Spring 2020 Anime Thread

Neranja

<Bronze Donator>
Sing Yesterday is sooooo good.
Honestly I am impressed. Finished the manga years ago, but I didn't think Doga Kobo (who is known mainky for cute girls shows) would do such a good adaptation. Clearly someone liked the source material, which wasn't even that popular in its niche.

the worst adventurer ever to set foot in a dungeon though
She is self-aware enough that she is not the sharpest tool in the shed, though.

1589809588808.png

x.jpg

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
Sing Yesterday is sooooo good. Feels stabbing + total 90s nostalgia.

Is Sing a romance anime? Trying to find another to watch with the wife.

Also heard the ending sucks, anyone know about that? (Spoiler, obviously--but I don't care about knowing the end, I just don't want to have her watch something that ends up being shit at the end.)

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
It's a slice of life anime. Some romance. About some people doing some things and how their lives and feelings are all mixed up. It's on CR if you want to watch the first ep or 2 to get a feel for it. No idea how it ends.

• 1Like

Leon

<Silver Donator>
Is Sing a romance anime? Trying to find another to watch with the wife.

Also heard the ending sucks, anyone know about that? (Spoiler, obviously--but I don't care about knowing the end, I just don't want to have her watch something that ends up being shit at the end.)

Have her watch your lie in april. What could possibly go wrong?

No idea how sing ends, but the animation quality and the overall show is just damn good.

• 1Worf

Neranja

<Bronze Donator>
Also heard the ending sucks, anyone know about that?
How the manga went:
MC tries to make it work with sensei, but it falls apart because of too much emotional baggage. Then he goes to Ise (where Haru fled to) to look for genki raven girl and starts dating her.

• 1Like

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Ascension of a Bookworm is a strange show. A little too slow for me but stuck through it anyways. It has a strange sense of foreboding like I’m waiting for the whole thing to go off the rails bad, sort of like Made in Abyss. Too many hints that a lot of shit just ain’t right. But still 90% about a nerdy 7 year old girl inventing things.

Tower of Gos has been great. Wish I’d waited for the season to be finished bc now I want more.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Looks like our boy Wendelin in 8th Son has discovered a bunch of X-Wings.

I'll allow it.

Fadaar

That guy
hory shet

the end of the last season is where i left off reading the manga so everything from here on out is all new to me, won't bother to read it at this point

Leon

<Silver Donator>
Same. I fucking spent that trailer going: DAFUQ IS THIS? WTF IS THAT?

And i loved it.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Did they change animation studios? I saw "Mappa" there, but I thought WIT Studio did AoT?

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
Another great episode of Bookworm. Our girl is totally going to have some assassins sent her way from the nobles soon I bet. She makes them look like the shits they are, which never goes unpunished for too long.

• 1Like

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
I just started watchIng Book Worm. I'm only 4 episodes in, but I like it so far. I dislike that she's tired all the time, but whatever.

Good series.