Spring Anime 2016 Thread

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Was/is D.Gray-man worth watching? Their will be a continuation of that story this summer, and the trailer for it looked pretty good.
I remember liking the original D.Gray Man but honestly can't remember much about it other than it was an exorcist show.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Was/is D.Gray-man worth watching? Their will be a continuation of that story this summer, and the trailer for it looked pretty good.
DGray man is good, one of the better "exorcist" animes, feels like the newer batch of "exorcist" animes try to copy DGrayman, it's huge at 103eps, here is the filler list, it's pretty short
27, 29-36, 41-50

Maincharacter is of course the focus, but they do a decent enough job of developing the side characters that you'll care.

Despite the type of voices being dubbed, I know the worst part is the lack of the range of emotion. Japanese voice acting really seems to "get into it", versus the alternatives I've seen (even in non-English) that keep the same tones regardless of the situation.

The only voice acting that's usually any good is done by animation outside of dubbed anime.

I'd personally like to see more retired actors try to take on voice acting, even if its for less money.
It's cuz these white bitches hear a jap girl speaking and try to mimic and copy their inflections and tones, however they're white bitches and just come off sounding retarded.

Itlan

Blackwing Lair Raider
i love subtitles, i refuse to watch anything dubbed
tongue.png
DB Kai, Yu Yu Hakusho, Cowboy Bebop, Samurai Champloo, and FMA:B are all awesome dubs. Prefer them over the subbed, ESPECIALLY the first two.

Chysamere

<WoW Guild Officer>
DB Kai, Yu Yu Hakusho, Cowboy Bebop, Samurai Champloo, and FMA:B are all awesome dubs. Prefer them over the subbed, ESPECIALLY the first two.
Yes, I refuse to watch Dragonball Z/etc dubbed. I know the old grandma who does the voices is a legend but I can't stand her.

Bebop and Hellsing are two other anime that I consider well dubbed.

Fadaar

That guy
Trigun pretty solid too. I tried watching some DBZ episodes subtitled and could not get past Goku's voice, dear god so so bad. I know the English VA's change a couple times throughout the series, but it's still better than female voiced Goku.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Trigun pretty solid too. I tried watching some DBZ episodes subtitled and could not get past Goku's voice, dear god so so bad. I know the English VA's change a couple times throughout the series, but it's still better than female voiced Goku.
my Goku was a pretty manly sounding Chinese dude
pretty much my 80's/90's anime was all chinese dubbed cuz that's how it came, original jap really wasn't a thing until dvd's.

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
Trigun dubbed is heresy.

Cowboy Bebop is good voice dubbing (mostly). Steve Blum (the voice of Spike) is a great voice actor, and they need more people like him. If you don't mind profanity and want to laugh your fucking ass off, play the game Bulletstorm or watch clips of it on Youtube. He's outrageous as the voice of the main character.

It's cuz these white bitches hear a jap girl speaking and try to mimic and copy their inflections and tones, however they're white bitches and just come off sounding retarded.
Probably lack of serious competition too. Japan really takes their voice acting seriously, while in America we get whoever they throw at it.

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
Yeah, when it comes to english dubbing, there's like 10 people who are involved in the process apparently. You'll consistently hear the same voice actors over, and over, and over again. Often for multiple roles in the same show/movie.

Fadaar

That guy
Oh and for those of you who can tolerate the blatant fanservice shows, Highschool DXD is hilarious dubbed purely for the shit Issei says. It's funny in Japanese too, but the English version is great.

Yeah, when it comes to english dubbing, there's like 10 people who are involved in the process apparently. You'll consistently hear the same voice actors over, and over, and over again. Often for multiple roles in the same show/movie.
That's the real problem, a serious lack of variety. Like the guy that did the voice for Ichigo in Bleach (at least that's what I recognize him from the most). Pretty distinct voice, can't help but think of that character every time I hear him in another show.

Itlan

Blackwing Lair Raider
I think Kai might be the best dub I've heard. They all kind of settled into their roles, and I think the voice change for Gohan was a good thing. He doesn't sound like a chain smoker, and Freeza doesn't sound like fucking Genkai.

https://youtu.be/eXF-VXkGMy8?t=3m55s

Fadaar

That guy
So I was looking for a copy of this week's Kabaneri episode and no dice, so I decided to actually use Amazon for once. Do they not have any of the episodes in HD? Would like to watch ep 10 but SD is just so bad.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
I didnt find D.Gray Man pretty amazing, seemed fairly standard but it seemed it could get better.

Yu Yu Hakusho was really good in english, but thats one of the few!

Gromit

Golden Knight of the Realm
So I was looking for a copy of this week's Kabaneri episode and no dice, so I decided to actually use Amazon for once. Do they not have any of the episodes in HD? Would like to watch ep 10 but SD is just so bad.
They're all in HD on Amazon? Or at least it auto streams HD.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Theyre HD for me - just watched and im glad all that happened, maybe now he will be less a pussy.

mixtilplix

Lord Nagafen Raider
Man Kabaneri sure did drop the ball introducing the tropey villains into the show. Too bad, it had so much potential. This season has been kinda meh.

Derkon

Trakanon Raider
Man Kabaneri sure did drop the ball introducing the tropey villains into the show. Too bad, it had so much potential. This season has been kinda meh.
Yup, much preferred Kabaneri when it was just the ragtag team of survivors trying to make it to the main town/city. Biba couldn't be anymore of a cliche villain if they tried.