Sports Entertainment

Chris

Potato del Grande
On the Kevin Nash thing, Bischoff did an interview talking about it where he thought it was just him bsing, but apparently Nash had some issues due to his father dying of a heart attack that anytime he had heartburn or any sort of chest twinge of any kind, he always reacted to it as if he needed to get it checked out and was legit at the hospital getting tests done that night.
Kevin Nash definitely has some issues.

0_Kevin-Nash.png

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
As someone who attended Starrcade '97 and the Monday Nitro the night after, it was a complete fuck up on their part not to just have Sting go over clean. That and the whole undercard was pretty damn weak other than Eddie v Malenko and DDP winning the US Title.

Starrcade was pretty much a two-match show, which makes the insane buyrate even more impressive.

And then one of those two matches (Nash/Giant) gets cancelled mid-show and moved to the following month's PPV, which didn't have a title match.

Yeah, Starrcade itself was pretty bad. The main event basically WAS the show and it was your usual weak Hogan match.

Something I never see anybody talk about: Not only did Hogan pin Sting for 3... even after the match was re-started and Sting put Hogan in the Deathlock, Hogan NEVER TAPPED. It looks like Bret just rang the bell on him.

So Hogan got DOUBLE screwed. And they acknowledged none of this and pretended there was a fast count and that he tapped. Whole thing was so bizarre.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Kevin Nash definitely has some issues.

View attachment 429328

I wonder what the story here is. This is the first I've heard anything about it. In 1992 I don't think he was in the WWF yet. He was still 7 feet tall and could probably beat anybody up. I'm trying to figure this one out. Anyone have more insight?

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Ospreay is a video game character.

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Needless

Toe Sucker
I wonder what the story here is. This is the first I've heard anything about it. In 1992 I don't think he was in the WWF yet. He was still 7 feet tall and could probably beat anybody up. I'm trying to figure this one out. Anyone have more insight?
It's a 4chan meme thats been going on for a long time, he addressed it like 2 days ago on a podcast finally and played along with it lmao

• 1Worf

Needless

Toe Sucker
Theres no reaction for me to express how fucking hilarious it is to see that absolute shitter and rosa get buried in one night

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Araxen

I don't get the love for Thunder Rosa at all. She's horrendous on the mic. She's decent in the ring, and that's about it. Britt is mediocre in the ring, but is amazing on the mic.

I was watching this the other day, and thought to myself where is this Toni Storm? Someone needs to have a talk with her, and tell her to be herself.

• 1Like

Needless

Toe Sucker
Rosa was pretty decent prior to AEW, not great but idk lol shes real fucking bad in AEW
I'm hoping they bring toni over to japan for the new IWGP Womens belt, her versus mayu iwatani would be a very fun throwback if you followed stardom at all and they already confirmed theres 3 international women competing

Chris

Potato del Grande
Theres no reaction for me to express how fucking hilarious it is to see that absolute shitter and rosa get buried in one night
Seems like Punk isn't cleared for All Out so they needed an excuse to get rid of him, as "Interim Champion" can only go on so long and squashing him on a hometown PPV would go down badly.

Thunder Rosa should just relinquish, annoyed to see another Interim Champion, it's shit.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Seems like Punk isn't cleared for All Out so they needed an excuse to get rid of him, as "Interim Champion" can only go on so long and squashing him on a hometown PPV would go down badly.

Thunder Rosa should just relinquish, annoyed to see another Interim Champion, it's shit.

Interim champion is way better than vacating the title. Title vacates break the lineage, and...well, ask WCW how well that goes.

AEW seems absolutely snakebit this year. Hangman kinda flopped as champion, Rosa has flopped as champion. Injury after injury to major players.

Britt and Hayter being the top two women is the long-game but I think Toni Storm wins the title next.

One thing is for sure, this fall is crucial with the TV renegotiating going on. Gotta get the ratings up.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Sammy Guevara just wrote a multi-paragraph dissertation on a backstage issue with Eddie that the company kept quiet for a month.

...and NEWWW NXT Champion, Sammy Guevara!

Edit: Now he's being hauled into a meeting with TK, Megha Parekh, and Pat Buck. Wouldn't be surprised if he really is gone soon. Main thing going for him is that he's with Tay and they don't want to lose her

Last edited:

Araxen

Praying for Ospreay vs Kenny at Wrestle Kingdom!! This is my feud of the year if it happens at Wrestle Kingdom. It's perfectly woven.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Praying for Ospreay vs Kenny at Wrestle Kingdom!! This is my feud of the year if it happens at Wrestle Kingdom. It's perfectly woven.

I'd like to see more of Kenny vs Ospreay too. They're a couple of hosses who look like they legitimately want to kick each other's asses. It's hard to describe, but it's got a certain dynamic I haven't really seen in a feud since Rock and Austin's various run-ins. There's a little respect there but a lot more pride.

Them fighting at AEW Revolution is a very likely possibility as well