Spring Anime 2016 Thread

Fadaar

That guy
Also it's the same manga writer that did Future Diary (Mirrai Nikki), so uh... yeah, there's that. A wild Yuno appears!

Kuriin

Just a Nurse
Wow, Hero Academy is following the manga almost down to word to word. Pretty amazing, haha.

mixtilplix

Lord Nagafen Raider
Yeah pretty much, he is a cry baby in the extreme. Though in the latest chapters he seems to have matured a bit but he still can master his powers.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Yeah pretty much, he is a cry baby in the extreme. Though in the latest chapters he seems to have matured a bit but he still can master his powers.
Thats going to be hard to watch - shows with kids always annoy the fuck out of me and he is a prime example of an annoying main character.

That aside Re-Zero was pretty fuckin awesome today and im glad to know theyre finally progressing the story some.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Thats going to be hard to watch - shows with kids always annoy the fuck out of me and he is a prime example of an annoying main character.

That aside Re-Zero was pretty fuckin awesome today and im glad to know theyre finally progressing the story some.
Yea, but now I'm wondering what will happen if the main character happens to die...at what point would he come back?

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Hmm good question - id imagine its the start of each day or X time of the day he "resets"? It seemed like everytime he died he went back to a specific point of the day - So it would be safe to assume so long as he makes it to X point tomorrow hes in the clear and if he dies he will just revert back to that time of the day? Perhaps we will find out tomorrow - but im kinda curious and tempted to read the manga
biggrin.png

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Hmm good question - id imagine its the start of each day or X time of the day he "resets"? It seemed like everytime he died he went back to a specific point of the day - So it would be safe to assume so long as he makes it to X point tomorrow hes in the clear and if he dies he will just revert back to that time of the day? Perhaps we will find out tomorrow - but im kinda curious and tempted to read the manga
biggrin.png
Good point, I can see him getting "reset" by X number of hours, since his previous two deaths occured in the evening.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
So I'm watching the Big Order OVA right now. It's REALLY fucking strange. I'm not sure what to make of it, but I still have 7 minutes left to watch. From what I can tell, there's a few things going on.

Guy is a high school student. Hot girl transfers to his school and he adores her. Then he finds out she lives upstairs from his apartment, and they fuck. But then he wakes up and he's sitting on a bench talking to some other girl and a younger sister is running towards him. Then he wakes up again and he's in a park with another girl who is picking wishes from a pine tree. Then wakes up again and the hot chick is killing him with a sword. Then he wakes up again and he's sitting in a restaurant waiting for a sister. Then it starts over, repeating the section where he's sitting in school and meets the hot chick for the first time, but then when she says she lives upstairs from him, she hits him with a taser.

Then he's fighting her on a roof top and an attack helicopter flies past and shoots a minigun at him. His mom's there, and she's killing him also. Then zombies. Seriously, what the fuck is this?

I'll have to watch the rest of the OVA and figure it out, but as of right now, it doesn't make any sense at all.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
The OVA was really fuckin strange so i fell asleep on it and decided not to rewatch in fear it would ruin my desire to follow the series.

That aside RWBY on CR is pretty dam good and almost redeems the shitty streaming service they provide. For a western based toon its pretty good and funny.

Malkav

French Madman
I could never get over the cheezyness and amateur acting of RWBY.

Anyway, Kumamiko has to be one of the funniest thing this season.

McShrimp

Molten Core Raider
That aside RWBY on CR is pretty dam good and almost redeems the shitty streaming service they provide. For a western based toon its pretty good and funny.
RoosterTeeth posts it to their YouTube page too, about a week after the episode hits CR. Better player, and they already made a playlist with all of the episodes, and other extras and stuff too -https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...YlD9MHjvmT8IGK

I also find it kinda funny that last year when I started watching it, I tried looking it up on ANN, and all I found was a locked forum thread with some mod saying "made in America, not anime, won't be on this site, end of story." But now that they have a Japanese dub of it...RWBY (U.S. ONA) - Anime News Network

Fadaar

That guy
RWBY's voice acting gets a lot better over the course of the series. Considering the main cast (at least toward the beginning) was just made up of Rooster Teeth employees they've done an excellent job.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
What became of that new Attack on Titan style show? We saw the first episode a few weeks ago, but haven't seen or heard shit since then. Very odd.

As of right now, I'm watching a few shows this season. Hero Academy, Re Zero, Flying Witch, Joker Game & Stray Dogs (I think that's it. It's the one with that dude that becomes a tiger).

I want more!

Gromit

Golden Knight of the Realm
It didn't air last week due to the earthquake I believe. Couple other shows didn't air too so it wasn't the only one affected. Should be out normal time today.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
It's probably just me, but it "feels" like it should be on episode 3, not just 2. Meaning this weekend would be episode 4. But in reality, it's only going to be 2. It just feels like it's taking a lot longer.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Episode 2 was leaked by the chinese provider, english subs over top of that were released a day later than usual. Are you implying that 2 will officially air this week and we still won't get 3 for another full week? Because that would indeed suck.