Spider-Man: No Way Home (2021)

Zweischneid

Molten Core Raider
Don't get it. Holland and Zendaya (and Cumberbatch) still have great screen presence, but the rest was just clumsy nostalgia-peddling full of giant plot holes and inconsistencies wrapped up with pathetic deus ex story-conveniences.

• 3Edgelord
  • 1Salty
Reactions: 3 users

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
Nice back joke for Tobey.

So to understand the entire movie, you had to have watched Loki, WandaVision and What If. I can't believe they incorporated What If into Multiverse of Madness.

Who were "they" that were trying to break through? Kangs?

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I don't remember The Punisher letting a pedo go in the series, but I could be wrong. That said, The Punisher series could be a bit slow at times, but other than that, it was f'n great.

So this is what I referenced. Again haven’t watched it. Also saw it referenced in a thread here.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

fris

Vyemm Raider
Nice back joke for Tobey.

So to understand the entire movie, you had to have watched Loki, WandaVision and What If. I can't believe they incorporated What If into Multiverse of Madness.

Who were "they" that were trying to break through? Kangs?

"They" looked like Spiderman nemesis, pretty sure I saw a rhino. If not, i assume the typical demons that can come through anytime strange uses his magic

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Sevens

Log Wizard
"They" looked like Spiderman nemesis, pretty sure I saw a rhino. If not, i assume the typical demons that can come through anytime strange uses his magic
Yeah, lots of people saying they saw a guy with a spear (Kraven), a Vemon style monster, a man with tentacles (a different Doc Ock)

• 1Like

Pogi.G

I definitely saw Rhino coming through. I haven't watched What if? yet, so I assume that I will need to catch up with that before Dr. Strange 2.

Homsar

I have no idea where this is comming from, i think the girls with the group didnt even remember the
Dr strange movie and loved this. I tried to forget the terrible spiderman 3 and amazing spiderman movies and was successful until watching clips of them after seeing this. As long as you know of the other spiderman films and Dr strange youre good. Those are just masive easter eggs. Its like asking someone to read comics before going into every marvel movie

• 1Like

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
I have no idea where this is comming from, i think the girls with the group didnt even remember the
Dr strange movie and loved this. I tried to forget the terrible spiderman 3 and amazing spiderman movies and was successful until watching clips of them after seeing this. As long as you know of the other spiderman films and Dr strange youre good. Those are just masive easter eggs. Its like asking someone to read comics before going into every marvel movie
I meant for where the story is going, and Multiverse of Madness. I can't believe they tied a cartoon to the movie like that, you could tell in the audience there were people whose mind was blown, and others that were clueless.

j00t

as much as i'd love what if strange to be in strange 2, the what if episodes that he was in seem to make that impossible, also what if strange clearly had some questionable behavior, he isn't a villain.

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
I meant for where the story is going, and Multiverse of Madness. I can't believe they tied a cartoon to the movie like that, you could tell in the audience there were people whose mind was blown, and others that were clueless.
And when we get to that story there will be 2-3 lines or a scene to set the table for enthusiasts and newcomes alike to explain what's going on like any other movie that leverages prior content. There's nothing required about it, and the 'cartoon' was always said to be canon to the MCU - characters resurfacing from it are not a surprise.

Even this movie, there was nothing required beforehand. Strange is a wizard w/ magic, they are alternative Spider-men and they are bad guys from other dimensions - it all still holds up just fine. Now someone who's seen everything else has heaps more context, nostalgia, angst, whatever for these characters, and the movie provides the runway for those investments to pay off - but again nothing is or should be required to understand. They established everything that was paid off... Garfield losing his love (and redemption), Toby's loss of Ben and coming back to that with the Goblin fight, etc. It's what good movies do, and is in part why this is so good.

Last edited:

Homsar

Tobys spiderman explaining not having cartridges was great. I remember my super nerd friends pissed off that he was able to make his own webs when the original came out

• 1Like

TheNozz

Ssraeszha Raider
My only real nitpicks

If Aunt May dying is this universe’s version of Uncle Ben dying, it should have been a result of a selfish action of Spider-Man, not because he was going out of his way to help Green Goblin

Venom returning to his universe before ever encountering Spider-Man, even the fact that a spawn/piece was left behind as a setup

BrellWatcher

Trakanon Raider
I definitely saw Rhino coming through. I haven't watched What if? yet, so I assume that I will need to catch up with that before Dr. Strange 2.
Strange stated it was every person in every multiverse that knew Peter Parker was spiderman.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

gak

<Gold Donor>
w.jpg

"Actor Tom Holland says he hopes the future of the Spider-Man franchise would include a more “diverse” background or sexuality, including “a Spider-Gwen or a Spider-Woman” version of the web-slinging super hero."

Tom Holland, the London-born Spider-Man: No Way Home star, 25, told People the time has come for a different face to don the Spider-Man persona, repeating his appeal for change that first came in June when he said he backed a “gay Spider-Man,” adding the Marvel universe needs more racially diverse characters besides “straight white guys.”

'Spider-Man' Star Tom Holland: 'It'd Be Nice to See Something Different' than White, Male Spider-Man

I'm sure he goes to black/brown/yellow countries and calls for the end of black/brown/yellow characters...

b.jpg

• 1Picard

Homsar

My only real nitpicks

If Aunt May dying is this universe’s version of Uncle Ben dying, it should have been a result of a selfish action of Spider-Man, not because he was going out of his way to help Green Goblin

Venom returning to his universe before ever encountering Spider-Man, even the fact that a spawn/piece was left behind as a setup
i didnt mind the aunt may thing but the symbiote not leaving is a big plot hole. Then again it might have made a reference in the venom movie when it talked about everywhere its been and how Brock has no idea

This kinda covers that loop hole

Last edited:

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Don't get it. Holland and Zendaya (and Cumberbatch) still have great screen presence, but the rest was just clumsy nostalgia-peddling full of giant plot holes and inconsistencies wrapped up with pathetic deus ex story-conveniences.

Welcome to comic books you fucking faggot.

Movie was entertaining and fun to watch, nobody is pretending it's Lord of the Fucking Rings go eat a bag of pickled baby dicks.

• 2Like

ShakyJake

<Donor>
Has anyone mentioned the plot hole that a memory wipe wouldn't do jack shit about prior news headlines and recorded video?

Pogi.G

View attachment 388977

"Actor Tom Holland says he hopes the future of the Spider-Man franchise would include a more “diverse” background or sexuality, including “a Spider-Gwen or a Spider-Woman” version of the web-slinging super hero."

Tom Holland, the London-born Spider-Man: No Way Home star, 25, told People the time has come for a different face to don the Spider-Man persona, repeating his appeal for change that first came in June when he said he backed a “gay Spider-Man,” adding the Marvel universe needs more racially diverse characters besides “straight white guys.”

'Spider-Man' Star Tom Holland: 'It'd Be Nice to See Something Different' than White, Male Spider-Man

I'm sure he goes to black/brown/yellow countries and calls for the end of black/brown/yellow characters...

View attachment 388978

Thanks Tom Holland, you've ruined spiderman. Ye had a good run...

Coming in 2023. Marvel's "Spider-Person, POCs Revenge"