Spring 2015 Anime Thread

Kovaks

Mr. Poopybutthole
So I have watched/am watching the below shows, trying to find some other shows to watch...will list some newer and older stuff.

Shokugeki
Beyond the Boundary
Parasyte
No Game No Life
Is It Wrong to Try...
Xam'd
Ergo Proxy
Attack on Titan
Darker Than Black
Eureka 7

Obviously enjoyed staples like Bebop and Trigun, I just got back into watching again and got a sub to Crunchy Roll.

But anyway, any recommendations would be great.n
ThanksNot sure how long you have been out but if you like bebop then try samurai champloo. I also really enjoyed high school of the dead and sword art online reacently.

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Shokugeki no Soma is just a damn great show. Look forward to it more than any other by far.

Fadaar

That guy
Other recommended Crunchy shows:

Blast of Tempest
Btooom
Blue Exorcist
Chaika - The Coffin Princess
Fate/Zero (I would advise watching Fate/Stay Night 2006 -> Fate/Zero -> F/SN Unlimited Blade Works route)
Hunter x Hunter 2011
The Irregular at the Magic School

If you don't mind ads there's alsoWatch Anime Shows Online | Hulu
From your list I'd hit really suggest the dub of Fate/Zero on Netflix. It's really good for a dub and Iskander is the best character in the history of ever. Of the rest of the shows you listed only ones I've seen are Chaika and Irregular, both of which are good. Irregular starts out incredibly slow but you really need to stick with it, by the end you'll be sitting there staring at the screen thinking "Tatsuya OP!" over and over. Trust me on that one. Chaika isn't the best of shows but it's entertaining and the characters are pretty solid. HxH and Blue Exorcist are two I've been meaning to watch for a while, I just have a hard time getting in to long shows like HxH these days.

Fadaar

That guy
So I have watched/am watching the below shows, trying to find some other shows to watch...will list some newer and older stuff.

Shokugeki
Beyond the Boundary
Parasyte
No Game No Life
Is It Wrong to Try...
Xam'd
Ergo Proxy
Attack on Titan
Darker Than Black
Eureka 7

Obviously enjoyed staples like Bebop and Trigun, I just got back into watching again and got a sub to Crunchy Roll.

But anyway, any recommendations would be great.

Thanks.
Seems you have similar tastes to the stuff I like, so here goes. Just gonna go back a few years on Anichart and see what all I liked plus whatever else comes to mind:

Jornungand -- The overall plot for the show is pretty thin and it's the individual character episodes that really shine. Great show.
High School DxD -- I generally skip harem or ecchi shows but the dubbed dialog from this show is so hilarious when Issei gets riled up.
Fate/Zero -- Netflix has the full dub, I'd suggest that. I've never seen the original F/SN from I think 2006, so unsure if it's worth watching. Should definitely watch it before the currently airing Unlimited Blade Works.
Sword Art Online -- First half of season one is great, past that it's up in the air. I'd still suggest watching the whole thing though.
Psycho-Pass -- Look for the recently released re-editing of it.
Full Metal Panic -- Bit older, and to be honest you can skip the entirety of season two it's just comedic fluff.
Puella Magi Madoka Magica -- This is one of those shows that you really need to see to believe. For the love of god do not judge this book by its cover.
Chaika -The Coffin Princess -- Mentioned before but it's a good show, worth a watch.
The Irregular at Magic High School -- Also mentioned before but definitely worth the watch, just need to stick it out for the fairly boring first arc.
Knights of Sidonia -- Space mech show that's eerily reminiscent of Battlestar Galactica. Takes an episode or two to adjust to the animation style, but it's awesome.
Soul Eater -- Fun show with a good cast of characters. Not a fan of the ending but everything prior was good.
Aldnoah.Zero -- Same issue that SAO had, great first half and mediocre second half. Worth a watch.
Sabagebu! -- Once again, don't judge the book by its cover. The main character in this show is easily the most evil and underhanded bitch I've ever seen in a show and she's awesome for it. It's another one of those shows you'll start watching and be going "what the fuck?" half the time (in a good way). The Predator episode alone is epic.
Terror In Resonance -- I tend to find that original shows not based on a manga are usually the best, and this is no exception. Only 11 episodes which IMO is about 2 episodes too short, it needed some more exposition on the characters. Once again not 100% a fan of the ending but the ride it took to get there is great. One of the best scenes ever with the guy and girl on the motorcycle, you'll know it when you see it.
Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex -- Chances are you've seen episodes on TV, but figured I'd suggest it anyway.
Gurren Lagann -- The last good thing studio Gainax will probably ever have done. Epic show from start to finish and it redefines exactly what over the top means.
Kill la Kill -- Brought to you by the same people as Gurren Lagann. It's ridiculous as hell with one of the best side characters ever (Mako). It's a show you'll either love or hate, but definitely worth giving a shot.''
Log Horizon -- If you liked Sword Art Online give this show a shot. I loved season one but I'll be honest I couldn't finish season two, it just didn't go anywhere. Maybe it did by the end, but at the very least season one was solid.

Now for shows from the past few months, some of which are still ongoing (will put a * by those)

Your Lie In April -- Beautiful show, really not much else needs to be said. It's purely a character driven show and does a great job from start to finish.
The Fruit of Grisaia -- Based on a VN game and tries to cram too much into such a short season (13 episodes) but it's so completely different from everything else. The follow ups....
The Eden of Grisaia* and The Labyrinth of Grisaia* -- Currently airing, serves as both a prequel and sequel to the above. Since it's not trying to stuff multiple story arcs into one season and instead focuses on what happened prior to season one, it goes into a lot more detail. Watching this and saying that Yuuji had a fucked up childhood is like saying Hitler did a few bad things, massive understatement.
The Seven Deadly Sins -- Awesome show based around seven legendary fighters and their adventures in their world.
Death Parade -- Interesting show to say the least, it'll make you think. Especially the first episode.
Food Wars! Shokugeki no Soma* -- Currently airing. You've probably seen it mentioned a bunch in this thread. Such a ridiculously over the top show, funny as hell and sure to entertain every week.

I'm sure there's probably stuff I've forgotten and if I think about it I'll edit it in.

Edit: Le derp, forgot to list the shows have a new season currently airing from my list:

Knights of Sidonia, season 2
High School DxD, season 3
Fate/Zero, I guess it's a sequel... Unlimited Blade Works is airing right now

Going to second a lot of what fadaar listed. Especially kill la kill and Madoka. When I had madoka recommended to me I was wondering why someone wanted me to watch a magical girls show. Holy shot was I wrong. Don't forget to watch the movie as well if you enjoyed the series, it's even more unexpected then the show itself.

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>

Shokugeki
Beyond the Boundary
Parasyte
No Game No Life
Is It Wrong to Try...
Xam'd
Ergo Proxy
Attack on Titan
Darker Than Black
Eureka 7

But anyway, any recommendations would be great.

Thanks.
Malakriss's list has some good shows, definitely check them out. Here's some that weren't on it that are worth watching:

Psycho Pass 1 and 2
Another
Hellsing Ultimate
Black Lagoon
Tsukihime
Steins;Gate
Shinsekai Yori
Tiger and Bunny

SekaiX recommended Jormungand, which is also an excellent show. Kovaks suggested Samurai Champloo, and I'll back that up.

Fadaar's list is good too.

McShrimp

Molten Core Raider
Puella Magi Madoka Magica -- This is one of those shows that you really need to see to believe. For the love of god do not judge this book by its cover.
When I had madoka recommended to me I was wondering why someone wanted me to watch a magical girls show.
Picked this out of the list to give a shot. Never really watched a magical girl show before so I don't know what to expect, but the first 2 episodes were good so far. CR seems to be lagging atm so I cant watch more, but its short, so I'm sure I'll watch the rest in a day or two.

Right off the bat though, the giant bathroom reminded me of something, and I'm not surprised to find out that its made by SHAFT. I don't really know much about them as a company, but I've loved their animation style in Monogatari and Nisekoi, and so far liking most of what I'm seeing in this show, particularly the witch mazes. When I check outthis listthough, it seems they've been around for 40 years, and have had their hands in a great many things. Can anyone suggest anything else from them? Don't really care about genre as much, just something where they take the lead on animation, and the show itself doesn't suck.

You won't regret watching it. Episode three is when it starts to get really good.

For shaft if you haven't watched the rest of the monogatari series you really should. Bakemonogatari, nisemonogatari, nekomonogatari, monogatari second season, hanamonogatari, and tsukimonogatari.

Another strong showing from them i ef: a tale of memories and it's follow up ef: a tale of melodies.

Oh and for madoka the movie that completes the series is the third one called rebellion. The first two are basically recaps of the series with slight adjustments. The series was better so no need to worry about them.

Leon

<Silver Donator>
Yeah but 66 Celsius? Oh the humanity, that poor beef.
Yeah that's well done beef, i cried a little =/ But it doesn't seem she was probing the center of the meat, and with a roast this tick the outside will end up being more brown and around 150 while the center will be 130 ish which is just fine.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Soma manga spoilers
Just now, 173 issues, they introduce the elite 10, it's taken that long (so far we've only seen 2)

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
apron boy, tongue girl, whose the third, calculator boy? i thought he was far off
The guy who was behind that train station lunch box chain. Souma hasn't challenged him directly yet, but the guy has a hate on for him for ruining one of his plans.

Lenardo

Vyemm Raider
i don't know what it is about fate/zero.. it puts me to sleep... i've tried 3 times now to watch the first episode, each time i fall asleep halfway through it...maybe if i am not trying to watch it at 11pm......

and i don't know what happened with sokugeki - the manga i have yet to view the anime-
initially it looked like there was gonna be a possible love story(and it might still happen) between erina and souma....yet she has not really been in any issue beyond the first 10 or so.....

McShrimp

Molten Core Raider
Well there's 7 different mage/hero pairs in Fate/Zero, so there's a bit of setup to be done initially. It definitely gets better though, the Caster fight in the middle of the series is particularly awesome.

Finished Madoka, and I think that a better cover to judge it by would be Sailor Moon high-fiving Dr. Timothy Leary. Really liked it, but left me thinking "Dafuq did I just watch?" Also pretty insidious how you get to ep10, and there's a big reveal that makes you want to rewatch from the beginning. 10/10, would watch again (and probably will)

Now for the rest of that list...

Gorillaz_sl

shitlord
Just finished Madoka. I kind of guessed when everyone said it got better after Ep 3 what kind of anime it would be.

I liked the ending mostly.