Sports Entertainment

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
Chair shots to the head are stupid. I hope that’s not a normal thing because I’ve absolutely zero interest in that.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Armadon

<Bronze Donator>
Moxley death match is pretty crazy. These 2 guys just don't give a shit about their bodies.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
Deathmatches are dumb in my opinion. I mean it's their bodies and their life I guess but I don't like encouraging that sorta match personally.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Deathmatches are dumb in my opinion. I mean it's their bodies and their life I guess but I don't like encouraging that sorta match personally.

A while ago the folks at OSW Review covered the old 1995 King of the Deathmatch tournament that Mick Foley won beating Terry Funk in the finals.

It's three Irishmen just watching the whole thing and commenting on it so that may already not be your bag but I don't think of of the matches are even entertaining outside of Foley/Funk and even then that one not so much.

Chris

Potato del Grande
Last three matches were great again. I liked the women's match too but I wanted magical girl to win instead, those girls are tiny compared to the Japanese women in WWE.

I was really worried that Moxley would be missing the G1 when the barbed wire came out. He had a normal entrance which was weird, he did the Shield entrance in NJPW which I like.

I read the chairshot to the head as Tye Dillimger thinking that ex-WWE guys can beat people up after matches and get popular, but he went way too far with an actual dangerous move. Seems like emotional stories are Cody's strength and they are playing to that, because otherwise he's just doing WWE chinlock style.

What's the deal with SCU? I don't really like their BTE segments and they are decent in the ring but the other tag teams are amazing, why are they so prominent? I can't say I even understand their gimmick.

Armadon

<Bronze Donator>
I'm indifferent when it comes to the hard core matches. To wrestlers it's the ultimate way to show how much pain you can take. If they do it every few years then I'm cool with that. If they do it once month then I'll probably stop watching.

Armadon

<Bronze Donator>
I also think AEW is trying to be different then WWE so they are going to do some crazy shit that makes us cringe. I just hope trying to be so different isn't their downfall.

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
i've honestly never enjoyed death matches. professional wrestling is fun because it's high impact absurdity. no where else are you going to see 15 different kinds of suplexes, high rope shenanigans and creatively entangled submission holds. i don't like mma because it's just modern gladiatorial combat. i mean, i'm not going to rag on anyone for liking it, it's just not my thing.

Chris

Potato del Grande
Raw is a noticeable upgrade tonight.
Yeah, don't know why they haven't been doing this all along. They have the roster to not need 20-30 minute filler promos and have new matches every week.

The finishing a match with an interruption before a commercial break then after the break it's now a restarted match maybe with more people is a little dumb and could get predictable, but it's telling the story in the ring so I'll give it the benefit of the doubt.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
I’m assuming it’s due to a combination of Paul running TV and Bruce being there too. Tonight was the first show Paul was heading up.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user