Spider-Man: No Way Home (2021)

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor

Just saw this, have to agree with this review completely. Have a feeling this movie is absolutely going to fucking crush it at the box office. I haven't heard buzz for a movie at my office of boomer-cynical jaded fucks since IW, but everyone is talking about this movie.

I hope this does better than IW/Endgame so Marvel and Disney get the fucking message that people are hungry for this kind of story. I think everyone is just so exhausted by the endless cynicism, condescension and hollow, niche, dogmatic virtue that something that extols more universal, old fashioned morality, as simple as it is--is a breath of fucking fresh air.

Last edited:
  • 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
View attachment 388977

"Actor Tom Holland says he hopes the future of the Spider-Man franchise would include a more “diverse” background or sexuality, including “a Spider-Gwen or a Spider-Woman” version of the web-slinging super hero."

Tom Holland, the London-born Spider-Man: No Way Home star, 25, told People the time has come for a different face to don the Spider-Man persona, repeating his appeal for change that first came in June when he said he backed a “gay Spider-Man,” adding the Marvel universe needs more racially diverse characters besides “straight white guys.”

'Spider-Man' Star Tom Holland: 'It'd Be Nice to See Something Different' than White, Male Spider-Man

I'm sure he goes to black/brown/yellow countries and calls for the end of black/brown/yellow characters...

View attachment 388978
actors are a bunch of virtue signalling faggots. let him suck all the cocks, as long as they keep making Spidey movies like this, its all good.

Sterling

El Presidente
actors are just random weird living in a sheltered bubble people so it's not really shocking that they end up with a strange world view. I also like sports and I don't really give a fuck what any athlete thinks about non sports things either. as long as they're doing good work I don't really care about their personal bullshit.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

amigo

Lord Nagafen Raider
Thanos should bitchslap that faggot back to Earth 2021 where Marvel has been losing $$$ the entire year by doing just that.
And when they and DC finally delivered a 99% SJW free movie guess what happened?

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
its probably going to top a billion by this weekend.
The Sony movie, made in partnership with Disney’s Marvel Studios, grossed a staggering $600.8 million in its worldwide debut, including a weekend launch of $260 million in the U.S. and Canada and $340.8 million from elsewhere, per Sony numbers released Monday morning.

If all goes as planned, the film will be the first title in two years to clear the $1 billion mark at the global box office by the end of its run. Another tidbit: Nine out of every 10 moviegoers turned out to watch the web-slinger, according to analytics firm EntTelligence.

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Thanks Tom Holland, you've ruined spiderman. Ye had a good run...

Coming in 2023. Marvel's "Spider-Person, POCs Revenge"
Meh. He's also telegraphing Miles Morales showing up. Which is probably his replacement after the next trilogy.

Cybsled

There is literally a line in the movie where they tease Miles Morales

• 3Like

Angerz

Trakanon Raider
Meh. He's also telegraphing Miles Morales showing up. Which is probably his replacement after the next trilogy.
He also works for Sony, who have another Spider-Man series that is incredibly successful and well received that already has Miles and Spider-Gwen, and will add Oscar Isasc for the second (and presumably third) installment.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
For me, the best Spider-Man movie to date.

For me, there were so many great things in the movie but when I tell you, I fucking died when

When Osborn said "Peter, do you need help with that? I'm something of a scientist myself"

Great call back and internet culture reference.

• 5Solidarity
  • 4Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 9 users

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
For me, the best Spider-Man movie to date.

For me, there were so many great things in the movie but when I tell you, I fucking died when

When Osborn said "Peter, do you need help with that? I'm something of a scientist myself"

Great call back and internet culture reference.

Yeah that line made me laugh more than anyone else in the theater and I felt awkward that I was the only one who laughed so audibly.

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
Yeah that line made me laugh more than anyone else in the theater and I felt awkward that I was the only one who laughed so audibly.
Man, same. There were like two chuckles (early Monday morning viewing there were maybe 30 people in the theater) but I audibly was laughing my ass off for a good 10/15 seconds. Awkward for sure but whatever, I loved it. 😂

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Like

spronk

FPS noob
theater was 60% packed at a 10am added 3D XD screening at the theater closest to me, wife wants to see the movie tomorrow but she tends to flake out a lot when it comes to action movies so I snuck out today just in case, happy to see it a second time.

this movie is gonna crush though, pretty much every evening premium screen is sold out for the rest of this week at my local theaters, and I have a feeling the afternoon screenings are gonna be packed too with kids out. Enjoyable movie, maybe a bit member-berries heavy but I liked it. Should be fun reading through this thread and spoiler talks and go back a second time tomorrow and see if I pick up anything, it doesn't really feel like the movie is that complicated or easter-eggy but I'm kinda dumb when it comes to that stuff.

3D not really worth it, nothing particularly impressive and I think a dolby or imax screen tomorrow will be slightly better. Matrix opens today too, when I walked out the matrix theater with the movie starting in 2 mins had only 4 people, lol. To be fair its showing on HBO max tonight or tomorrow too

• 1Like

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Thanks Tom Holland, you've ruined spiderman. Ye had a good run...

Coming in 2023. Marvel's "Spider-Person, POCs Revenge"

Man I kind of hope when they do Miles Morales they make him a gay fag tranbo to be inclusive. The first black Spidey being a big fag dick chopper would represents the blacks, they would love it.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Man I kind of hope when they do Miles Morales they make him a gay fag tranbo to be inclusive. The first black Spidey being a big fag dick chopper would represents the blacks, they would love it.
They can get Jussie!

• 1Worf

Pogi.G

Silver Baronet of the Realm
You're probably right. Only then the new trilogy would be Spider-They vs The Miss Genderer Saga.

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
Just finished up and loved it! I thought every actor gave their best performance. I thought Dafoe for the amount of screen time was extremely good. Nearly felt like a Joker-esque performance.

Looking forward to the payoffs from this film. Nothing felt forced which was my fear. Fairly well balanced. Maybe just a little less comedy in some parts but didn’t really bother me. That would be my nitpick.

Its a top tier movie for sure. Just curious how they’ll be able to pace the introductions and resolutions of Venom, Sinister Six villains, and whatever else comes their way. So much going on with the MCU but I’m willing to take 10 years to roll it out like the first saga.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
Oh also, what really set the pace of enjoyment right you of the gate for me was...

seeing Charlie Cox playing Matt Murdock

I was hooked from that moment on.

• 6Like
Reactions: 5 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Just finished up and loved it! I thought every actor gave their best performance. I thought Dafoe for the amount of screen time was extremely good. Nearly felt like a Joker-esque performance.

Looking forward to the payoffs from this film. Nothing felt forced which was my fear. Fairly well balanced. Maybe just a little less comedy in some parts but didn’t really bother me. That would be my nitpick.

Its a top tier movie for sure. Just curious how they’ll be able to pace the introductions and resolutions of Venom, Sinister Six villains, and whatever else comes their way. So much going on with the MCU but I’m willing to take 10 years to roll it out like the first saga.
Molina and Dafoe always knock that shit out of the park. Raimi's Spidey 2 Molina was also excellent and that was my favorite Spidey movie up until this one. i can say the MCU has a lot to overcome after this movie. if they cant build on this and cut the crap out of their future movies, then they deserve every bit of failure. its sad times when fucking Sony knows how to make superhero movies right and this time its Marvel that is in a shit spiral.

• 1Solidarity