode. The tweets were fantastic. The jab at fidget spinners was pretty good (maybe because I know people with autistic children who told me the spinners helped their child). They clowned the fuck out of distracted driving people, but the best part of the DD story was when cartman said anyone talking about suicide was just looking for attention. I can see people getting their butts hurt over the end when they called all the distracted drivers 'presidents'. But you're being overly sensitive if that was you. That was nonsensical shit along the lines of the "boogers and cum" song at the end of the yelp episode. How ridiculous do they have to make a joke in order for you to recognize it's a joke?
nothing you mentioned (cept the tweets) is current or funny. kids dont use those spinners anymore. they cant get rid of them now. stores that used to sell them 10-15 dollars now have them sitting in the bargain bin for a dollar and still nobody wants them.

Xevy

Log Wizard
nothing you mentioned (cept the tweets) is current or funny. kids dont use those spinners anymore. they cant get rid of them now. stores that used to sell them 10-15 dollars now have them sitting in the bargain bin for a dollar and still nobody wants them.

Ah yes, Chuck. Finger on the pulse of the modern trends!