Spring 2021 Anime Thread

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Higehiro: After Being Rejected, I Shaved and Took in a High School Runaway is such a good "slice of life" style show. And right now it's getting to the feels portion. God damn am I glad I started watching it. He isn't a creep at all, just a really positive figure in her life. Great series.

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
I'm not allowed to be within 25 yards of a knife after watching Fruits Basket.

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
Been getting caught up on a lot of shit this week. How Not to Summon A Demon Lord... is not something you should even consider watching at work.

• 2Like
  • 1Worf

Lendarios

Trump's Staff
<Gold Donor>
Really enjoying SSSS.Dynazenon. It's a fun Ultraman/Voltron homage with some more serious side stories and a dash of Trigger absurdity. Solid upgrade to SSSS.Gridman.
I meant to ask you. Is it thicc like gridman?

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Question about the after credit scene for Spider. Is the lady in white walking next to Ariel supposed to be Admin D?

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Question about the after credit scene for Spider. Is the lady in white walking next to Ariel supposed to be Admin D?
That's the spider after gaining human form.
A little further into the story, she evolved into a humanoid spider thing, kind of like the EQ mobs in the Dreadlands. Then she goes to a flying saucer with the Demon Lord & the Elf king guy. The saucer was from before the reset that restarted the earth. It was originally designed by the Elf and given to the old humanity who had technology. For some reason the saucer activated again, and was going to blow up everything with the mega bomb. The humanoid spider girl ends up "eating" the bomb for some reason. Earlier in the story, she was jealous of Demon Lord's Gluttony skill, and how OP it is compared to the 2 taboo skills she has.. She doesn't die from eating the bomb, but it causes one more evolvution turning her into a deity. This is the full human form. She also loses all of her powers in the process, because deitys are no longer controlled by "the system". All of her previous skills are removed, and there's no more word of god because she doesn't level up any longer. She's just a normal person now. After another book, she goes on to learn how to use magic once more. She's a deity, just like the man in black armor who was watching her on the screens. She's powerful again because she's able to magically reproduce all of her old spider skills.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
wish you would go to the fucking manga thread for giant spoilers like that but i suppose it's my fault for clicking.

• 1Like

Malkav

French Madman
wish you would go to the fucking manga thread for giant spoilers like that but i suppose it's my fault for clicking.

Xarpolis will always spoil 20 tomes ahead of LNs from the currenly running shows because he has nothing else to do....

• 1Like

Wingz

Being Poor Sucks.
Well...only 1 episode left of Vivy to go.

So other than Vivy, the Archive was the only other one that was around the entire time.

Archive sees itself and other AI as children of humanity they will achieve that by replacing their parents. Apparently killing your parents is the only option it saw until Vivy had a spark of self thought. Making the song itself went above and beyond the programming and into self awareness and individuality.

Osamu's death means that's it. No more time travel. This is the last shot.

I get Terminator vibes from this for sure.

Hru6Net.png

Dis shot though...

90l0kr.jpg

• 1Like

Leon

<Silver Donator>
86 is a fucking masterpiece.

That Fido point of view is how you fucking fill in the blanks and is genius storytelling.

• 1Like

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
86 so good, so far its the best thing ive seen this season

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Leon

<Silver Donator>
Fruits basket, 86, vivy, to your eternity, Mashiro no oto, My hero season 5, Iruma, Nagatoro, Higehiro.

What a fucking great season.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I tried Nagatoro and I just couldn't bear it more than a couple episodes. Nagatoro herself is cute and funny but the protagonist is just terrible. Watched Uzaki-Chan instead.

MHA is pretty great, hope they get to that big spoiler I learned this season (just so we can talk about it here) although it might still be a ways off.

Gurgeh

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Not sure where to put this, but anyone's got recommendation on anime movies for 4-6 years old ?

Leon

<Silver Donator>
I tried Nagatoro and I just couldn't bear it more than a couple episodes. Nagatoro herself is cute and funny but the protagonist is just terrible. Watched Uzaki-Chan instead.

MHA is pretty great, hope they get to that big spoiler I learned this season (just so we can talk about it here) although it might still be a ways off.

Ya i guess Uzaki and nagatoro give out the same vibe. Once i realized the VA for senpai was the same as deku it added another dimension to the series for me. I can't help but feel she's bullying deku which is fucking great.

• 1Like

Leon

<Silver Donator>
where to put this, but anyone's got recommendation on anime movies for 4-6 years old ?

4 to 6? Shiiiet it's time to start them on dragon ball ! :p

Avatar the last airbender can be fine at that age.

Movie wise there's a few, a decent list here:

• 1Like

Gurgeh

Silver Baronet of the Realm
4 to 6? Shiiiet it's time to start them on dragon ball ! :p

Avatar the last airbender can be fine at that age.

Movie wise there's a few, a decent list here:

Oh Kiki's delivery service and Ponyo seem good. I could start with that I guess.