Spring 2021 Anime Thread

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I feel like I'm watching a different Joran than you guys.

Disjointed story, strange art style, terrible animation and fight scenes.
Sorry dude.

Joran's art style tickles me. I find it truly beautiful to the extent that I don't care about the plot (which seems to be convoluted). I watch it for eye candy.

velk

Trakanon Raider
Eh, that's art for you. Nothing wrong with not liking a particular style. Plenty of shows I've never watched because I don't like the art.

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
To your eternity was one of the best episode 1's and possibly one of the worst episode 2's. The whiplash is super affecting me right now.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Ok, FINALLY starting to watch this season's shows. For me, it's not a bright start, but I only tackled the shows that air on Monday so far.

Monday
Koi to Yobu ni wa Kimochi Warui -|- High quality animation, but the audio sounds extremely hollow. Cheap microphones or talking into a shoe box. It bothers me enough that I can't sit through the episode.
Yakunara Mug Cup mo -|- 15 minute episodes. Slice of life. However they animated water looks amazing. Slice of life about pottery. It looks peaceful, so I'll give it a shot.
Hige wo Soru. Soshite Joshikousei wo Hirou.-|- Guy goes on date with hot co-worker, but gets rejected. After getting drunk w/ a friend, he encounters a teen girl sitting alone under a street light. She says if he lets her stay at his place, she'll "do him". He turns her down, but upon getting home, she offers again and is turned down again. It actually is a decent story and he wants to raise her right.
Itazuraguma no Gloomy -|- 1 minute episode. It's very violent, but I didn't care. Pass.
Fumetsu no Anata e -|- Very depressing show. It's about this orb that lives a life by taking over the existence of something that died. All while stuck in a winter tundra. It has some draw, but not enough for me. I wasn't caught with the first episode, so pass.
Fruit Basket S3 -|- I've never watched the previous seasons of Fruit Basket, so I don't need to see the 3rd.
Mars Red -|- Show about a vampire & military. The first episode did nothing for me.
Odd Taxi -|- Terrible style of animation. It's about animal-people in a city. It's Zootopia, the poorly animated TV show. And I'm not interested.

I'll probably watch the Tuesday shows tonight.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

McQueen

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Nagatoro keeps getting better. The smughegao face is perfect.

• 1Like

chthonic-anemos

bitchute.com/video/EvyOjOORbg5l/
Vivy not long enough. Time traveling to next week.
tumblr_p66pz2pdKZ1vbcnq8o3_500.gif

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Tuesday
Tensura Nikki - Tensei Shitara Slime Datta Ken -|- It's a Slime side-story. No action to speak of, but I really like the main show, so I'll stick with this one.
Seijo no Maryoku wa Bannou Desu -|- Isekai story about a girl summoned to a new world as the saintess. However, in her old world, she was a researcher with plants, and found that this new world makes potions and stuff from plants, so she joined the institute to do it here as well. This was a really good first episode.
Joran The Princess of Snow and Blood -|- I can't put an exact finger on why, but the show did nothing for me. As a result, I'll be moving on.
Kobayashi-san Chi no Maid Dragon -|- I really liked the first season, and I realize this isn't that, but honestly... it didn't bother me. Plus, real short episodes.

• 1Like

Wingz

Being Poor Sucks.
Vivy not long enough. Time traveling to next week.
tumblr_p66pz2pdKZ1vbcnq8o3_500.gif

Seriously. The episode felt like about 10 minutes. At the end it was like..wait its over? Fuck

Every week it's more and more references and I love it.

First Portal, (very end of this scene for the companion cube and the eye for Wheatly from Portal 2!)

Last time was Gundam with the Sunrise space station.

Now it's Nier Automata robots! (Doesn't the writing look like blood?)

r39UouT.png

• 1Like

Leon

<Silver Donator>
Nagatoro is awesome. Also hiruma season 2 is off to a good start.

• 1Like

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Just finished watching the first episode of the Wednesday shows.

Wednesday
Osananajimi ga Zettai ni Makenai Love Comedy -|- High school girl is an author and professional model. Everyone loves her for her beauty, but the strange guy that actually read her book likes her for everything else. Reminds me a lot of Jaku-Chara from last season, so I'll keep going.
Full Dive -|- VRMMORPG. Ok, it annoyed me at first, but I like where the show quickly went. It's going to be different.
Super Cub -|- It's a show about a girl and a motorscooter. It looks nice, but it didn't interest me.
Hetalia World Stars -|- Short show. People are countries. It's like being inside the UN, but for children.
Cestvs - The Roman Fighter -|- Computer graphics show about roman boxing. I guess to latch onto Magelo Box's popularity. Pass.
Maiko-san Chi no Makanai-san -|- This is one episode per month. I don't even feel like watching it.

EDIT: And I got through Thursday real fast as well.
Thursday
SD Gundam World Heroes -|- I'm a typical Gundam lover, but this shit is just Pokemon: The Gundam Years. Trash.
Fairy Ranmaru -|- Some kind of fairy guys that are there to make the world better. It's a terrible first episode.
Zombieland Saga -|- I didn't watch season 1 of this, so Season 2 doesn't do it either. They're a singing zombie idol group, and... wow do I not care.
Bakuten!! -|- Male gymnastics. Super gay. Pass.
sekai Maou to Shoukan Shoujo no Dorei Majutsu -|- Reborn as a demon lord, season 2. It starts off with a Mushroom monster complete with penis tenticles. Um... Well, I liked season 1, so I'll stick through it.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Harkon

Vyemm Raider
To your eternity was one of the best episode 1's and possibly one of the worst episode 2's. The whiplash is super affecting me right now.
What I want to know is how he went from being in a desolate barren snowscape to a tropical jungle. Nothing in between conifer forests, temperate areas, grasslands ect all skipped over. Right to the jungle!

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Tons of shows for Friday's watching schedule, and I just finished them. Now I only have the absurdly long Saturday and Sunday to go, which will have to wait till next week.

Friday
Kumo desu ga, Nani ka -|- Such an awesome show that started last season. I'm glad it's continuing.
SSSS.Dynazenon -|- It started off slow, but then it became Pacific Rim mixed with Voltron, and damnit, it became fun. I dig it.
Back Arrow -|- Continuation of season 1 from last season. I didn't like it then, so I won't like it now.
Subarashiki Kono Sekai The Animation -|- I don't really understand it. Almost like reverse Isekai, but not. I have enough shows that I want to watch, so I'll skip this.
Blue Reflection Ray -|- Cheap costume jewelry makes magic girls? Artistically, this has a lot going for it, but I'm still not interested.
Shakunetsu Kabaddi -|- Another sport's anime. This one for a game called Kabaddi. It's a real thing out in Bangledash, but pretty much no where else. Yeah, it lost me there.
Mashiro no Oto -|- Hardcore Shamisem. Ok, I'll bite.
Cardfight!! Vanguard overDress -|- These have never done anything for me, so pass without wasting my time.
Dragon Quest - Dai no Daibouken -|- Continuation of this show. I'll continue to skip it.
Boku no Hero Academia - Love this show. Time to keep going.

• 1Like

Fadaar

That guy
Bitch gots Uncle Ruckus eye

Attachments

• PXL_20210426_013256661.jpg
    PXL_20210426_013256661.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 12
  • 2Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Neranja

<Bronze Donator>
SSSS.Dynazenon -|- It started off slow, but then it became Pacific Rim mixed with Voltron, and damnit, it became fun. I dig it.
Did you not watch the predecessor SSSS.Gridman? How could you miss out on Rikka's thicc thighs?

aKdEK8g_700b.jpg

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users