Spider-Man: No Way Home (2021)

Miguex

The lad himself
<Gold Donor>
I watched it a second time today since we have a lot of family over so taking kids and stuff in shifts. Its still good but not honestly as rewatchable, the great parts of the movie are the cool surprises and they aren't as interesting a second time. I haven't rewatched any of the Spider-man movies and I think this one will fall into that pile of MCU movies that I like, but don't really put into any sort of rotation.
agree to disagree but I'm not too proud to admit I was a leaky faucet from my eyes for almost the entire last hour+ of this movie once the shit starts hitting the fan in Happy's condo on my second viewing. A friend at work put it really well. This movie hits you in the tears in the eyes emotion with sadness, happiness, joy, and "I can't fucking believe this is happening" feels more than any movie I can remember outside of IW and maybe Endgame. Even for a Star Wars devotee like me. I think I was just too stunned by the sheer awesomeness to be as emo on opening night.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Case in point the basis for which characters were being pulled into this universe being what it was, how did the character in the first post credit scene get there?
in that scene in venom 2, venom specifically tells Eddie that his race is multi-dimensional and that if he shared that knowledge with him it would destroy his tiny little mind. As SOON as he does share that with Eddie, he gets pulled into the mcu.

In the comics, we find out the same thing, that the symbiote race is multi-dimensional and is able to somewhat communicate between universes.

So even though THIS venom doesn't know anything about Peter Parker/Spider-Man, Topher grace's venom does. It's possible that this is why a part of venom stayed behind. Since the symbiote race got it's powers from a full on deity, and because they share knowledge on such a cosmic level, maybe strange wasn't able to FULLY effect the symbiotes. /Shrug

The real issue is electro as he never finds out who spiderman is in his movie, as well as saying he thought Spider-Man was black. I guess it's possible that he is able to reconstitute himself after the movie ends (or is a variant) and finds out that Peter is Spider-Man without ever SEEING peter... But a lot of outside explanation has to happen for it to make any sense so I don't like that answer.

Zweischneid

Molten Core Raider
Tom-Hardy-Venom still doesn't make sense. Assuming he shares the "Sony-Villain"-verse with Morbius (given Morbius's "I am Venom" joke) and Morbius is in the same universe as "Homecoming-Vulture", Venom wouldn't have to jump universes to get there in the first place? Or being pulled "somewhere", wouldn't be in the "Sony-Spiderman-Villain-verse" (which the Morbius-trailer implies to just straight-up by the MCU, no multi-verse needed) anymore?

Last edited:

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Tom-Hardy-Venom still doesn't make sense. Assuming he shares the "Sony-Villain"-verse with Morbius (given Morbius's "I am Venom" joke) and Morbius is in the same universe as "Homecoming-Vulture", Venom wouldn't have to jump universes to get there in the first place? Or being pulled "somewhere", wouldn't be in the "Sony-Spiderman-Villain-verse" (which the Morbius-trailer implies to just straight-up by the MCU, no multi-verse needed) anymore?
yeah, we'll have to see how morbius explains that, if at all. he knows about venom and has a conversation with the vulture. that shouldn't really be possible. as far as venom goes... spoilers probably...

both venom 2 and no way home show venom moving from one place to another, so it's pretty fair to assume he's moving from his own universe to another universe and then back again. the issue, i think, is trying to figure it out without having seen morbius, since that seems to be what's causing the problem.

TheNozz

Ssraeszha Raider
one nitpick re: the major central hook of the movie

Electro didn't know Peter Parker was Spider-man, in fact they use it as a miles morales easter egg, "I thought you were black". Electro shouldn't have been pulled into Tom Holland's universe, right?

re: Venom, I think imo they foreshadowed hard that Ned will merge with microVenom. They made a big deal of Maguire's spidey revealing that his best friend tried to kill him, and Ned telling Peter that he'll never betray him. The other option would be MJ.

I watched it a second time today since we have a lot of family over so taking kids and stuff in shifts. Its still good but not honestly as rewatchable, the great parts of the movie are the cool surprises and they aren't as interesting a second time. I haven't rewatched any of the Spider-man movies and I think this one will fall into that pile of MCU movies that I like, but don't really put into any sort of rotation.

Whereas Captain America, IM1, GOTG1, Thor 3 or really any of the Avengers movies I could rewatch over and over.
I’m thinking it’s more likely that

the piece of the symbiotie seeks out the MCU version of Brock, who will likely have had his life “ruined” by Holland Spidey

Angerz

Trakanon Raider

I am interested to see how Morbius works, with the trailer having both the Venom tie-ins, plus the Spider-Man posters with "murderer" scrawled over them and the presence of Vulture.

My personal hope is the movie is just some weird shit where act 1 is him becoming the Vampire man, act 2-3 is him doing weird shit in the MCU, then getting sucked home, rendering it all pointless.

McFly

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
9.5/10 (I'm even tempted to give it a 10)

If you're a Spiderman fan. You will love this.

• 5Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 5 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
9.5/10 (I'm even tempted to give it a 10)

If you're a Spiderman fan. You will love this.
Its easily a ten as far as superhero movies go. Batman 89, Donner`s Superman 1 & 2, Raimi`s Spidey 2 , Russo bros MCU films and Nolan`s Batman 2 all rank 10s.

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Sevens

Log Wizard
Its easily a ten as far as superhero movies go. Batman 89, Donner`s Superman 1 & 2, Raimi`s Spidey 2 , Russo bros MCU films and Nolan`s Batman 2 all rank 10s.
You forgot Black Panther and Captain Marvel in your list of 10s...
I kid I kid

• 5Worf
  • 2Direct to DVD
Reactions: 6 users

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
You forgot Black Panther and Captain Marvel in your list of 10s...
I kid I kid

Honestly Black Panther wasn't a bad movie in general it was just a generic super hero movie but all the American Inventors chimping at each other is what ruined it. First Black Superhero is such an insult to all the black superheros that came before. Honestly Wesley Snipes should of been pissed but there are so many American Inventor superhero movies here are just a few.

MV5BMTVjOWZmYzQtMDU4YS00ODYwLWJkNTAtMTU4YWI1Mjg1YzYxXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNDQ0MTYzMDA%2540._V1_UY1200_CR82%252C0%252C630%252C1200_AL_.jpg

collage.jpg

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Honestly Black Panther wasn't a bad movie in general it was just a generic super hero movie but all the American Inventors chimping at each other is what ruined it. First Black Superhero is such an insult to all the black superheros that came before. Honestly Wesley Snipes should of been pissed but there are so many American Inventor superhero movies here are just a few.

MV5BMTVjOWZmYzQtMDU4YS00ODYwLWJkNTAtMTU4YWI1Mjg1YzYxXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNDQ0MTYzMDA%2540._V1_UY1200_CR82%252C0%252C630%252C1200_AL_.jpg

collage.jpg
pretty sure John Shaft was the first.
51zyjRK2aQL._AC_.jpg

• 2Like
  • 1Worf

rhinohelix

<Gold Donor>
Just got back from seeing this in the Theater: Wow. That was amazing and poignant with a few nitpicks but nothing the god of movie narratives wouldn't let you into heaven for.

Heartbreakingly bittersweet and somehow is the best of possible Spiderman endings. So many Easter eggs. SO MANY GREAT SPIDERMEN MOMENTS. All of the characters, heroes and villains were so good. Mini-Endgame, indeed. This also feels like the setup for a potential MCU divorce for Peter Parker/Spiderman back to Sony.

Brad2770

This also feels like the setup for a potential MCU divorce for Peter Parker/Spiderman back to Sony.

I thought the same thing, but tying the movies into the MCU, I don’t think it will be a full on divorce. Too much money to be had at this point and Disney/Sony knows it. Pretty sure they will work together again.

I saw this tonight. Not going to parrot things I think about the movie that had already been said, other than:

This felt like the first real comic book movie I have seen in a long time. I can’t quite place my finger on it, but it had a very genuine comic book feel to it. This was a fantastic movie.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Just got back from seeing this in the Theater: Wow. That was amazing and poignant with a few nitpicks but nothing the god of movie narratives wouldn't let you into heaven for.

Heartbreakingly bittersweet and somehow is the best of possible Spiderman endings. So many Easter eggs. SO MANY GREAT SPIDERMEN MOMENTS. All of the characters, heroes and villains were so good. Mini-Endgame, indeed. This also feels like the setup for a potential MCU divorce for Peter Parker/Spiderman back to Sony.

Last month, Pascal, perhaps prematurely, said that Sony and Disney are going to collaborate on three more “Spider-Man” movies. But in a new interview Friday with the New York Times, Pascal clarified her comments.
“We’re producers, so we always believe everything will work out,” Pascal said. “I love working with Kevin. We have a great partnership, along with Tom Rothman, who runs Sony and has been instrumental, a great leader with great ideas. I hope it lasts forever.”

Feige weighed in and confirmed the fourth “Spider-Man” movies is in the works.

Feige said: “Amy and I and Disney and Sony are talking about — yes, we’re actively beginning to develop where the story heads next, which I only say outright because I don’t want fans to go through any separation trauma like what happened after ‘Far From Home‘ That will not be occurring this time.”

• 4Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

Brad2770

And since there was a gator Loki, I’m looking forward to Spider-Ham

• 1Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users