Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse (2018)

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Synj

Dystopian Dreamer
<Gold Donor>
Took my son (5) to see this movie. He liked it for the Spider People and action and LOL’d at a few parts but he’s probably a bit young to take in the meatier concepts behind the movie. But he seemed to enjoy it well enough.

I really liked it more than I thought I would and I agree with Aldarion Aldarion re: diversity stuff.

I think I cried twice at the father/son dynamic. Fuck you, my dad just died.

Good movie!

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Kovaks

Mr. Poopybutthole
Took my five year old too, he loved it, but did have a little trouble going to sleep last night because he was scared kingpin would break through his wall and crush him to death.

• 4Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 4 users

Synj

Dystopian Dreamer
<Gold Donor>
Took my five year old too, he loved it, but did have a little trouble going to sleep last night because he was scared kingpin would break through his wall and crush him to death.

I’m laughing because kids are stupid!

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Larnix

Blackwing Lair Raider
I took my son and a buddy for his 6th birthday. We caught the first showing of the day and it was so much fun. The two of them had some funny comments during the show. My son has always been a sensitive kid with movies and shows. The uncle part had him sitting in my lap for a little bit. He gave me a big hug at the end. Feels good man!

For reference I took him to see the good dinosaur when he wasnt quite 3 yet and he was tearing up pretty hard at the beginning. It really got me because without knowing we went in the anniversary of the day my dad died. Feels bad man !

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

Synj

Dystopian Dreamer
<Gold Donor>
I took my son and a buddy for his 6th birthday. We caught the first showing of the day and it was so much fun. The two of them had some funny comments during the show. My son has always been a sensitive kid with movies and shows. The uncle part had him sitting in my lap for a little bit. He gave me a big hug at the end. Feels good man!

For reference I took him to see the good dinosaur when he wasnt quite 3 yet and he was tearing up pretty hard at the beginning. It really got me because without knowing we went in the anniversary of the day my dad died. Feels bad man !

Lol, I don’t remember which part but I think it was one of the big fights and my kiddo got a little scared and hopped on my lap as well.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Xevy

Log Wizard
Just saw it. Was pretty amazing. Not surprising when you realize it was Produced by Christopher Lord and Phil Miller (Deadpool, Zombieland, Last Man on Earth, etc). Really good humor. Some dark shit early on. Might shock little kids a bit.

TheOkapi

Molten Core Raider
Big fan. Worth seeing if you're a fan of Spiderman, though I felt like I should have had 3-D glasses for a lot of the background stuff in the begining. Mile's mom has a fantastic ass.

Leon

<Silver Donator>
Took my 2 boys to this. We all loved it. Fantastic movie.

Edit: i'm an IT nerd, i lol'ed hard at them struggling to insert the USB stick.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • 1Like

spronk

FPS noob
if you have an AMC near you they are gonna bring it back to the dolby theaters around oscars time

The_Black_Log Foler

Stock Pals Senior Vice President
<Gold Donor>
Thought it was cool but gimmicky. Storyline was meh.

If they could afford it, doing this style of art in a TV series based on the comics would be dope.

As for this movie it gets a solid 3/10 from Big Foler.

• 2EyeRoll
  • 2Picard
  • 2Dislike
Reactions: 5 users

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
I had no intention of watching this but went on a whim with my neighbor. Our boys are both four. They were off/on the whole time which is typical with movies with real stories.

Anyways I went in expecting it to be goofy/stupid and was surprised and impressed. Visuals were great and the story was good.

• 1Like

Fucker

Log Wizard
This one flew completely under my radar until it won an Oscar. I wondered how an animated hero movie could pull so many accolades until I saw it. Holy christ! It's a CGeyegasm of the highest order. I loved all the Spideys in one film, and Miles is a great addition.

More! Gimme more!

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
This is a fantastic movie. I want the next Spider-Man game for Playstation to be in this style and feature Miles or a younger Spidey.

• 2Like

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
I'm still annoyed that they aren't releasing the 3D version of this movie in US or UK markets. It's going to Australia, so I need to find out if their version will play on US bluray players.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
This movie is fucking incredible. Best Spider-Man movie to-date. By the end of it, it really had me wishing they'd start doing all the Marvel movies in this art-style, as it allows a shitload more creative freedom.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
Finally watched this and it was totally amazing. The wife and kids laughed through the whole thing as well.

The multitude of art styles used was so clever. They really knocked it out of the park.

• 3Solidarity
  • 3Like
Reactions: 5 users